Helmets (again)

15 messages
10/07/2001 at 10:53
My Shoei (XR800?) was getting bit on the pongy side. No mushrooms yet, but definitely on the wrong side of "pleasant". Time for a clean, methought. So, I got a little aerosol tinny of Carburol Helmet Sanitiser, and guess what? It does exactly what it says on the tin.

One application: spray on, foams up, wipe off, leave to dry. Very nice and fresh (smells peachy). But the amazing thing (to my simple little mind anyway!) is that all the padding has been rejuvinated. The helmet is snug, tight, very comfortable, and probably fits tighter and better than it did when new.

I would HIGHLY recommend this Carburol stuff!

GSX1400 : It's like wiping your arse with silk.

Frettons Scottoiler BikeSafe Dangleberry!

"Million-to-one chances happen nine times out of ten." - Terry Pratchett
"My body is a temple; yours is an amusement park." - Ceri
"You sir are a social hand grenade." - Gingerwhinger
"No, I don't like the Mail On Sunday, but it's like self-harming; I know I shouldn't do it, but nothing else gives me the same buzz." - Ceri
10/07/2001 at 10:54
A simple spray that makes your helmet a snugger fit. Now thats worth buying!

I once had a Volvo, but I don't want to talk about it.

In winter 1968 his mother was sexually assaulted by a monkey whilst working as knife thrower for the circus. Given away at birth because of his hideous appearance and hairy toes, he was unaware that monkey genes would enable him to stay upright under the most testing of conditions. However, he soon discovered this talent and realised that he could use this extraordinary power to fight evil and make the world a safer place, but instead decided to sit on his arse all day wasting time on VISORDOWN........

10/07/2001 at 10:56
<some sort of nob gag about dick cheese>
perhaps it was the fumes from the spray that are head swelling.

The fountain of all wisdom … right next to the pit of stupidity , should have gone left rather than right then?
Definitely try it m8! Only downside was that I'd to leave my lid upside down overnight to dry properly, but very well worth it.

GSX1400 : It's like wiping your arse with silk.

Frettons Scottoiler BikeSafe Dangleberry!

"Million-to-one chances happen nine times out of ten." - Terry Pratchett
"My body is a temple; yours is an amusement park." - Ceri
"You sir are a social hand grenade." - Gingerwhinger
"No, I don't like the Mail On Sunday, but it's like self-harming; I know I shouldn't do it, but nothing else gives me the same buzz." - Ceri
DSK
10/07/2001 at 11:50
Where can i get hold of some?

Is it a mail order thing or is it available at motorcycle shops?

Fast n Ard #69 YU# 22 LLL#666 SNSG# 998 TIT# 178A VDP# 69
Scarlet Street.co.uk Exclusive & Designer lingerie for women at competitive prices.
Scarlet Street After Dark.co.uk Market leading adult toys offered at competitive prices (adults only!).
www.twistgrip-motorcycles.co.uk/ - service/repairs/MOTs - Nottingham
10/07/2001 at 11:54
... baby shampoo in mine. Worked a treat, and cost nothing (we had some already).

'Not so much life in the fast lane
... as life in the oncoming traffic'

10/07/2001 at 12:01
Take yer helmet into the shower, wash yer hair leave the shampoo on yer head all foamy like then put on yer lid.... WHAAALAAA two jobs in one go.
10/07/2001 at 12:04
then stick your head down the bog and flush it to rinse?

10/07/2001 at 12:06
Wash yer hair
Yer dirty scumbags
10/07/2001 at 12:08
I wash mine once a month, whether it needs it or not!

10/07/2001 at 12:10
Great tip but you forgot to mention an important safety issue.....

Remove helmet from wet shampooed hair within 3 mins. Otherwise there is a possibility your head will actually bond to the helmet as dry soap is quite sticky and icky as i have just discovered.......

Anyone got a tin opener......?

Hello can anyone hear me? Can anyone help me please. I appear to have my head stuck. Anyone.......

Hey can you help....pleeeeease.

Hello? Hello? Is anyone there.

Bugger.

There is no beginning, there is no end, just a passion for life on two wheels.
10/07/2001 at 12:30
or pour a mixture of shampoo, wd40 and lemon zest into your helmet, place apon your head tilt your head plus helmet to an angle of 75 deg, fill with water to a temp of 65 deg C, run about the room for 35 mins and then collapse...
10/07/2001 at 12:42
won't wd40 attack your helmet?

10/07/2001 at 12:50
Ah WD40

the missing link

Free at last

There is no beginning, there is no end, just a passion for life on two wheels.
Your say
email image
15 messages