I hate to ask but, well, here goes: Anyone know a bit about SPC please?

8 messages
21/09/2007 at 21:32
That's SPC for:

Statistical Process Control

Miss DM's company are going down this route and whilst she has a basic grasp, more info is most definitely needed.

Any experts? Recommend a good book to start her off? I wouldn't understand a word of it, she's the quality expert.

Why, oh why, did I not buy a bike with a fairing?

TWO# A/550/car ----- Patience ----- Zephyr Zone ----- BikePics ----- I boil Docca's piss ----- Facebook
21/09/2007 at 21:36
Ask a statistician.
Definition of said person :- one who manipulates the numbers to give you the answer you want.

tuboy

Treat every situation like a dog. If you can't screw it and you can't eat it, piss on it and walk away.
21/09/2007 at 21:56
DebtMan wrote
That's SPC for:

Statistical Process Control

Miss DM's company are going down this route and whilst she has a basic grasp, more info is most definitely needed.

Any experts? Recommend a good book to start her off? I wouldn't understand a word of it, she's the quality expert.
There's a book by John S. Oakland called, imaginatively enough, Statistical Process Control. Ed. Butterwirth & Heinemann. There's a lot there but it's more about tools and techniques. Can be a bit detailed

Otherwise six sigma has latched on to it and a part of it relies on SPC so six-sigma literature, which is quite abundant, can be a good think to look into.
21/09/2007 at 22:15
Splat wrote
There's a book by John S. Oakland called, imaginatively enough, Statistical Process Control. Ed. Butterwirth & Heinemann. There's a lot there but it's more about tools and techniques. Can be a bit detailed

Otherwise six sigma has latched on to it and a part of it relies on SPC so six-sigma literature, which is quite abundant, can be a good think to look into.

Good recommendation. Cheers. Seems - according to Amazon - he's done a bunch of such books.

Why, oh why, did I not buy a bike with a fairing?

TWO# A/550/car ----- Patience ----- Zephyr Zone ----- BikePics ----- I boil Docca's piss ----- Facebook
21/09/2007 at 22:20
...... Must be my age, but I thought this thread was about the tail-finned red car from Captain Scarlet.............

21/09/2007 at 22:22
I thought it was about a hants-based ex BMW dealers.

But then I've got a one track mind
21/09/2007 at 23:25
Sorry. Thought this was about the Scottish Parachute Club.

I'll be off then.
21/09/2007 at 23:27
State Pension Credit? Yes, I do...oh....not that then?

I see good people

The ORIGINAL Southern Death Racer
Great Boobie of the Shafted Path
TIT#205/C
RADIO-TROG
Your say
email image
8 messages