So, how long does alcohol take to REALLY leave your system?

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, how long does alcohol take to REALLY leave your system?

I haven't had a booze drink for a month now :halo: and wondered how long alcohol takes to completely leave your system, including the organs it affects - liver and others?

Cheers, or not as the case may be.

1 unit per hour

suzuki-boy wrote

I haven't had a booze drink for a month now :halo: and wondered how long alcohol takes to completely leave your system, including the organs it affects - liver and others?Cheers, or not as the case may be.

me too...just putting my halo back on..

Chunks wrote

1 unit per hour

About 16 years then, SB.

I've wondered that - after hard dinking for 18 years I've managed to give up for 2 months, and want to know when it's safe to get back on the booze

I wish I was a serious and regular pisshead sometimes. I had a hangover this am after 3 pints of session bitter in 2 hours last night, I would have been barely over the driving limitDidn't even get to earn my headache

Traces of alcohol can still be found in the body for up to 6 months or more.

Taipan wrote

Traces of alcohol can still be found in the body for up to 6 months or more.

I thought traces of alcohol could occur naturally, which is why the zero drink drive limit people bleat on about is crap.

Chunks wrote

1 unit per hour

...for a man!1 unit per hour and a half for women!20 minutes after your first drink, for your metabilism to start!

In the case of one woman I came across last week.....a very long time. She was still blowing over twice the limit at half three the next afternoon

Mate of mine crashed his car, pinning a jogger to some railings late the morning after a session. Was well over the limit, but was let off by the WPC after being breathalised in the back of a transit....

I find it easier to never let it completely leave :smoke:

suzuki-boy wrote

I haven't had a booze drink for a month now :halo: and wondered how long alcohol takes to completely leave your system, including the organs it affects - liver and others?Cheers, or not as the case may be.

Heh Amigo! Why for you do like dis?Dude, it's not the alcofuel that'll kill you, it's the rust now get 'em in you tight fuck.I'll have a can of Super please

Mussels wrote

I thought traces of alcohol could occur naturally, which is why the zero drink drive limit people bleat on about is crap.

Dunno, but my mate said on his rehab alki course thing, they could check your progress and tell if you'd consumed any alkihol for up to 6 months afterwards. I suppose they could be scaremongering though?But I'm sure I heard a similar thing with getting your license back earlier after a DD charge?

Tomcat wrote

It's something like 1 unit per hour isn't it? Though your blood does contain a small background level of alcohol naturally.Maybe the question is, if the liver has an impaired function through excess drinking how long does that take to recover?TBH unless you're a serious and regular pisshead I reckon it's psychological more than anything.

Liver function all fine and dandy. But as someone who's used booze on a regular basis thought it would be a good idea to just give the liver/body a complete break, while doing other things like exercising more, drinking more water and taking that supplement that's supposed to be ace for your liver, Milk Thistle.It's surprising how quickly you get used to going into the pub and having something else instead.

Mine never leaves :burnout:

My Father-in-law reckons, "you should always have alkihol in your system as it kills of all kinds of bugs and God knows what". He's rarely, if ever, ill, so he may have a point!

suzuki-boy wrote

Liver function all fine and dandy. But as someone who's used booze on a regular basis thought it would be a good idea to just give the liver/body a complete break, while doing other things like exercising more, drinking more water and taking that supplement that's supposed to be ace for your liver, Milk Thistle.It's surprising how quickly you get used to going into the pub and having something else instead.

I haven't had a drink for six days now, which is something of a record for me. Do you really get used to going to the pub and drinking something else? Don't you get bored as everybody else gets pissed?

Dodgy Geezer wrote

I wish I was a serious and regular pisshead sometimes. I had a hangover this am after 3 pints of session bitter in 2 hours last night, I would have been barely over the driving limitDidn't even get to earn my headache

Must have been the beer we were on. I only had two and earned myself a nasty headache this morning.Lame, innit?

KR1Slapper wrote

I haven't had a drink for six days now, which is something of a record for me. Do you really get used to going to the pub and drinking something else? Don't you get bored as everybody else gets pissed?

Yes, you do get used to it. Although you drink more slowly as quantity is no longer an issue. And yes you do get bored of people getting pissed and talking bollocks, so you say 'you're pissed and talking bollocks' shortly before saying 'goodbye'.

KR1Slapper wrote

I haven't had a drink for six days now, which is something of a record for me.

Fuckin weirdo.

Taipan wrote

My Father-in-law reckons, "you should always have alkihol in your system as it kills of all kinds of bugs and God knows what". He's rarely, if ever, ill, so he may have a point!

But also an alcholic

KR1Slapper wrote

scotch bird sobers up type shocker.

suzuki-boy wrote

Yes, you do get used to it. Although you drink more slowly as quantity is no longer an issue. And yes you do get bored of people getting pissed and talking bollocks, so you say 'you're pissed and talking bollocks' shortly before saying 'goodbye'.

So early nights are also part of this regeme?

Katana wrote

So early nights are also part of this regeme?

No, but nights spent in the pub talking crap aren't.

suzuki-boy wrote

No, but nights spent in the pub talking crap aren't.

So thats why your on here more of recently, getting your crap quota.

Katana wrote

So thats why your on here more of recently, getting your crap quota.

15 minutes here is like an eternity in the pub, you even get a sort of hangover from staring at the screen, cool.

Katana wrote

scotch bird sobers up type shocker.

I've been running every morning and I haven't had a fag since last friday either. If you find the real me in a giant smily pea-pod somewhere, you'll know why

KR1Slapper wrote

I've been running every morning and I haven't had a fag since last friday either. If you find the real me in a giant smily pea-pod somewhere, you'll know why

I want my friend back.

KR1Slapper wrote

wtf is wrong with you then or is this just a blip and normal service will be resumed soon.

Agent Wayward wrote

I want my friend back.

I meant a slimy pea pod. But smily is better. I'm sure normal service will be resumed by champagne time on saturday

KR1Slapper wrote

I meant a slimy pea pod. But smily is better. I'm sure normal service will be resumed by champagne time on saturday

Smiley is always better than slimey. Well, except in certain places and circumstances. Hurrah to champagne!

Tomcat wrote

A bit of googling reveals there is a substance called GGT which is elevated in drinkers and may take a few months to reduce naturally. The levels of GGT can be checked by blood tests. This is probably what there were talking about. It can be elevated for other reasons too though .

Gordons Gin & Tonic. I drink Bombay Sapphire myself mind.

Follow Visordown

Latest Bike News

Crash Media Group
Visordown is part of the CMG Full Throttle Network© : welcoming over 3 million consumers each month