nitron race shocks

9 messages
04/08/2006 at 13:32
Have just bought a new Nitron race shock for my R6 2003.
Does anyone have any experience of nitron as all they supply is it set at the mid points re rebound and high/low compression. interested if racers have used these shocks and generally adjusted them one way or another.
Ultimately feel the bike is pushing wide as I get on the power coming out of corners so figure it's squatting too much and should therefore increase the low speed compression.
Any thoughts?
cheers
04/08/2006 at 13:58
i do have 1 in my cbr600rr i will dig the settings out and post on here asap
imo they are a very good shock as long as you have the top 1 they do with
high / low speed damping on

04/08/2006 at 14:38
that's the one I've got and interested in whether people have moved away from the middle settings that it comes with as standard
cheers
04/08/2006 at 15:51
i had sockwave set mine up but have settings some where will find and post asap

05/08/2006 at 15:51
racekaby wrote
that's the one I've got and interested in whether people have moved away from the middle settings that it comes with as standard
cheers

Ran one on my ZX6RR

Started at middle settings, and ended up backing off a bit on compression and preload as it was a tad harsh. Also jacked up the ride height, but that was 'cos I'd rather have quick steering and put up with the front being a bit flappy. Can't remember how much though as I no longer have the bike. Great bit of kit though

VDTD1Fas / BN#250 / TIT#3C / VDA#250 / TFG#4 / TOFFS3 / SSSD (Poof) # 2 / HBA#1 / VDFF#5 / AC#1200/2
05/08/2006 at 17:33
Animal wrote
Ran one on my ZX6RR

Started at middle settings, and ended up backing off a bit on compression and preload as it was a tad harsh. Also jacked up the ride height, but that was 'cos I'd rather have quick steering and put up with the front being a bit flappy. Can't remember how much though as I no longer have the bike. Great bit of kit though

The shock that Animal had on his RR is now on my 636R, i left the settings exactly as he had them and its a massive improvement over the standard shock...............it even damps out bumps now instead of rattling fillings. The rear does squat a bit on hard accelaration when leant over but feels very planted

I wear Orange overalls and pick up crashed loons from the track at weekends moke:

TIT#202AA
www.seastarsuperbikes.co.uk/
www.fwr.co.uk/ ..cheap tyres, fast delivery
www.thewheelieschool.co.uk/...managed to teach a wheelie virgin in a couple of hours

The only thing Bigyin knows about Traffic Law is how to break every last mother f*cking one of them.......... Abel

05/08/2006 at 22:06
Nitron helped me out last season on the DesmoDue racer, but we had to set the shock up once it was in the bike. I'm no expert so my mechanic (www.louigimoto.co.uk) set it up - but when it was adjusted, boy was it fecking brilliant.

I'm on a different bike this year and have an Ohlins (just coz it was fitted already) and it's not as good as the Nitron. Last years bike handled awesomely - difference is, this year I have the power too

Not much help really, but basically, I don't think any shock will arrive 'set-up' - so you need to get someone who knows what they're doing, so help you set it up.

DUCATI DESMO DUE CHAMPION 2006 :smoke:
www.DOMSKI.co.uk
16/01/2012 at 10:46
Thanks for all the great comments. We are a UK manufacturer, with our design and production facility based just outside of Oxford. We are always around to offer support - you can often find us at race meetings and track days. We do our best to produce the finest shocks available at a price that's sensible (we don't have any MotoGP campaigns to pay marketing expenses for..!).

Every shock is made to order and we are happy to advise on setup / spring rates / damping etc any time.

We are building our dealer network around the UK (and the rest of the world) so that most of you should be able to order from your local motorcycle store.

Our new website has all our contact details should anyone need anything further...
www.nitron.co.uk (01993 849449)

29/09/2012 at 01:14

most important setting and the first one to do is set sag, for a better understanding of the black art of suspension set up watch dave moss on you tube .

Your say
email image
9 messages