how long does a police caution last?

1 to 20 of 36 messages
24/12/2006 at 09:30
had a caution from the polce this year for common assault, just wondering how long it last before it taken off my record.

Dance as though no one is watching, work as though you do not need the money and love as if you have never been hurt!
24/12/2006 at 09:35
I'd guess a tad less longer than an Uncommon assault caution.... HTH.

When I want your opinion... I'll give it to you...
TV Themes
I know feck all about High Sides... :smoke:
GSXR1100.. Anything smaller wouldn't carry the weight....
jif
24/12/2006 at 09:39
muffy wrote
had a caution from the polce this year for common assault, just wondering how long it last before it taken off my record.

never

you'll always be a criminal

happy christmas

VDA#5

Proud & Official owner of 60% of Tazzie's Ass, So if you want some you gotta ask me
24/12/2006 at 09:52
jif wrote
never

happy christmas

yep and now your DNA will be checked after every reported crime!!

you are going down!!!

Material in this post, including text and images, is protected by copyright. It may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Prior written consent of the copyright holder must be obtained for any other use of material. Copyright in all materials and/or works comprising or contained within this post remains with the author and other copyright owner(s) as specified. No part of this post may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose.

24/12/2006 at 10:21
If I was on the Sex Offenders Register I'd keep it to myself and not start threads about it on the internet. Children could be watching.

24/12/2006 at 10:22
jif wrote
never

happy christmas

Pure Eville.

pistonbroke wrote

you are going down!!!

No he won't. He got a caution, so he doesn't have to play "daddies n daddies" with the big bloke called Shirley after lights out.

5 Years from the date of cautioning, then it will drop off, but you will still have a CRO number.

Doing my bit to fight Gingerism.

www.gappa.org.uk/
RVF
24/12/2006 at 11:13
pistonbroke wrote

you are going down!!!

Bubba's waiting for ya
24/12/2006 at 12:49
Is this 'I'm trying to look hard on the Internet'?

24/12/2006 at 12:56
The anomily is ... a caution lasts longer on your record than a conviction. A conviction will be 'spent' after a given number of years. A Caution is n't!

Usually the question is "Have you any criminal convictions" in which case you can honestly answer no after the Rehabilitation of offenders period has expired. However, if ever asked do you have any convictions or cautions then when ever, you must answer 'yes'.

I advised all my Youth customers not to accept a caution when offered - take the conviction, That goes off your record quicker. SOD aint it!
Ian G
24/12/2006 at 13:23
jif wrote
never

happy christmas

True.

I was cautioned after breaking a window back in the early 90s . Had parked up after running out of gas, off road near the drive of this rather nice posh house. On returning the RX was on its side. Anger & frustration being vented by chucking gravel at the porch - assuming wrongly the occupants had some hand in knocking the bike over - breaking a side window. Subsequently picked up while attempting to refuel. Although I later returned and apologised personally, and paid for a replacement window, the caution was mentioned [on file] just two or so years ago when I last had occasion to stand before the desk sergeant. Its on there for life, I think.... and y'know points [for speeding] are effective for 3yrs and removeable after 4 or something, well, the magistrates will have a copy supplied to them from the DVLA showing all and any passed misdemeanors. So for all intents and purposes, your record stays with you for life.
24/12/2006 at 13:31
tenbears wrote
True.

I was cautioned after breaking a window back in the early 90s . Had parked up after running out of gas, off road near the drive of this rather nice posh house. On returning the RX was on its side. Anger & frustration being vented by chucking gravel at the porch - assuming wrongly the occupants had some hand in knocking the bike over - breaking a side window. Subsequently picked up while attempting to refuel. Although I later returned and apologised personally, and paid for a replacement window, the caution was mentioned [on file] just two or so years ago when I last had occasion to stand before the desk sergeant. Its on there for life, I think.... and y'know points [for speeding] are effective for 3yrs and removeable after 4 or something, well, the magistrates will have a copy supplied to them from the DVLA showing all and any passed misdemeanors. So for all intents and purposes, your record stays with you for life.

Aye, I have stuff from the early 70s which is still dredged up.
24/12/2006 at 13:36
I disagree that a caution lasts longer than a conviction. There is a straightforward explanation here. www.lawontheweb.co.uk/rehabact.htm

I don't suppose anyone cares.
24/12/2006 at 13:39
Skub wrote
Aye, I have stuff from the early 70s which is still dredged up.

24/12/2006 at 13:44
Bigjawa wrote

Delete,delete,delete....

24/12/2006 at 15:22
You advise your youth clients to not accept a caution (or as it goes, Reprimand, Final Warning then caution) in lieu of a charge (which, due to them being eligible for a caution and therefore accepting guilt) will be conviction? I was under the impression a youth caution/Reprimand/FW is expunged on turning 18?
jif
24/12/2006 at 15:44
NyseriA wrote
You advise your youth clients to not accept a caution (or as it goes, Reprimand, Final Warning then caution) in lieu of a charge (which, due to them being eligible for a caution and therefore accepting guilt) will be conviction? I was under the impression a youth caution/Reprimand/FW is expunged on turning 18?

me too

VDA#5

Proud & Official owner of 60% of Tazzie's Ass, So if you want some you gotta ask me
24/12/2006 at 15:47
Bigjawa wrote

God bless Roy Orbison

Pointing out brainless, deficient, dense, dim, dumb, foolish, gullible, half-baked, half-witted, idiotic, imbecilic, inane, indiscreet, irrelevant, irresponsible, laughable, loser, ludicrous, mindless, moronic, nonsensical, obtuse, pointless, puerile, senseless, short-sighted, simple-minded, thick, trivial, unintelligent, unthinking, witless VD members who lack conduct, conscience, decency, ethics, honesty, honour, integrity, morals principles and boast double standards - wherever they are

24/12/2006 at 16:13
I get old convictions coming up too - last one nearly 25 years ago now!

I see good people

The ORIGINAL Southern Death Racer
Great Boobie of the Shafted Path
TIT#205/C
RADIO-TROG
24/12/2006 at 16:17
trogladyte wrote
I get old convictions coming up too - last one nearly 25 years ago now!

If you commit new offences, then the old ones wont drop off under rehabilitation of offenders... you need to have a clear run of (X depending on the offence and penalty)years without offending before they become spent.. they dont work the same as endorsements on your licecne which expire regardless of your offending history

Tu cara= mi culo 

http://www.solentsupermotos.co.uk/images/ssbanner.gif

www.thewheelieschool.co.uk/

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:2EcbHuM6KbMK0M:http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery%2520B/Husqvarna%2520SM610%252007.jpg
24/12/2006 at 16:20
NyseriA wrote

5 years...or until they reach 18 whichever is the longest....so a 17 yr old gets to keep his til hes 23 .. a 10 year old gets to keep his til hes 18

Adult cautions technically never expire.. but they get ignored by the courts the same way as if he had an absolute discharge/ commmunity penalty...Only a crap lawyer would advise a guilty client against taking one in lieu of a conviction

Tu cara= mi culo 

http://www.solentsupermotos.co.uk/images/ssbanner.gif

www.thewheelieschool.co.uk/

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:2EcbHuM6KbMK0M:http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery%2520B/Husqvarna%2520SM610%252007.jpg
1 to 20 of 36 messages