Sat Nav

1 to 20 of 111 messages
09/11/2007 at 18:50
Lorry Drivers! Apart from being Sweaty Fat Hitch-Hiker Murdering Paedophile Bastards, why do you have to be thick and lazy as well? "Ooo, I'll just follow the directions from the sat-nav instead of looking at a map, and take my 38 tonner through b-roads and tiny little villages where I might get stuck, but first I'll do a ridiculous 5 mile overtake on a dual carriageway with my overloaded wagon and fucking well piss off everyone else on the road because I want to wind my window down and discuss my latest kill with the fellow cunt that I'm pretending to overtake."

Bastards. I can't wait for the day (and it's coming) when you fuckers are banished to lane 1 only, overtakes in emergencies only.

You agree to irrevocably and unconditionally waive on your behalf in perpetuity in respect of such Content the benefit of any provision of law known as moral rights of authors or any similar law in any country. Gits. Good job I'll never post anything decent here again.
09/11/2007 at 18:53
I have a proforma for when I deal with lorry drivers contravening a certain weight restriction.

"I only came down here cos my sat nav told me to"

"Well ask your sat nav if it'll pay your ticket too"

It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't 34 individual signs warning that there is a weight restriction in place.
09/11/2007 at 18:54
McSatan wrote

Bastards. I can't wait for the day (and it's coming) when you fuckers are banished to lane 1 only, overtakes in emergencies only.

Crap rant!!

But when/if it happens that they are banished to lane one never expect to be able to join a dual carriageway or motorway again, because lane one will be nose to tail with lorries and do you think they are going to give way to whinging fucking car drivers!!

Material in this post, including text and images, is protected by copyright. It may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Prior written consent of the copyright holder must be obtained for any other use of material. Copyright in all materials and/or works comprising or contained within this post remains with the author and other copyright owner(s) as specified. No part of this post may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose.

09/11/2007 at 18:56
Foxy wrote

"I only came down here cos my sat nav told me to"

How narrow and impassable does it have to look before the reatrd manages to figure out that taking a fucking great wagon down it may not be a good idea?

Mined ewe, some twat drove off a jetty because their sat nav said so...

Yawn! It's wearing a little thin now, don't you think?

Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think.

Launchcast Cradley_Kawasaki

onli mrns Us txt spk
09/11/2007 at 19:00
moth wrote
How narrow and impassable does it have to look before the reatrd manages to figure out that taking a fucking great wagon down it may not be a good idea?

Mined ewe, some twat drove off a jetty because their sat nav said so...

Considerably narrower than this evidently:

Which was wedged solid for 24 hours.
09/11/2007 at 19:06
think its rather funny that all these incidents of people getting stuck in lorries happen despite it being on the news a thousand times! are lorry drivers really so stupid that they will trust a sat nav over pure common sence?

i wonder if any have suffered thefts from their trailers while they are disabled?!

09/11/2007 at 19:17
McSatan wrote
Lorry Drivers! Apart from being Sweaty Fat Hitch-Hiker Murdering Paedophile Bastards, why do you have to be thick and lazy as well? .

El Gordo will be wanting to [s]kill[/s] speak with you.
09/11/2007 at 19:17
pistonbroke wrote
Crap rant!!

But when/if it happens that they are banished to lane one never expect to be able to join a dual carriageway or motorway again, because lane one will be nose to tail with lorries and do you think they are going to give way to whinging fucking car drivers!!

agreed
McSatan wrote
Lorry Drivers! Apart from being Sweaty Fat Hitch-Hiker Murdering Bastards

you called....................
some truck drivers are bikers too.
I don`t supose you`ve ever tried to drive a 44T truck have you, to get the prospective from the other side?
Foxy wrote
Considerably narrower than this evidently:

obviously you`ll notice that the truck has forign plates.
Though sometimes it is nessesary to take a truck down a narrow lane, a little common sense is required, even if the driver don`t like the idea of going down the lane, especially if some farmer has diversified (using his EU grant) and set up a business from his farm, and they expect a delivery.
i`ve had little old ladies twiching curtains wishing i wouldn`t scrape the paint off their porches, as i`d got to get though the S bend on the single track road to giles palmers farmyard.
09/11/2007 at 19:20
pistonbroke wrote
Crap rant!!

It's like that at the moment! But it would remove the "AAAAAAAAAGGGH!" Do I slam on the anchors or hit the fast pedal as hard as I can as a lorry driving cunt just pulls out because he's so overloaded rather than lose 2mph going up a hill. Fuckers. No excuses.

You agree to irrevocably and unconditionally waive on your behalf in perpetuity in respect of such Content the benefit of any provision of law known as moral rights of authors or any similar law in any country. Gits. Good job I'll never post anything decent here again.
09/11/2007 at 19:22
Peirre O`Bollox wrote
agreed

you called....................
some truck drivers are bikers too.
I don`t supose you`ve ever tried to drive a 44T truck have you, to get the prospective from the other side?

