Lids

12 messages
29/05/2001 at 09:29
I want one for pillions and was wondering who made the safest, medium price lids. Preferably one that is a comfortable fit for most head shapes. I got about 150 to spend, this will have to outlast a few girlfriends BTW

Just bimbling my way through life, whistling a merry tune.
BN123
P
29/05/2001 at 09:35
If a lid doesn't fit properly (which it won't if you're just buying it for random pillions) then it's not safe.

Everyone has different shaped heads, I would guess a lot of people fit Arai based on their popularity, but that's probably out of your price range anyway.
29/05/2001 at 11:49
All my girlfriends so far have wanted to ride my bike. And I have been unable to due to lack of a lid. I don't really want to buy each and every one a lid cause they are not exactly long term relationships. Maybe I will just not carry a pillion. Its more fun that way anyway.

BN123
P
29/05/2001 at 12:11
powersport are knocking out Shoei XR800s for £110 (ask Zanx!). Brilliant value as they were £255.

'Not so much life in the fast lane
... as life in the oncoming traffic'

RBZ
29/05/2001 at 12:21
that'll fit all women I know of (so far)

RBZ

29/05/2001 at 12:21

Apologies if the plug offends.

I have to sell my Arai as it is too small. It is new, visor sticker not removed and never been used.

It is going for £150 no offers.

You can call me on 077477 65580 or email me on hellsbudha@yahoo.com if interested otherwise good luck with getting a lid.

Cheers

Sam
29/05/2001 at 13:27
buying lids

How do you go about choosing a lid...

I have a Shoei RX-R that I bought when I was training. It seemed to fit really snuggly - in fact it ripped my ears off when removing it, but now it lifts at speed and also the visor/chin guard gets pressed into my nose.

When I go to buy a new lid, how do I ensure that this won't happen - I presume that you cannot test drive a lid???

Cheers

Nobby

Personal Endorsements

DC Butler Spannering/MOT/Spares, Hertfordshire
29/05/2001 at 15:32
Don't ask me I have the same problem. They say go as tight as possible. I think it is best to figure out where a helmet is likely to give the most and then try to get a tight a fit as poss on those areas. Unfortunately did not work for me - see post above.

Sam
29/05/2001 at 15:34
hellsbudha wrote

Apologies if the plug offends.

I have to sell my Arai as it is too small. It is new, visor sticker not removed and never been used.

It is going for £150 no offers.

You can call me on 077477 65580 or email me on [email]hellsbudha@yahoo.com[/email] if interested otherwise good luck with getting a lid.

Cheers

Sam

What size is it m8?

Blood type A rhesus monkey
TIT #10C
TWO#A/600
Slow 'n soft shandy drinking poof #1

Woman I know you understand
The little child inside of the man
So keep a civil tongue in my arse!

29/05/2001 at 15:54
small
29/05/2001 at 16:03
why don't you buy a lid that fits yer current gf and then only go for ones with the same head shape in future. Could take the lid out with you - could be like cinderella's slippers

Badboy

------------------------
There's only one thing worse than getting around a corner and realising you could have taken it faster...
------------------------

Personal Endorsements

JHS Racing, MC Technics
29/05/2001 at 16:40
Nice idea, hi you look nice and shapely try fitting on this lid. If the lid fits you shall be mine Thing is I could get her a cheap lid but I would like her to be as safe as poss. Even if this means her not riding the bike.+

BN123
P
Your say
email image
12 messages