pdf file on wound closure and sutures

1 to 20 of 23 messages
22/07/2006 at 11:33
22/07/2006 at 11:35
Bet you're a bag of laughs at a party

Pointing out brainless, deficient, dense, dim, dumb, foolish, gullible, half-baked, half-witted, idiotic, imbecilic, inane, indiscreet, irrelevant, irresponsible, laughable, loser, ludicrous, mindless, moronic, nonsensical, obtuse, pointless, puerile, senseless, short-sighted, simple-minded, thick, trivial, unintelligent, unthinking, witless VD members who lack conduct, conscience, decency, ethics, honesty, honour, integrity, morals principles and boast double standards - wherever they are

22/07/2006 at 17:10
El Toro wrote
Bet you're a bag of laughs at a party

handy to be behind you should (hope you never) need them after an accident.:smoke:
22/07/2006 at 21:17
Boring. No pix. Here's some. My leg after my Husky SMR backfired...

Since this is a thread about sutures I'll spare you the blood and gore.

Unzipped it all the way up the shin. Not much blood but the sutures kept letting go. They then told me if the skin didn't heal I might lose the leg! I stopped riding the bike for a week...

Screwd.

It's not necessary to tell me I'm right. Ever. We'll assume it. Nick Nolte, The Thin Red Line
22/07/2006 at 21:23
when you say backfired you mean when the kickstart springs back?

No boots on?, I did that on my NSR250 once and it fucking killed although it only left a lump on the shin, not rip it open

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/images/threads/000/091/434/1306506-pool-timing.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/R6_Allan/Chat/LoLuv.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/R6_Allan/Chat/chunkinvincible.gif
22/07/2006 at 21:30
It was late at night and I was the only one left working in an East London bike shop. Hot so I was wearing shorts/trainers. Only started it to test the lights. Yes it backfired.

Ouch.

Screwd.

It's not necessary to tell me I'm right. Ever. We'll assume it. Nick Nolte, The Thin Red Line
22/07/2006 at 22:03
Looks like a paper cut to me.

24/07/2006 at 21:06
WAIF how's your leg these days?

go on show the pics again!!

double dare you

Woohoohoohoo Camouflage,
things are never quite the way they seem.
Woohoohoohoo Camouflage,
This was an awfully strange marine.
24/07/2006 at 21:23
THE WAIF wrote
handy to be behind you should (hope you never) need them after an accident.:smoke:

Will it help this?

Pointing out brainless, deficient, dense, dim, dumb, foolish, gullible, half-baked, half-witted, idiotic, imbecilic, inane, indiscreet, irrelevant, irresponsible, laughable, loser, ludicrous, mindless, moronic, nonsensical, obtuse, pointless, puerile, senseless, short-sighted, simple-minded, thick, trivial, unintelligent, unthinking, witless VD members who lack conduct, conscience, decency, ethics, honesty, honour, integrity, morals principles and boast double standards - wherever they are

28/07/2006 at 17:13
camouflage wrote
WAIF how's your leg these days?

go on show the pics again!!

double dare you

this was back in october last year (work accident)behind left knee
28/07/2006 at 17:25
Screwdriver wrote
It was late at night and I was the only one left working in an East London bike shop. Hot so I was wearing shorts/trainers. Only started it to test the lights. Yes it backfired.

Ouch.

Screwd.

my kick start lever has a swivel foot peg thing which is broken and is now removable. once i kicked it, backfired and the footpeg flew off. right up to my face and int the helmet as my visor was up, belted off the bone on the outside of my eye. do not know how it never cut or bruised but i was in agony and couldnt see. could have lost my eye! noone really see the kick start lever as the whore to danger it really is

its hard to be humble when im so great
28/07/2006 at 17:41
THE WAIF wrote

this was back in october last year (work accident)behind left knee

how the fuck did you do that then?

it's people like you that make people like me need medication!
28/07/2006 at 18:14
Screwdriver wrote
Boring. No pix. Here's some. My leg after my Husky SMR backfired...

Since this is a thread about sutures I'll spare you the blood and gore.

Unzipped it all the way up the shin. Not much blood but the sutures kept letting go. They then told me if the skin didn't heal I might lose the leg! I stopped riding the bike for a week...

Screwd.

I can see the wound having difficulty healing. I can also testify that some injuries can lead to amputation. However, I think there is some great big gap between the skin not healing on your leg and the need for amputation. Unless of course your doctor is practicing at a level equal to that of field surgeons in combat prior to the discovery of antibiotics.

It looks as if your skin, in addtion to getting opened, also got a good hammer blow to the surrounding tissue creating damage to it such that it was a poor candidate for suturing. I wasn't there so my room to criticise is certainly limited. Cleaning, debriding, dressing the wound may have been appropriate initial management with delaying closure until the skin and exposed tissue bed were healthy.

CEOF.A.G.Co., purveyor ofB.U.G.G.E.R.Y. proud sponsor of M.U.F.F.S.

Product endorsements - sidewinder chains and sprockets

If I'm in front, you must really be shit.
28/07/2006 at 18:21
Bwana wrote
Cleaning, debriding, dressing the wound may have been appropriate initial management with delaying closure until the skin and exposed tissue bed were healthy.

It's funny you mention that cos one of my brothers had a lump of concrete scrape down his leg and cut it.
He got it stitched up but then all the surrounding tissue kind of fell off, made a right mess considering there was only three stitches there in the first place.

Sounds like the same thing.

Oh and Waif? I thought the PDF was worth downloading and you never know, it might be of use if I remember some of it, Ta muchly
28/07/2006 at 18:29
THE WAIF wrote

That looks like an upskirt shot from some kind of fetish vid
28/07/2006 at 18:33
fulltilt wrote

thats what i thought

its hard to be humble when im so great
28/07/2006 at 18:45
fulltilt wrote

skanky_shaun wrote
thats what i thought

It certainly looks like a nasty gash.

Sorry...

Screwd.

28/07/2006 at 18:51
Bwana wrote
I can see the wound having difficulty healing. I can also testify that some injuries can lead to amputation. However, I think there is some great big gap between the skin not healing on your leg and the need for amputation. Unless of course your doctor is practicing at a level equal to that of field surgeons in combat prior to the discovery of antibiotics.

It looks as if your skin, in addtion to getting opened, also got a good hammer blow to the surrounding tissue creating damage to it such that it was a poor candidate for suturing. I wasn't there so my room to criticise is certainly limited. Cleaning, debriding, dressing the wound may have been appropriate initial management with delaying closure until the skin and exposed tissue bed were healthy.

Quite right, I think they were simply trying to scare me. Mind you, it was summertime and I was working as a bike instructor next day. Wearing leathers the wound just got soaked and softened to the point everything just tore open. Itchy as buggery and I don't think the leather cocktail helped!

For those unfamiliar witht the Husky SM570R, it has a left hand kickstart so you stand to one side, off the bike and jump on it with your right foot...

This is the bugger:

Screwd.

28/07/2006 at 19:15
Burn the bastard thing.

And the Lord said unto John; Come forth and receive eternal life. But John came fifth and won a toaster instead.
28/07/2006 at 20:03
Nope. Sold the fuck out of it. Miss it terribly but made a fortune out of it.

Screwd.

1 to 20 of 23 messages