Update on my bike

4 messages
30/09/2006 at 02:00
ok remember i told about the dumbass who hit me at acton, (The fucker!!!).

Anyway, i just got in touch with the insurance company to find the damage to the bike. They said the steering column where the lights are is bent and the swing arm is bent, so they declared it a Cat B right off.
Is this true or can it be fixed and put back on the road. Your advice please.

Should i take it back and fix it?


Just let them scrap it.

and am i allowed to sell the good parts if it can't be fixed?

The bike is a cagiva mito Mk1 by the way.

I can't think of anything to put here.

30/09/2006 at 08:16
Cat B's cannot go back on the road. I think what should happen is the log book goes back to the DVLA and the frame number is ground off the frame or sometimes even the headstock is cut off. Often this doesn't happen though. All you can do with it is make it into a trackbike or break it for spares. I also think that the insurance company should only sell it on to a registered dealer but again that often appears to not happen.
30/09/2006 at 09:10
What the Ducati-resembling man said.

It can't be put back on the road, but you can break it for undamaged spares and sell those if you were so enclined.

Replacing the frame is too much work for a track bike IMO.

Take the insurance payout, buy the bike back for a few quid and sell all that's good on ebay.

Buy bike with all the new moolah

An Spidéal, Galway Bay, Co. Galway, Republic of Ireland - October 2006

"Taxi driver Alex McIlveen, 45, kicked Khaled Ahmed, who was in flames, so hard in the groin that he tore a tendon in his foot."

-The Daily Record; 25th July 2007

01/10/2006 at 01:45
i don't have to buy the bike they said they would give it back to me.

just wanted to know if it was worth taking back.

thanks i'll sell it for parts and scrap the frame.

I can't think of anything to put here.

Your say
email image
4 messages
Forum Jump