1 Piece Suit Stir Up

My old Road Crafter is knacked...

3 messages
12/01/2012 at 13:29

It's a sad day - I have finally had to recognise that my Aerostich Road Crafter is pretty knackered after only 13 years of constant use.

Not that I couldn't  revive it - new foam armour (crumbly after over a decade of constant soakings), a repair kit to sort out the rather nasty hole in the lining when I hung it once too near the exhaust of a DTR125, new Zips instead of ringed paper clip pullers and she would be almost as good as new - perhaps not quite as high viz as before....

Trouble is I am tubbier than I was before, and I can't continue riding hunched over like I am.

So it's time for a replacement.

Any suggestions? I would buy another Roadcrafter in a nano-second but I wondered if there were any really good alternatives out there?

Any suggestions?

(BTW: The thread title refers to an acrimonious discussion on similar lines I had in 2008 )

http://www.missionmotos.com/Product%20Tree/marsee-tankbags-tailpacks-europe/marsee-images/bill-on-marsee-tankbag-small.JPG

Bill Shaw Mission Motos - Motorcycle Travel Solutions.

Cool Motorcycle Packing Stuff Generally less than you'd pay from the US direct.Discounts at the moment as trying to sell it all off.

www.motorbikefriendly.com - we are always looking for B&B owners (anywhere) to add  their B&B's to our free listing. Rider owned and run places especially welcome. Riders resource site - routes etc, ask questions of the locals.

28/02/2012 at 14:08
There are a few alternatives but, honestly, nothing beats the incredible suit designed and built by Andy Goldfine of Aerostich.

You pays your money, you takes your chances - but not with Aerostich. Built in Duluth, Minnesota, you DO get what you pay for - and more.

I've used both the Roadcrafter styles - two and one piece suits, and the Darien jacket and trousers. I prefer the one piece Roadcrafter and I still have my original suit, built and purchased in 1984. Many sets of replaced pads and lots and lots of machine washings ensure it's soft and very comfortable - but most of the time I wear my newer suit which is "only" seven years old.

Best of luck.
29/04/2012 at 11:01
Must agree with Jim

Go for another AEROSTICH !!

....best bit of gear I have ever bought ( and I have tried and bought many makes ) ..IT WORKS !!

Great , build quality , great customer service.. the suit just performs day in day out..in all weather / conditions

I feel safe in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your say
email image
3 messages