Talkback: BMW R850R (1995 - 2007)

Review presumably describes R850C but depicts R850R??  The 'R' could never be labelled as BMW's 'take' on a cruiser.Underpowered a...

5 messages
25/07/2012 at 04:07

Review presumably describes R850C but depicts R850R??  The 'R' could never be labelled as BMW's 'take' on a cruiser.

Underpowered and a bit pointless? Maybe.... but no more so than your review!

12/02/2015 at 23:23

that's not a review, just a disparaging remark, having ridden the R850R I can say it deserves better.

Won't waste time here again, if this review is typical.

13/02/2015 at 16:29

Much underated all round get you anywhere bike. I never thought that this bike was my kind of bike as I always had sports bikes. I currently have an 08 Blade as well but the more you ride the r850r it seems to take you under its spell.

19/04/2015 at 20:38

the r850r is a hateful bike, rarely ridden without faults occuring, spent more time being fixed than able to ride the thing, bought it originally for a trike conversion, kept braking down so often i ended up flogging it off cheap !

21/04/2015 at 13:03

Great Bike. Completed 20k on it around Europe and at home 2 up with touring luggage or stripped of panniers, scratching Welsh coastal lanes. I love the Spitfire' like styling of this late model and its stance on the road. I have read a lot of thesde negative remarks over the yeras ( and ridden a lot of bikes) but dont really get it? I could trace it all back to a souless miniscule excuse of a review on MCN website that set the trend.

I now have a 94 900ss which is awesome in terms of weight and power but I would be hard pushed to decide on which one to sell should the need arise.

Your say
email image
5 messages