Blinding Assen GP

41 to 55 of 55 messages
02/07/2007 at 06:49
Not if you have the next 6 weekends running on 2nd when Rossi wins..
02/07/2007 at 10:32
By 4 stroke in meant 4 cylinder - I was pissed when I wrote my reply above. So, it'd be interesting to see a Ducati 4 cylinder street bike...but we will not.
02/07/2007 at 11:19
Will be interesting to see how the Honda's affect things in the coming weeks...

I thought both Hayden and Rossi were awesome, coming from as far back as they did on the grid, nuff respect. Anothe rgood ride from Hopper too.

Stoner, looked cool as early on, however, I am not sure his excuse of a big fairing cuts the mustard though. I aint not MotoGP rider, so what does my opinion matter
02/07/2007 at 11:40
kirklet wrote
He did have a little post-race whine about the large Ducati fairings being affected by the wind and how it was pushing him off line round the back of the circuit. I've yet to see a single racer who doesn't blame his not winning a race solely on his performance, well except maybe Nicky Hayden who is about as honest a rider as you'll see in my opinion

Stoner seemed to be griping about wheelspin, too, so he's made his fair share of excuses. Not too many excuses needed, though - second was hardly a disaster. OTOH, his lack of pace compared to Rossi should probably be a concern if it means Michelin and Yamaha have finally got their act together. 21 points won't last long if second place becomes a habit.
02/07/2007 at 12:23
weeksy wrote
Not if you have the next 6 weekends running on 2nd when Rossi wins..

Who do you think is going to win the title then?

I do wander if the duck had to be backed off a few bhp due to fuel The commentators mentioned it. Half way round the slow down lap is cutting it quite fine However endurance racers do that all the time. Phase One run down to a half litre

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/StreetBaker/VD_Sig_2008_2.jpg

02/07/2007 at 12:38
bakerstreet wrote

I do wander if the duck had to be backed off a few bhp due to fuel The commentators mentioned it.

Same sized tank for all though, The Ducati was still hitting the fastest top speed throughout the race & caseys lap times improved towards the end. If Ducati are cutting it fine with fuel, then they only have themselves to blame. All of the teams have to limit performance to reach the flag, it's just some can calculate it slightly better
tp
02/07/2007 at 13:01
westers wrote
By 4 stroke in meant 4 cylinder - I was pissed when I wrote my reply above. So, it'd be interesting to see a Ducati 4 cylinder street bike...but we will not.

You mean apart from the Desmosedici RR V4 roadbike then?

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian 'Nostradamus' Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989

HELP!!! Looking for a garage share or garage in Clapham Help!!!
02/07/2007 at 13:13
That doesn't count. It will be too er....... fast!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/ducatipete/DucatiPeteBannerclean.jpg   Click 2 go large! I made Ceiling cat go blind. MR TOURETTE-MASTER SIGN WRITER!
tp
02/07/2007 at 13:49
Ducati Pete wrote
That doesn't count. It will be too er....... fast!

Hahaha! Too true, I fear. I think the Flamini brothers chips will have been pissed on if Ducati built 1000 of 'em. I wouldn't mind speculating that there was a certain threat about exactly that happening if the capacity rules weren't changed to 1200cc ....

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

02/07/2007 at 16:41
LOL - yep, exactly my point.

Tell me where in this quote, from Stoner, where he's making excuses for his performance?

"We got an awesome start, went out to the front and felt quite comfortable doing similar times to what we were doing in practice, though not quite as fast because the wind was worse today," confirmed Casey. "I was getting pushed around in a few of the fast turns and had a couple of front-end loses, so I wasn't willing to push the bike in the braking points. I saw Valentino catching up, I saw him battling on the TV screens around the track. He was chasing me down pretty hard, he had a faster pace. I tried to up my own pace but once he came past I was at my maximum.

