Real numbers for 0845 numbers

10 messages
08/11/2005 at 11:38
The phones here at work will not allow a 0845 number to be called but will allow standard numbers (i.e. a national rate not local rate phone number) to be called. I remember seeing a website that allows you to type in the 0845 number and it would tell you what the alternative (none local rate) number is.

Does anyone know this website or perhaps another way of finding out. I've tried googling this but all I get is sites that offer 0845 numbers.

Thanks.

Mr. Tibbs hits the nail on the head when it comes to what happens if you help the environment.

Mr Tibbs wrote
You'll be a fucking hero and some sort of tree-hugging yoghurt-weaving organisation is bound to reward you with free sandals and worry-beads for the rest of your low-impact environmentally friendly life.

Every man should have a shed where he can potter, Visordown is my shed on the internet
08/11/2005 at 11:39
saynoto0845.co.uk I think or something like that.
08/11/2005 at 11:41
you're prob thinking of

www.saynoto0870.com/

dunno about 0845's
08/11/2005 at 11:41
www.Saynoto0870.com does both 0870 and 0845

The only people worth trying to form a relationship with, are the ones you are scared will say 'no'.
If you only ever go for people you are sure will say yes, or people where you don't mind either way, you are only living half a life.
Life is like a box of chocolates
VDDC#03FM - Negative Buoyancy Provider

08/11/2005 at 11:47
TQ_uk wrote
you're prob thinking of

www.saynoto0870.com/

dunno about 0845's

Silly Car wrote
www.Saynoto0870.com does both 0870 and 0845

Excellent, that site has 0845 numbers as well

Seems mad that I have to make a national call rather then a local rate but hey ho.

Thanks.

Mr. Tibbs hits the nail on the head when it comes to what happens if you help the environment.

Mr Tibbs wrote
You'll be a fucking hero and some sort of tree-hugging yoghurt-weaving organisation is bound to reward you with free sandals and worry-beads for the rest of your low-impact environmentally friendly life.

Every man should have a shed where he can potter, Visordown is my shed on the internet
08/11/2005 at 12:51
I don't understand what the big deal is? I don't look at 0870 or 0845 numbers and think they're some sort of scam. Do you?
08/11/2005 at 12:53
Admin wrote
I don't understand what the big deal is? I don't look at 0870 or 0845 numbers and think they're some sort of scam. Do you?

Difference for me is I get charged £££ for 0870 and 0845 from my mobile, national calls are covered by my inclusive calls

TBH I only use the house phone for 0800 and broadban, eerything else is mobile ( I have a rolling 1600mins )

The only people worth trying to form a relationship with, are the ones you are scared will say 'no'.
If you only ever go for people you are sure will say yes, or people where you don't mind either way, you are only living half a life.
Life is like a box of chocolates
VDDC#03FM - Negative Buoyancy Provider

08/11/2005 at 12:55
Admin wrote

No, not at all but where I am at the moment has a ban on the any 0845 type numbers. I asked about the 0845 because these are charged at a local rate rather then national which the company had to pay this morning.

They said it was to prevent someone setting up a number that charges £50 a minute and then phoning it from work to make money. Apparently they had an email on this and decided to stop them all. I asked whether they had heard about someone leaving needles on chairs (as released by the CDC in birmingham) and this caused a panic.

Mr Tibbs wrote

08/11/2005 at 12:57
Admin wrote

0870, yes absolutely, why should I pay 12p per minute to place an order? Call DVLA on 0870 XXX XXXX and you're down by 50-70p before you even get through to a human.

0845 is totally different.
08/11/2005 at 12:58
Gotcha, yeah. It just seems odd that someone can be arsed to setup an anti-0870 website..
Your say
email image
10 messages