Deeside Quarry ? Off Road Area

11 messages
03/06/2007 at 18:04
:burnout:
Whilst out at Toms Farm last weekend, a couple of fellow riders stated there is a gr8 days riding to be had at Deeside. Can anyone confirm and give directions or postcode from Stoke on Trent.
Cheers Stuart, Alex
04/06/2007 at 06:26
Only place i know at deeside, is at some 'illegal' waste ground near shotton papermill,
04/06/2007 at 07:27
Have you been on the land and how big ithe area, does it have regular visits by the boys in blue.
Thanks for quick response.:burnout:
Stuart, Alex
04/06/2007 at 07:45
i havent been for a while, but last time its full of chavs, theres 2 areas one is a tiny rough circuit, littered with rubble and wire the other more of a flat field, mainly used by quads, dont think the police bother too much.
04/06/2007 at 21:41
there's not much decent land to ride on round deeside is there?? - Wirral MX club is ya best phone call if ya want to enter some events

what bikes are you on - MX or Enduro??

what are you looking for - terrian wise
04/06/2007 at 22:09
If your after a good mixture of different ground Bonsal Quarry in Derbyshire is a good place. Its packed at the weekend with everything from kiddies on quads to proper full on lads on MX'ers

There is a MX track of sorts which is actually quite good, and then the quarry across the road which is great, and has some real difficult climbs etc

The other option for you is the Desert at Mansfield. Great big sand bowl and a small enduro track in the woods and a MX track in the sand at the back.

You could spend a full day at either of these and are unlikely to be bothered by plod at either. If your road legal there are lots of places you could go onto from either as well.

HTH

[size=1]

IF YOU DON'T CRASH .............. YOUR NOT ON A DIRT BIKE :burnout:
05/06/2007 at 06:23
My son rides a YZF250 2003 and I ride a YZF426 2002 . We are after similar venues like Toms Farm. We use for close rides an old quarry in Buxton which is only 45 mins away. Do you have any land marks that are close to these venues so I can AA route finder them and give them ALL a try . Appreciate your replies but if you can keep them coming so we can have a glorious off riding summer.:burnout:
Stuart.Alex
10/11/2007 at 09:54
Beer wrote
there's not much decent land to ride on round deeside is there?? - Wirral MX club is ya best phone call if ya want to enter some events

what bikes are you on - MX or Enduro??

what are you looking for - terrian wise

Anything like Toms Farm, rivers, hills, loose rock. forest trails We ride YZF250 YZF426.
Cheers:burnout:
11/11/2007 at 10:29
jimbrodie1 wrote
If your after a good mixture of different ground Bonsal Quarry in Derbyshire is a good place. Its packed at the weekend with everything from kiddies on quads to proper full on lads on MX'ers

There is a MX track of sorts which is actually quite good, and then the quarry across the road which is great, and has some real difficult climbs etc

The other option for you is the Desert at Mansfield. Great big sand bowl and a small enduro track in the woods and a MX track in the sand at the back.

"Red"]You could spend a full day at either of these and are unlikely to be bothered by plod at either.[/COLOR] If your road legal there are lots of places you could go onto from either as well.

HTH

bosal quarry you will have no problems but be aware that the desert you may come across the police on 2 crf bikes if you are caught they may warn you but also i know 2 people who have had bikes taken off them cost about £140 each to get them back, i go there but try and go in the week have had no problems then but weekends is risky, cheers lanerboy
06/09/2011 at 16:45
could you give me an address for it coz i wanna see that the place is like plz postcode !! thanx
15/01/2012 at 09:22
is their anywere for off road buggys
Your say
email image
11 messages