help the Haitians

95 posts / 0 new
Last post
help the Haitians

Watching Haitians being interviewed on TV last night gave me new insight to what's happening  there. It seems everyone was asking the same question, “When are they coming to help us?” Bodies decaying in the streets others still trapped under the rubble yet the majority of the Haitians are sitting asking, Where are the people with the food, water and money?”  

for a translation to what they are really saying;

Give us money, white people. Lots of it. Give it to us because God said so. (Or something) ...besides, you owe us 
“No more biscuits, we don’t like them, we want real food”

If you want to help the Haitians, help them rebuild their country, don’t rebuild it for them. If you really want to help them, buy their coffee. Demand it in Starbucks, demand it in Waitrose, slap yourself on the arse and demand it in Asda.

Do not give any money to any fake charities or any governments. They will only spend it on more staff, bonuses for the directors, windmills, uniforms, or other shite. Just buy their coffee. It's actually very good.

Think they've got a cheek actually,i'm fucked if i could find my house after 30 aftershocks.

MaxBarger wrote (see)

Watching Haitians being interviewed on TV last night gave me new insight to what's happening  there. It seems everyone was asking the same question, “When are they coming to help us?” Bodies decaying in the streets others still trapped under the rubble yet the majority of the Haitians are sitting asking, Where are the people with the food, water and money?”    for a translation to what they are really saying;Give us money, white people. Lots of it. Give it to us because God said so. (Or something) ...besides, you owe us “No more biscuits, we don’t like them, we want real food” If you want to help the Haitians, help them rebuild their country, don’t rebuild it for them. If you really want to help them, buy their coffee. Demand it in Starbucks, demand it in Waitrose, slap yourself on the arse and demand it in Asda. Do not give any money to any fake charities or any governments. They will only spend it on more staff, bonuses for the directors, windmills, uniforms, or other shite. Just buy their coffee. It's actually very good.

Spot on that post, our Government just sent £6,000,000 I think I'v done my bit.

MassEjection (not verified)

a

a

CaroleRash wrote (see)

CHARITY' given by the poor, stolen by the rich, in rip off Britian

Where's that?

liverpool!!

basic. wrote (see)

Carole, When I said that's 10p per person I meant per capita in the UK. In that one UK citizen can only say they've donated 10p if the Government gives out £6,000,000. I do not work for, nor beg on behalf of, charities. I'd be interested to know which large aid charity you are referring to when you say that the use 90% on themselves and 10% on donations. I hope it's not a spurious statistic that you've made up on the spot otherwise that would discredit your views pretty convincingly. I don't own a BMW, nor any such finance deal as you're suggesting, I saved for several months to buy a second hand bike out right.

well you have made a basic assumption that everyone in the country works and pays tax, which as we all know isnt true.so your maths is way off. but then i bet you dont pay tax so it probably doesnt concern you. the Haitians are now rioting and looting  just like the population of new orleans did, look at japan they suffer earthquakes but do not suffer from looting etc. 

brothas and sistas,i am writing to you to ask for your help for haiti, things are getting desperate. vital supplies of fried chicken and marijuana are not getting through. please give genoroulsy or i will stick pins in the voodoo doll i made for you all.Kwéyòl  Jean-Baptiste

a

a

a

basic. wrote (see)