"I felt great the entire race and I can't complain about the result because we only lost five points in the championship and we've only been off the podium twice this year. I'm really happy with the result, so my thanks to the team, after a bit of a spill [during warm-up] I think it's been a good recovery,"

Hardly whining - he said that Rossi had a faster pace and that he couldn't match it as he was at his maximum. For fecks sake, give the guy a break and admit that he's matured like hell this year and could potentially beat Rossi to the championship.
02/07/2007 at 16:45
tp wrote
Hahaha! Too true, I fear. I think the Flamini brothers chips will have been pissed on if Ducati built 1000 of 'em. I wouldn't mind speculating that there was a certain threat about exactly that happening if the capacity rules weren't changed to 1200cc ....

Im suprised they didnt tbh, im fairly sure they'd sell a thousand worldwide. Unless the price they are selling them for isn't actually making any profit at all ?
Just to add that I think all this Rossi/Stoner track is turning out to be a load of bollocks. They are both nicking points off each other at tracks where they should be doing well, the last four races have proved that if nothing else.
tp
02/07/2007 at 18:45
kirklet wrote
Im suprised they didnt tbh, im fairly sure they'd sell a thousand worldwide. Unless the price they are selling them for isn't actually making any profit at all ?
Just to add that I think all this Rossi/Stoner track is turning out to be a load of bollocks. They are both nicking points off each other at tracks where they should be doing well, the last four races have proved that if nothing else.

I'd like to think it's because Ducati listened to their existing customers. They've polled them and asked questions like , what engine layout do you consider to be representative of Ducati, Would you consider the superbike range moving to wet clutches to devalue the Ducati experience. etc etc. Now obviously it wasn't those exact words, the survey I completed was a year or two ago. But they've done this before when they made a prototype of the Paul Smart replica which the Ducatisti loved so they put a survey on their website and said if enough of you want it, we'll build it. Enough people wanted it, so they built it!

Ducatisti consider the 90 degree L-twin engine configuration to be iconic Ducati, along with the dry clutch. You can see the smaller capacity models in the monster and Multi range having wet clutches but the big ones are still dry clutch. They didn't want to alienate the Ducatisti by taking the superbike range and making it's premier model a V4.

The Desmosedici RR is a different case because it's a limited edition model, and at £40k you're not going to be tripping over them at box hill. So they can afford to replicate their GP technology in a bike that only the rich Ducatisti can afford. Well them and some race teams I'm sure.

Is the Desmosedici RR eligible for Bemsee Powerbikes?

02/07/2007 at 18:55
What about roadstocks with emra?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/ducatipete/DucatiPeteBannerclean.jpg   Click 2 go large! I made Ceiling cat go blind. MR TOURETTE-MASTER SIGN WRITER!
02/07/2007 at 20:56
I was there... watching from opposite the chicane just where Rossi made the overtaking manouver. First time at a european GP and the atmosphere was awesome (even if alot of the people are very odd!)

wish I was a weeble

Recommended:Seat mods and re-covering - Paul Bishop (01962 777800)

www.motormission.co.uk
03/07/2007 at 01:20
Skub wrote
Korky will be pleased.

Still a deficit of 21 points which won't be easy for Rossi to get back,tyres are such a big factor now.

The race was a good one.

Thank You Skub. I was ecstatic or over the moon or both. I only saw the race Monday evening and was overjoyed. From 11th to 1st is the measure of The Messiah. He was like a cat playing with Stoner, he knew when to go - hence the 2.0 second gap at the end. I was also equally delighted for Hayden and Hopkins as well as the other wonderful Yamaha personality, Edwards.

A great race that made up for the dull procession in the 125 and 250 classes.

Now all I've got to do is get a slo-mo video of The Messiah and dub onto it 'Un Bel Di Vedremo'. Now that will shed the tears.

Rossi. Campione del Mondo - Per Me Sempre

Visordown - Two Bald Men Fighting Over A Comb
Your say
email image
41 to 55 of 55 messages