Honda CB600f How bad are they??

21 to 24 of 24 messages
30/03/2007 at 00:44
pilot69 wrote
I had one as loaner for the day 3 weeks ago, It was the hardest reving bike I'd ever ridden!
redline at 12----- but went to 15
Fine round town but easy to completely expoit in the first 5 minutes of riding
TBH it's a loaner, what do you expect... an 06 ZX10

Quick update: i took it back upto leeds from brum today. Bloody freezing as well and swapped it for a BMW Gs 1200. On the motorway the honda was fine until i needed to pick up a little speed sure itll do 120 but takes a bloody long time! Got the bmw for the journey home and fair play they are big bikes but the torque is pretty damn good! Felt much more at home on this. (never thought id say that about a bmw motorbike) Bloody weird indicators though??

I never expected a ZX10 but like for like on a Bandit 1200 is not a cbf600! the gs is a weird bike that will hopefully be good fun for a couple of weeks pretending to be ewan!

Matt
30/03/2007 at 00:49
Madmanmavis wrote

the gs is a weird bike that will hopefully be good fun for a couple of weeks pretending to be ewan!

Dial lots of preload into the rear shock....almost maximum and pretend it's a giant supermoto. Go and seek out the narrowest, twistiest and bumpiest roads you can find and attack them. If you're disappointed then you're not riding it hard enough.

Then come home and read the forums....

www.ukgser.com/forums/

www.bikersoracle.com/gs/forum/

In search of a better quality of white noise.....

30/03/2007 at 00:55
Cool ill try that, it feels like a bigger version of the KLX650 i used to ride just quicker with less dive at the front! ( i know they arent meant to dive its weird though) Feels like fun even though did nearly all motorway stuff.
30/03/2007 at 01:49
To be fair after looking about ive just scored a hire bike that retails at about £10000 for a bandit that was worth less then £2.5K so im now happy with my like for like deal!!!
Your say
email image
21 to 24 of 24 messages