Yes, often.
There are lorry drivers AND motorcyclists that are thick cunts.

obviously you`ll notice that the truck has forign plates.

Cos nobody on brit plates follows sat navs blindly do they?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Abelrider/Newsig.gif

09/11/2007 at 19:29
I use (some very narrow and winding), B roads a lot. I've lost count of the amount of idiots driving trucks and coaches who are creeping along or got stuck in the B roads.
I'm not anti-truck or coach driver by any means, but the sort who try to take fuckin' great vehicles through these roads, are total dick-heads.
It was in the news just a little while back, that a coach driver ended up in the middle of a field. Just because his Sat-Nav told him to.
09/11/2007 at 19:30
Abel wrote
Yes, often.
There are lorry drivers AND motorcyclists that are thick cunts.

same as anyone in this world, some are a bit brighter than others, and some people are down right THICK

Abel wrote
Cos nobody on brit plates follows sat navs blindly do they?

you should always x-check the route using a map to make sure its taking you via the most suitable route, especially as theres more hazards to take into account when driving a truck
09/11/2007 at 19:36
Peirre O`Bollox wrote
same as anyone in this world, some are a bit brighter than others, and some people are down right THICK

Quite.
So why does anyone need to drive a 44T truck (only drive the tiddlers then do ya?) to have some perspective on the FACT there are thickos that try and do things they shouldn't in all walks of life?

you should always x-check the route using a map to make sure its taking you via the most suitable route, especially as theres more hazards to take into account when driving a truck

Which was the point others were making.
What was the one you were failing to make again?

Oh yes, that some truckers ride bikes and dont use sat nav, and only foreign drivers make mistakes.

09/11/2007 at 19:37
-mItoman- wrote
think its rather funny that all these incidents of people getting stuck in lorries happen despite it being on the news a thousand times! are lorry drivers really so stupid that they will trust a sat nav over pure common sence?

i wonder if any have suffered thefts from their trailers while they are disabled?!

I use a sat nav when driving my wagon and if you apply common sense and read the road signs they are brilliant in town to find your destination.

The only time it got me into shite was in Carlisle it told me to turn into a road and showed the destination half a mile away I wasn't convinced, it looked like it was putting me into a housing estate. While I'm debating what to do an artic followed by a double decker bus came out of the road. So I turned in after quarter of a mile I went over a hump backed bridge to be confronted by a 10ft high bridge. Not an advanced sign anywhere. The bus had obviously been in the estate and the tractor unit just fitted underneath it.

Did I swear but if I'd have been using maps I would have done the same thing.
09/11/2007 at 19:40
K100RS wrote
I'd have been using maps I would have done the same thing.

Not if you used one that marks low bridges.
But then plenty of sat navs do that too and you weren't using one of them.

09/11/2007 at 19:43
Copperhead wrote
I use (some very narrow and winding), B roads a lot. I've lost count of the amount of idiots driving trucks and coaches who are creeping along or got stuck in the B roads.
I'm not anti-truck or coach driver by any means, but the sort who try to take fuckin' great vehicles through these roads, are total dick-heads.
It was in the news just a little while back, that a coach driver ended up in the middle of a field. Just because his Sat-Nav told him to.

Of course that never happened before sat navs did it?

Material in this post, including text and images, is protected by copyright. It may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Prior written consent of the copyright holder must be obtained for any other use of material. Copyright in all materials and/or works comprising or contained within this post remains with the author and other copyright owner(s) as specified. No part of this post may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose.

09/11/2007 at 19:57
McSatan wrote
but first I'll do a ridiculous 5 mile overtake on a dual carriageway

What about all the frigging car drivers who come to a hill and stay in top until they almost stall, before eventually deciding to change gear and steam away leaving the lorry/van/any heavy vehicle behind them to crawl up the hill having lost all momentum?

That's the tossers you should be moaning about.
09/11/2007 at 20:11
It's tough enough for truckies at the moment so can we ease off please. I make my living in this industry and am in truck yards every day. Most of you folk get to sleep in yer own bed at night.

Deer Stalker
cos i like them
09/11/2007 at 20:13
Deer Stalker wrote
It's tough enough for truckies at the moment so can we ease off please. I make my living in this industry and am in truck yards every day. Most of you folk get to sleep in yer own bed at night.

Aw.
Bless.

09/11/2007 at 20:42
Deer Stalker wrote

Diddums. And here's another fucking nuisance. The signs for Bayeux when you get off the ferry in Caen/Oustrieham. If you follow them you end up in a fucking housing estate. Now I've been going there long enough to know the right way, which isn't the way the signs head you. Grr. I'm just in a bad mood. And you trucking cunts getting arseholed on the ferry, well just.

1 to 20 of 111 messages