If your age is anywhere approaching that of the man in your avatar, then it is disappointing to see one who is advanced in years lacking knowledge to such a degree. I wouldn't say my maths are way off on the assumption that the majority of people pay tax, however if you want to get 'Daily-Mail-dramatic' about it let's assume one in six people pay tax in the UK (which I would suspect is much lower than the reality). In this case the £6 million donation would still only equate to 60p per person. Personally I wouldn't say that donating 60p to a country suffering from a massive natural disaster is anything to feel proud of, and is not something about which one can say, "I have done my bit" as Jud posted. In terms of the rioting comparison with New Orleans if your attention span was longer than the five second flash of a news story on a amnesiac news channel you would recall that further investigation revealed that the vast majority of the supposed violence and looting in New Orleans was false. When the National Guard went through the city, and the football stadium, they found very few recorded incidences of crime and the talk of looting and violence was put down to journalists rehashing hearsay on the ground. Given the devastation and hardship suffered by the poor people of New Orleans, it does them a disservice when you trot out misrepresented, half-baked accusations, laced with underlying racism as was the case with New Orleans, that have been resoundingly disproven after the event. The reason I mention the poor people of New Orleans specifically, is the same reason that your point about Japan is so misguided. Earthquakes do not kill people. This is something that the blase posters on this string should consider. People do no die by falling into a massive crevasse opening up in the street or by being engulfed by lava. They die because their house falls on them and their family and their children whilst they eat their dinner or sleep at night. So the question is why do people suffer an Haiti and yet behave so respectably, according to you, in Japan? The answer is poverty. In Japan there is a enough state funding and support for research and implementation of earthquake-proofing buildings to stop them collapsing when the day comes. Earthquakes don't kill people, poverty does, and given that I assume everyone on this string is wealthy, in global terms, solely by virtue of their birthplace, they might want to consider this when they are taking in such an 'us' and 'them' manner about Haiti. You, artschool, could have been born anywhere in the world and had you been born in Haiti you would have suffered or died in this earthquake because you would have been poor all of your life. Even if you are a very clever chap who thinks he's made a great deal out of his life, this is framed by opportunity. You could have been a leading surgeon in Haiti and you'd still be a pauper by British standards. The success of your wealth is not down to you but down to your nationality. By chance you were born outside Haiti into a, globally speaking, wealthy country where you will never suffer the hardships of those people and even have enough money spare to buy a motorbike, which is more money than a hardworking family would make in a year in Haiti. And yet you're so willing to condemn people on the random luck of someone's birthright?

Well said you You can stay

Long winded rants, feels hes constantly right? Is that you londonbum?

basic by your own admission you were out by a factor of six on your maths. if i was given the choice between giving the money to our own OAP's to stop them dying during winter and sending it to haiti, i would choose the OAP's every day of the week.Unfortunately i cant type as much as you have due to my advanced age making my hands sore, but answer me this. why are the haitain's refusing food? why are the haitains shooting at the rescue teams? why are the haitains blocking the roads with dead bodies and burning tyres?also why are you calling me a racist? 

a

Jean-Baptiste wrote (see)

brothas and sistas,i am writing to you to ask for your help for haiti, things are getting desperate. vital supplies of fried chicken and marijuana are not getting through. please give genoroulsy or i will stick pins in the voodoo doll i made for you all.Kwéyòl  Jean-Baptiste

a

during the cold weather i walked to the shops with a list from my elderly neighbours as i completely agree that people should help each other.next thing you will be telling me that live aid was a roaring success? it is commendable that you want to help another person, but why not start at home first?  here is a good (and short) article from the times

basic. wrote (see)

Nice one wavydave... ... and don't tell me where you live is a lovely place, really nice. Just one thing... few to many coloureds for your liking.

where i live there are very few coloured faces. tell me basic, why are you making this a racial thing ?? the disaster has fook all to do with race, so what  right do you have to make racial insinuations to me when all i did was find a post funny ?

wavydave13 wrote (see)

basic. wrote (see)

Nice one wavydave... ... and don't tell me where you live is a lovely place, really nice. Just one thing... few to many coloureds for your liking.

where i live there are very few coloured faces. tell me basic, why are you making this a racial thing ?? the disaster has fook all to do with race, so what  right do you have to make racial insinuations to me when all i did was find a post funny ?

wavy its because basic is one of these guilty liberals who loves to shout racist at everything. he should take a leaf out of morgan freemans book. in reality basic is the racist for constantly bringing it up.

it gets you mad dont it!!

a

I'm a black fella and i saw the funny side.I have to agree with the other lads basic your making it racist with your comments!!

i thought the jean baptiste post was funny too as it was obviously a parody and doesnt seem any worse than some irish jokes that get posted on here.a serious question basic. would you ever consider going out to haiti to help with the rebuilding?

