Lids

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lids

I want one for pillions and was wondering who made the safest, medium price lids. Preferably one that is a comfortable fit for most head shapes. I got about 150 to spend, this will have to outlast a few girlfriends BTW

If a lid doesn't fit properly (which it won't if you're just buying it for random pillions) then it's not safe. Everyone has different shaped heads, I would guess a lot of people fit Arai based on their popularity, but that's probably out of your price range anyway.

All my girlfriends so far have wanted to ride my bike. And I have been unable to due to lack of a lid. I don't really want to buy each and every one a lid cause they are not exactly long term relationships. Maybe I will just not carry a pillion. Its more fun that way anyway.

powersport are knocking out Shoei XR800s for £110 (ask Zanx!). Brilliant value as they were £255.

that'll fit all women I know of (so far)

Apologies if the plug offends.I have to sell my Arai as it is too small. It is new, visor sticker not removed and never been used.It is going for £150 no offers.You can call me on 077477 65580 or email me on hellsbudha@yahoo.com if interested otherwise good luck with getting a lid.CheersSam

buying lidsHow do you go about choosing a lid...I have a Shoei RX-R that I bought when I was training. It seemed to fit really snuggly - in fact it ripped my ears off when removing it, but now it lifts at speed and also the visor/chin guard gets pressed into my nose.When I go to buy a new lid, how do I ensure that this won't happen - I presume that you cannot test drive a lid???CheersNobby

Don't ask me I have the same problem. They say go as tight as possible. I think it is best to figure out where a helmet is likely to give the most and then try to get a tight a fit as poss on those areas. Unfortunately did not work for me - see post above.Sam

hellsbudha wrote

Apologies if the plug offends.I have to sell my Arai as it is too small. It is new, visor sticker not removed and never been used.It is going for £150 no offers.You can call me on 077477 65580 or email me on [email]hellsbudha@yahoo.com[/email] if interested otherwise good luck with getting a lid.CheersSam

What size is it m8?

small

why don't you buy a lid that fits yer current gf and then only go for ones with the same head shape in future. Could take the lid out with you - could be like cinderella's slippers

Nice idea, hi you look nice and shapely try fitting on this lid. If the lid fits you shall be mine Thing is I could get her a cheap lid but I would like her to be as safe as poss. Even if this means her not riding the bike.+

Follow Visordown

Latest Bike News

Crash Media Group
Visordown is part of the CMG Full Throttle Network© : welcoming over 3 million consumers each month