Suzuki GSF1250 Bandit

20 messages
11/06/2008 at 13:39

Got 9,000 miles on my 07 and not a single problem

Replaced all brake lines with Galfer SS lines - made a difference.

Run nothing but Stradas on the bike, good traction, good mileage, good in the rain.

On a scale of 1-10, it is a solid 9.

Bob

USA

17/07/2008 at 14:40
I've been pretty pleased with my 1250 too. Does most things well and scores highly in the bang-per-buck stakes. I run Michelin Pilot Road2 tyres on mine and am very happy with them - the stock rear only lasted 2000 miles and that was with quite conservative riding. Made quite a few changes - RomaTech radiator guard, lower fairing, fenda extenda, hugger, Triboseat, mirror extenders, Halogen+ bulbs, SW Motech rack, Suzuki colour-coded topcase, Stebel Magnum horn and Givi screen.

David

BMW R1200R

28/10/2008 at 14:55

I am really pleased with mine also.. Mines a 2007 (07) model... Goes great... Stops great... Road Pilots on mine also just fitted... about 14000 mile on mine I think. Use it daily whatever the weather and its not let me down yet... finger crossed..

Its a bit heavy but once its on the move its a relaxing ride and comfortable at any speed. My FZ6 prior to this always wanted to race, always revs revs revs which is fineif thats what you want and dont get me wrong I loved that bike adn would recommend that too...

Bandit 1250 power in any gear... Such a nice ride

Live long and prosper!!

14/02/2009 at 11:11
I am really pleased with mine but i dont like the clutch noise  apart from that its a good all rounder + i like the wheelys and the fact the most sports bike back off cause the 1250 does it better all of it , long live the bandit
Tab
17/02/2009 at 23:48
One of the best looking rides around, its just got that don't mess with me look and it will back it up
18/02/2009 at 21:26
Hi tab yes mate i love fast bikes i been ridin since i was 4 havent been without a bike i love my bandit , but i wont to go 1 more , i was thinkin of a b king but its a big bike i only just touch floor on me bandit its jacked up and got more grunt than a pigs got well u know what i mean , cheers mate telscy
18/02/2009 at 21:35
any one got a b king out there what thay like compared to other bikes ?
14/04/2009 at 19:22
Im looking at going for 1250GT but was wandering what the servicing costs are. Im currently on a ST1300 but the service prices are going up and up so need something cheaper to run.
14/04/2009 at 21:47
service costs are ok but depends on how much is to much the bandit is about 150 to 200 but i do my own as thay are quite easy bike to work on , hondas are allways pricey bikes to service or repair and to buy not like suzuki , i think suzuki is better bike more reliable ,
15/04/2009 at 13:00
Thanks Telscy. My Pan is due it's 24k and have been quoted from 3-400 even though I've done some of the easier bits (Plugs,Air/Oil filter Oil Change) myself! Apparently it's more because of the panelling but if I take it off and take it in, it only reduces by maximum of 75 pounds! Steering closer and closer to 1250.
19/04/2009 at 20:45
hi m8 my misses does most of mine service like brakes + lines and engine stuff only thing she dont do is tyres but yer every thing else , she says ive not got the pationts to do my bike , go for it m8 u wont regreat it ? cheers telscy
16/05/2009 at 23:43

Update to my earlier post.... Now coming up to 16k and replace the chain about 1000 miles back, cost about £160...

Today I put the original exhaust back on for two reasons...

Fed up of the Beowulf exhaust burning holes on my trousers!! Maybe I forgot to fit something when I fitted it as the bottom part of the can seemed to always come in contact with my trousers if I put my feet behind the pegs.. Tried to get in the habit of not doing this but I cant. (youtube video out there under "replacing the exhaust on the suzuki bandit 1250"

Second reason is that I am going to sell it so put it back in as near to the original condition as I could.. forgot how heavy thatoriginal exhaust is!!...

Fab bike though but its time for change..

Live long and prosper!!

18/06/2009 at 06:54
"Fab bike though but its time for change.."

Mmmmmh! I really like my Bandit but can't think what I'd replace it with to give me anything like it without spending a bundle more. That's why I've kept mine. It makes me smile every time I ride it. Be interested to know what bandit1250 ends up with and whether he feels it was a smart move.