Besides the kiddie fiddleing thing did anyone think any diffrent of Michael Jackson from when he was a brutha to a white guy?

a

And what would you know about racism?

a

a

basic, the real problem i have with dishing out money to third world countries is that it condemns them to poverty forever.i can tell you genuinely feel sorry for these people, but sending money will not help in the long term.i am not being callous but if you dont let people learn from their own mistakes they never grow or mature. i am all for cancelling debt so long as new loans dont instantly appear and letting them trade their was out of poverty. and before you chime in with something like "whitey keeps them down" they have had their independence for 200 years. 

artschool wrote (see)

basic, the real problem i have with dishing out money to third world countries is that it condemns them to poverty forever.

The real problem you have is that you haven't bothered to find out whether giving aid is a good idea or not. And, yes, you are being callous. You're prepared to help people who already have some kind of social support but not those who don't?

d0ntp4n1c wrote (see)

The real problem you have is that you haven't bothered to find out whether giving aid is a good idea or not. And, yes, you are being callous. You're prepared to help people who already have some kind of social support but not those who don't?

you tell me what countries have actually benefited from aid?ethiopia etc? hmmmmm. most of the sucess stories come from countries trading their was out of poverty.  fact. 

a

a

basic. wrote (see)

Artschool: If that's a fact you should be able to back it up with concrete examples. I'd be interested to hear them. On the other hand, examples of instances where countries benefitted: Morocco's 75% reduction blinding trachoma since 1999 following American financial handouts. Egypt's reduction of infant mortality from dehydration linked to diarrheal disease from 50% to 0.5%, again due to American handouts. The combined President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB, and Malaria, which has helped to deliver 88 million insecticide-treated bednets to prevent the spread of malaria. The continued existence of the state of Israel is based on foreign support. The Oxfam Tsunami aid project helped improve the lives of 2.5 million by creating 10,800 wells and building 2,900 houses and 102 schools in Aceh province.

wow you write loads.ok basic, so you are allowing more people to live in countries that can barely feed their populations as it is. the world is filling up and you think that isnt going to be a problem in future? you see you just think short term. i wont talk about israel as it is a poor example which has caused much suffering by its 62yr existance. 

basic. wrote (see)

I'd agree with d0ntp4n1c that you're being callous. In this case, a country has been severely affected by a natural disaster. Which lessons are we hoping that they will learn from the mistake of being hit by an earthquake? How are these people going to "grow and mature" when their house and all their belongings have been destroyed? Do you imagine that people who have lost their family when their house collapsed learn a vital lesson when you deny them food? Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere with 80% of the population living under the poverty line and 54% in abject poverty. Sending money may not be the best way to help a country in the long term and supporting trade is a useful tool in an emergency. You are talking as if these people are asking for more gruel at the dinner table, rather than an underdeveloped country that suffered the violent death of tens of thousands of people in minutes.

in my first post and in ALL the newspapers the fact that the haitians do not build to a sufficient standard(like japan) has caused this to become a disaster. so it is partly their own responsibility! as well as the fact they are looting and shooting. they have had 200 years to improve their own living standards whose fault is that but their own? 

Trade is exactly what poor countries need, but without some investment they can never get out the poverty trap, ie they need more than they can produce just to subsist. Trade is also difficult when the developed countries subsidise their domestic industry and try to prevent "cheap foreign imports". The developed world has never given significant aid to the poorest countries. Fact. Have a look here for the numbers.

artschool wrote (see)

the haitians do not build to a sufficient standard(like japan) has caused this to become a disaster

Do you think they are going to solve this on their own? This is exactly the kind of aid they need.

d0ntp4n1c wrote (see)

Trade is exactly what poor countries need, but without some investment they can never get out the poverty trap, ie they need more than they can produce just to subsist. Trade is also difficult when the developed countries subsidise their domestic industry and try to prevent "cheap foreign imports". The developed world has never given significant aid to the poorest countries. Fact. Have a look here for the numbers.

they can always trade amongst each other? i would like to see more domestic industry in britain first btw. dont you ever think quietly to yourself. OMG what if some countries just cant be like the western world, maybe we shouldnt interfere? after all no one interfered with our development?  We should have left many countries well alone. same with vietnam. same with somalia. same with ethiopia. i could go on but why bother. why dont we save the inuit?  they have a hard life? so waste your money but dont be under any illusion that things will change.

d0ntp4n1c wrote (see)

artschool wrote (see)

the haitians do not build to a sufficient standard(like japan) has caused this to become a disaster

Do you think they are going to solve this on their own? This is exactly the kind of aid they need.

