Talkback: BMW R1200GS Adventure (2006 - present)

The one thing about living in Oz is that everywhere is so friggin' faraway! Have had the GSA coming up for 2 years now (It replaced my third...

8 messages
12/06/2012 at 13:53

The one thing about living in Oz is that everywhere is so friggin' faraway! Have had the GSA coming up for 2 years now (It replaced my third GS) there is no other bike for getting places faraway. I get at least two stops on my fellow travelers.

Stoking engine with masses of torque, yeah she's big, and ugly, but you cannot beat the technolgy. I have always replaced the suspension on my bikes, best performance enhancement money can buy. However, I cannot fault the electronic suspension package. Ther's not a bit of tar or dirt that it cannot cope with. Even running TK's front and rear it will still keep me up with the pack in the tighter stuff. 

Absolutely love it.  

12/06/2012 at 16:06
I have had mine a year now and done 900 miles from new. I cannot get it out of my garage as my neighbour parks two vans and a jcb in my way. What are the recommended tyres for climbing over two Transit Vans and a jcb and what setting should I use on my ESA? Enjoy your GSA. Phil
17/06/2012 at 01:01
I have had my GS for 3 years since new, and have done over 100,000kms (in Australia) in that time. Loved every one of them. There is no better bike for doing long effortless miles.
29/07/2013 at 16:17

I've been considering a GSA for a while now and so on the reccomendation of mr Cope i took one out last friday. The only thing iregret about that decision, was that i took it back !!! This bike is the most beautiful machine i've ever ridden. Beauty they say is in the eye of the beholder, well in that case, i'm very beholden lol !! 

The bike i rode was the 2013 BMW R1200GS ADVENTURE she was comfy from the first moment to the last when i finally got off 4 hours later with just a minor petrol stop in the middle somewhere. The cornering was amazing for such a big bike, she's agile as hell and truly quick in accelerating out of the corners. I never once felt my confidence suffer. The wind resistance was spot on at 80mph going up the motorway with no buffeting at all. The suspension was a revelation in and of its self and the rest of the bells and whilstles just made me realise i had found my new bike for this year !! I have not had this much fun on a bike ever .

31/07/2013 at 23:29

I drove the new GS 1200 in May this year for a week around the Austrian Alps. It thought it would be a pig to drive given its bulk. Best bike I've ever driven. The conditions were very mixed - sunshine, rain and snow, hitting -1 near the Grossglockner. The bike's handling was consistently sublime at each of the electronic suspension settings. It felt like it was on rails. The best part was the even power band spreads with all the right torque at the low mid and upper ends. It will do everything you want, off road, rough road, twisties, tight switchbacks and even a bit of racing on the Tatzel Wurm! 

04/08/2013 at 23:24

i have been riding mine for 10 months and done 17 thousand miles its a 2006 and in complete contrast it is the biggest pile of junk i have ever ridden.give me a step thru please.

the bike has been wrong since the day it was bought every light flashing at different times this sensor gone wrong that sensor gone wrong .one day it never started at all and that turned out to be the key and barrel that apparently send signals to each other.well they just stopped chatting.  on 4 no occasions i have been flying along and the damn key switches to the left and turns the whole bike off , and always on the mway so far.   then i had three months of mis firing and my local bike shop on three attempts could not find the fault but in fairness when given to bm trouble u  they did find the fault and replaced two coils

currently the bike has a wobble at high speed on the front end  oh and another time the rear mudguard fell apart on a fri night and thanks to the midnight mechanics at chas bikes it was fixed on the spot.    i rode 134 miles from my home to bridport in dorset just yesterday after one hour my butt and legs were absolutely screaming to get off and i could not stop fidgeting with discomfort.  where is this comfort u speak of,?   and off road did i hear someone say off road how does that work then the bike just falls over and over and over if you go off road how can it be an off road bike ???

oh and did i mention the abs has never worked and that bulbs keep blowing make no mistake i absolutely hate this piece of crap more than any piece of machinery i have ever owned and the finest pieces of machinery i have ever owned have never once not once broke down on me and they all had the word HONDA written on the side 3 cgs 2 rs 250s one super dream one 400/4  one cb900 one c90 and not one breakdown  never will i purchase a bmw motorcycle again.

06/08/2013 at 17:40
11/10/2013 at 20:50

and since i wrote that  last rant just above it has switched itself off twice again and after the last fortune spent it lasted five minutes  befrore two red lights flashing again     omfg    and now the powder coating is coming off in slabs around the screen area.

Your say
email image
8 messages