VD the Magazine needs a Comic

6 messages
17/08/2009 at 12:32

Finally found a copy (in a motorway service station!) and have been flicking through it for a day or two.

One thing the magazine needs (imo) is a good comic.  Something to make people pick it up in the shop for a quick browse, then buy it cos they've spotted an article.  

This is how most people got into BiKE magazine - pick it up to read the Ogri, buy it to read the article they spotted.

Which biking cartoons can you think of that  VD should try to get involved?

If I knew how to  make a poll it would go something like this : 

Joe Bar : Plenty of copy, but would need (re)-translation

Fred Gassit : Australian, and often slightly odd - but very funny.

Ogri:  already snaffled - but could Paul Sample be tempted away from EMAP?

Planet Ovlov - an MCN strip - but could be re-created?

Any other suggestions? Anyone know a good cartoonist?  I'm sure there's plenty of funny stories (both long and short) in the lives of VDers that could be converted into strips.

(I'm afraid I didn't like TWO's "Charlie Bikeman" series very much - the storyline was pants and personally I don't like Mockett's artwork very much, sorry Mockett!  - was it Mockett who did that one?? )

Great Prophet of Veedism.
non quod sed quomodo
"BBQ fluid is a sweaty one night stand compared to the long term relationship of a properly burning wood fire."
Cool in a fuddy-duddy old fart kinda way - Wingnut
Edited: 17/08/2009 at 12:35
17/08/2009 at 12:45
i think we would all like to see fjsrider the comic.
17/08/2009 at 12:49

I find James Whitham in Visordown funny....

or  

what about grabbing nude motorcycle girl from viz

Whether its right, wrong, or spelt badly with incorrect grammar - its just an opinion and its mine!
Edited: 17/08/2009 at 12:50
24/08/2009 at 12:53
John Mockett still does stuff for us and the other comic strips you mentioned are all tied in with other mags - as far as I know. I'll look into it.
25/08/2009 at 18:00
Bring back tina tailpipe ex of superbike in the 80s lol
25/08/2009 at 18:16
They already have the ultimate comic…  the joker who redesigned this site!
Edited: 25/08/2009 at 18:17
Your say
email image
6 messages