Race of Champions

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Race of Champions

This is being held in France on Saturday.

There is a mixture of F1 and rally drivers and possibly drivers from other championships.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Well anyway I'm sure there is something similar that different bike racers get involved with.

Does anyone know what it is??

That'll be 'The Race of Champions'..............It's been held for the last few years on one of the Balearic islands.......cant for the life of me remember which one, but this year they've brung it to Paris.Rossi, Edwards , and a few other bike guys usually get to play ....

Anyone know if it's being televised??? Really would love to see it.The rally drivers usually beat the F1 guys!

phil G wrote

That'll be 'The Race of Champions'..............It's been held for the last few years on one of the Balearic islands.......cant for the life of me remember which one, but this year they've brung it to Paris.Rossi, Edwards , and a few other bike guys usually get to play ....

Do you when it is/was??I seem to remember it being in ibiza last year??

Have just had a look on google and it may have been the canary islands actually.Looks like it is the same thing this weekend, but no bikers

3:30pm live on eurosport...

El Gordo wrote

3:30pm live on eurosport...

Yeah, no bikers though

FastEddy wrote

Yeah, no bikers though

That'll probably be because they dont want as many drivers so it fits in the TV slot.... and its all tarmac too.............. i know we used to send cars from here to do it when Tommi Makinen was driving , but we dont any more, but we will be sending a WRC car to the Bettega Memorial Rallysprint at Bologna.....

The BBC are showing it too , but not 'till the 19th :www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2004/11_november/05/schumacher.shtmlI'm sure they said earlier in the year that Rossi was in it ?

yellowisfriedegg wrote

The BBC are showing it too , but not 'till the 19th :www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2004/11_november/05/schumacher.shtmlI'm sure they said earlier in the year that Rossi was in it ?

I had a look at the list of drivers here and there is no mention of any riders at all. I'm sure the likes of Edwards and Checa have competed before

Follow Visordown

Latest Bike News

Crash Media Group
Visordown is part of the CMG Full Throttle Network© : welcoming over 3 million consumers each month