David

BMW R1200R

25/07/2009 at 23:45

I have 07 bandit 1250 Also just put Michelin Pilot Road 2s on as gone through two of the original rear tyres in no time. Being over 6ft have had to change original screen to cut down on wind blast. Have also put aftermarket exhaust on cause original looks like ships funnel and totally spoils the looks.

Having Had various different bikes over the years have to say for the money it cost and the reasonably good performance. its one of the best bikes I have owned. Riding position is good and doesn't put any pressure on my shoulder or knees. Which is great considering they are knacked from many years of riding and get offs.

30/03/2010 at 15:06
 hi anyone know how much me 1250 will go for still in lovely nick duo first mot september , its got scorppion can which i cut down as to long got orig one as well , done about 12000 ml now but had accident on the building and f--k-d me back and find its too heavy for me now , i love my bandit and would like some one to have it that would love it as much as i do , ive had to got a crapy scooter now cause of me back problem and i f--k--g hate it but its two wheels so im still riding cheers telsy
Edited: 30/03/2010 at 15:07
20/07/2010 at 18:17

got a gsf650 bandit and it  is fab 9000 from new. just ordered a new gsf1250n bandit for the 1st sept will notice the difference in power. it is now oct 22 picked up my brand new 1250 bandit [ face off version ]got 900 miles on it and it a fantastic machine but i req a hugger and a tail Tide any ideas . [ help please ]

Edited: 21/10/2010 at 20:12
06/08/2010 at 08:46
I have just chipped my gsf650n K5 in for gsf1250sa K7 with GT kit (panniers and lower fairing) so I can have jollys over to the continent. Took the 1250 for a spin and decided there was no point in spending out an expensive tourer for the job. I think it's the best all-rounder out there. Plenty of power, loads of tourque and you can take the panniers off and have lots of weekend fun. Handles really well for such a heavy bike.
23/08/2010 at 15:30
We have 19 owner reviews of the GSF1250 Bandit. Just click that link to read them and add your review for others to read, thanks!
07/04/2013 at 22:06

Amazing value for money folks

Just take care of the finish and it will stay tidy... Mine is still looking peachy, but black paint does take some pampering if it's to stay looking good!

Had mine for 3 yrs  from new , done 16k miles and now approaching 3rd set of tyres and 2nd set of pads ... so its a heavy bike - till you get moving.

Wanders much less in the wind than my old fazer 600 and i just ride the torque with less revving .... nice turbine-like shove from the in-line 4 is great.

Better than the old 1200 air cooled 5-speed bike. Now its 1250, 6-speed, liquid cooled and fuel-injected with ABS

High gear overtakes catch other people out when you groan past them at 2000 rpm in 6th with just a little throttle nudge.

Also, watch out for neglect-causing bits to rust on the cheaper metal parts (pannier rack, licence holder, brake-hose retaining clips etc etc)

Dispite "better" bikes being on offer  i struggle to accept the price-difference.

Test rode  1200 GT BMW and a few others but i don't need all the toys when most of my riding is weekend blasts of 2 to 400 mile days in reasonable weather!

My bandit cost me £6995 with full luggage (Givi) on 2% finance (£170 per month for 3 years.

Now its mine and paid for - why should i get into debt for something else?

Extras

Fitted a hugger and fender extender.(saves excess crud)

MRA vario screen (a justifiable improvement)

Heated grips and Mirror extenders (great idea)

HID headlights (fantastic)

12v accessory socket (rubberised marine type located in front left fairing)

Tank cover and hinged touring bag

Radiator guard and satnav RAM mount (Suzuki bottled out - so my model didn't include this)

Buy yourself  a new GSF 1250 FA(ST) as its no longer called "bandit" and you won't be disappointed !

Buy 2 bikes like this for the price of owning just one 1200 trophy, an 1200RT or some other "posh" tourer....Simples 

23/04/2013 at 21:01

Does anyone knows about Suzuki Hayabusa. i am going buying it on next week

pls give me the review

http://www.plantgroupperennials.com
Edited: 23/04/2013 at 21:02
Your say
email image
20 messages