OMG that is one of the most patronising things i have read for a long time. they are not children you know. you should be ashamed to write things like this:

d0ntp4n1c wrote (see)

Do you think they are going to solve this on their own?

that says it all really. why dont you fly over there to wipe their bottoms as well since you want to treat them like babies.

can someone fly over here and wipe my bum please?and also mr wavydave doensnt have to worry about coloured faces where he lives, nor chavs, nor extremist muslimsthey have massive problems down there with morrisdancers leave em to it there are 10 other major nations within a couple of hours, why do we allways have to wade in like some fucking bunch of superheroes with our union jack undercrackers over our lycra cycling shortsffs sort our own socio-economic problems out first

Check the lads right hand out its not bothered him that much that he's passed up the chance of a grab at the gristle gripper.

Just read it and yes i am suitably disgusted, this goes on in all the backward dictator lead regimes, but what are we supposed to do go rendomply invading all of the otherNO because they dont have enough booty me heartys

Aside from the earthquake that has happened to haitiI see haiti as an open wound that is never going to heal , not whilst it is in the state it is , ie no democracy to speak of and no investment going on , i wonder why there isnt any investment there ? could it be because of the criminal culture in place or is it just a shit hole that will never get people interested Its wide open to exploitation but its not being exploited as in work related so there must be something seriously wrong going on there 9 million and no one has mentioned why yet , dont they practice birth control , should they be allowed to have more than 1 child per couple , when will it end up another biafra Oh and basic your a cheeky cunt of the highest order calling people racist bigots simply for telling a joke get over yourself 

a

artschool, if you dont understand how Britain has benefitted from basically raping the world of diamonds, oil, tea, etc., in terms of its development (no one interfered with out development), then you just don't understand history.

That being said, trade, not aid, is what is needed around the world really. However, western nations often take capitalism waaay too far and basically exploit third world nations (coffee farmers not making a living wage, and Starbucks making in millions is just one example).

Slogger: BIRTH CONTROL? FORCED Birth control? You're fucking kidding me right? Why don't Britons practise bloody birth control then?!

btw - since this is a racially charged topic, in case people are wondering, my handle refers to the French motorcyclist and not my race, as im not actually black

PS: Basic, you're among the more intelligent (if racially reactive) members on this topic mate! Thumbs up!

BlackPrince wrote (see)

artschool, if you dont understand how Britain has benefitted from basically raping the world of diamonds, oil, tea, etc., in terms of its development (no one interfered with out development), then you just don't understand history. That being said, trade, not aid, is what is needed around the world really. However, western nations often take capitalism waaay too far and basically exploit third world nations (coffee farmers not making a living wage, and Starbucks making in millions is just one example).

haiti was run by the french, you need to check your history mate. Also if you describe trade as rape then you better get back into your cave because without trade we all would be back in the stone ages. it is protectionism (which is what you are endorsing) which distorts the markets. 

BlackPrince wrote (see)

BIRTH CONTROL? FORCED Birth control? You're fucking kidding me right? Why don't Britons practise bloody birth control then?

we do practise birth control thats why britain isnt overpopulated(yet), unlike haiti.

BlackPrince wrote (see)

btw - since this is a racially charged topic, in case people are wondering, my handle refers to the French motorcyclist and not my race, as im not actually black

who said this is a racial issue? not us. you are as bad as basic, obsessed with race.

BlackPrince wrote (see)

PS: Basic, you're among the more intelligent (if racially reactive) members on this topic mate! Thumbs up!

Those of you that dont think 100 % of the people who live in the uk dont pay tax then your very much mistaken There are so many taxes in this country so many in fact that you cant avoid paying tax ie vat , fuel duty to name only two , so we are all paying tax Now as for the haitians ? why are they not trying to sort the mess out , the abled bodied amongst them should be made to do clean up dutys 

Follow Visordown

Top News

Crash Media Group
Visordown is part of the CMG Full Throttle Network© : welcoming over 3 million consumers each month