Hemel Hempstead! Hemel Hempstead! Glorious Hemel Hempstead!

1 to 20 of 38 messages
19/10/2007 at 09:32
No its not. Its a pokey little new market town.. Its as bad as Slough... Actually nothing is that bad... But it has the 'Magic Roundabout' ooooo Oh yes.

No seriously its lame.... What is the worst town in the country and why?
19/10/2007 at 09:36
Tilbury... it's the flea infested armpit of the Thames estuary. Full of pikeys, chavs and smackheads.

I see a boundary. I eat that boundary and wash it down with a steaming hot cup of rules...
Race reports and pics at - www.nakedracingproject.com
Supporting the Greenpeace Esperanza's anti-whaling expedition to the Pacific.
19/10/2007 at 09:37
MetusUK wrote
No its not. Its a pokey little new market town.. Its as bad as Slough... Actually nothing is that bad... But it has the 'Magic Roundabout' ooooo Oh yes.

No seriously its lame.... What is the worst town in the country and why?

According to that Location Location Location program, Edinburgh is the best place to live, and middlesbrough the worst...

www.homemove.co.uk/news/19-10-2007/edinburgh-is-best-place-to-live-in-the-uk.html

I was bored at home and wanted something to watch by the way, i'm not normally sad enough to watch things like this, honest...

Life is not a Straight Line.

http://www.udfma.com/
19/10/2007 at 09:38
now you are taken the piss i lived there for 7 yrs its a shit hole of the highest order

http://www.technomoto.co.uk/ 15% discount to VD members 0207 328 7659(ring for a nice price)

MOTOPHYSHO The best bike service workshop in the city(london) 0207 837 0444 as for keith.

ebay shop is cbbuzzer, http://stores.ebay.co.uk/cbbuzzer_W0QQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247

19/10/2007 at 10:50
My son was born there.
My father died there.

Not too many towns I can say that about!

You have the right to free speech.........provided your not dumb enough to actually try it
19/10/2007 at 10:54
If I'd have been sat at my old desk on the 3rd floor of Catherine House, Boundary Way when Buncefield blew up, I'd be dead now.

The pictures used in this signature are copyrighted and NO WAY am I granting free use to TWO of these nor any of my stuff.

Thank you for spoiling Visordown. Bring back the INDEPENDENT vBulletin boards.

19/10/2007 at 10:57
Gibbo wrote
If I'd have been sat at my old desk on the 3rd floor of Catherine House, Boundary Way when Buncefield blew up, I'd be dead now.

Oh I remember that day... I got a new kitchen out of that.
19/10/2007 at 10:58
Merthyr Tydvil (?sp).

Or Wisbech.

Or Stoke on Trent.

Without Visordown we are as shakey as .... as a fiddler ... on the roof!
19/10/2007 at 11:08
suzuki-boy wrote
You stole my thread title. I bet you're a darkie.

I just jumped on the band wagon.. everyone was doing it...
19/10/2007 at 11:14
studdonkey stop watching so much tv its not good for you

http://www.technomoto.co.uk/ 15% discount to VD members 0207 328 7659(ring for a nice price)

MOTOPHYSHO The best bike service workshop in the city(london) 0207 837 0444 as for keith.

ebay shop is cbbuzzer, http://stores.ebay.co.uk/cbbuzzer_W0QQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247

19/10/2007 at 11:14
MetusUK wrote

Have they moved the magic roundabout from Swindon to Hemel - who gave permission for that to happen

Only the wise shall be able to recognize the Dark Wing from the minion of Shadow the Deceiver

19/10/2007 at 11:15
Theres quite a fun road from Hemel Hempstead to Leighton Buzzard ... if your on a bike
In a car / van it's a very frustrating road!
19/10/2007 at 11:16
Slarty wrote
Theres quite a fun road from Hemel Hempstead to Leighton Buzzard ... if your on a bike

The B4146.

My only major off on a bike occured on that road. I forgot the double mini roundabout @ Edlesborough was there and came over a brow @ 110mph and panic braked.

The pictures used in this signature are copyrighted and NO WAY am I granting free use to TWO of these nor any of my stuff.

19/10/2007 at 11:21
Gibbo wrote
The B4146.

My only major off on a bike occured on that road. I forgot the double mini roundabout @ Edlesborough was there and came over a brow @ 110mph and panic braked.

My God! I lived in Edlesborough from babbyhood to leaving home. It was a cow pat then, bigger cow pat now I believe.
19/10/2007 at 12:42
Hemel is a total hole, just a nightmare. I guess the old town is passable though.

The magic roundabout is a laugh though....funny to freak people out who have never been round it by going round anti-clockwise.

The KTM centre isn't too far away though, good for a browse. And Moore's is not too far either, which I like cos it's like a proper old school bike shop.
19/10/2007 at 13:29
chris r wrote
which I like cos it's like a proper old school bike shop.

Yeah, shite service. Always hated that place. Need to try a customer service course!
19/10/2007 at 13:32
Sav1 wrote
Yeah, shite service. Always hated that place. Need to try a customer service course!

Funny, they're always fine when I go in there

'I think the moral is, people are cunts. End of.'
Dave KL250

'Why do people feel the need to post such self righteous, completely overarching, breathtakingly arrogant and generally unhelpful claptrap?' RS250-Squid
19/10/2007 at 13:42
Sav1 wrote

I went in there once to try on a lid that I was looking to buy. I asked someone to open the cabninet twice in 10 minutes. I gace up after that and walked out. Never been in there since.

Wasn't that impressed with Moores in London Colney either. I ordered Som Oxtar boots from there about 4 yerars ago. Chased a couple of times, but I eventually gave up.

I know the people whjo work in the shop know their stuff and some of them are ex racers, but all that ability didn't get my Boots.

OT. We looked at buying a house in Hemel. The area really was quite nasty. Cheap house though. Hemel was always our last resort as it was a fair trek from the other half's friends and family in Ruislip.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/StreetBaker/VD_Sig_2008_2.jpg

19/10/2007 at 13:55
Slarty wrote
In a car / van it's a very frustrating road!

That is MY road... I love it. Hemel => Leighton Buzzard Road, Turn Leftt at Dagnall into Ashridge => Berkhamsted => Hemel... All to Bat out of Hell by the time it finishes... Mwhahaha.... As for the Magic Roundabout, apparently Hemel and Swindon are the only ones that have one.... But who got there's first, and who copied who?

As for Hemel Roads, come out to Abbots Langley, and there is the Awesome Sarratt Road... Oh Yes.
19/10/2007 at 14:15
bakerstreet wrote
Wasn't that impressed with Moores in London Colney either.

Different company completely - no relation.

The Moore of Motorcycles & Moore in London Colney used to run Mach Motorcycles in Kenton.

1 to 20 of 38 messages