Hayabusa To Replace Bandit?

Bike advice wanted please!

6 messages
01/07/2012 at 05:17
I've just registered with Visordown and need advice please. Currently have an 08 Bandit 1250 which I hardly ride - loss of enthusiasm I guess. Thinking of trading in for an 06 Hayabusa to get me excited about biking again! Only need to put ??550 of own money towards purchase. Any thoughts out there?
01/07/2012 at 05:19
Oops! Meant to say ??550 lol.
Appreciate also that insurance and consumables will be more expensive
01/07/2012 at 14:25

Only my opinion but it depends what you want to use the bike for.Speed limit here is 70 and it's getting more and more risky to break it,your 1250 is more than quick enough to ride in this country and probably a lot more comfortable than the Busa as well at legal speeds.Even if you want to tour overseas how much quicker than a 1250 Bandit does anyone really need? And if we're honest how many of us are good enough to use that extra grunt anyway?

Being practical there's no real reason to change what you've got,having said that if biking relied on logic none of us would be riding bikes anyway.

Bottom line,if you really want a Busa buy one,personally I'd keep the Bandit and spend the money on something else,maybe a big tour of Europe or possibly a decent 250 trail bike and do a bit of greenlaning,really good fun and it dosn't cost a lot.Your choice,your money,you only live once so if a Busa is what you really want go for it.

01/07/2012 at 15:40

Thanks, moko, for your reply.

The question of speed is a big deal to me, given that i drive for a living!

I guess that i am just looking to fire a bit of enthusiasm back into my biking and apprerciate their are other ways to do this.

All the best.

01/07/2012 at 23:36

No problem mate.

If you're into Speed trackdays would seem to be the answer,you can hire bikes and/or go on courses with people like these to give it a go.No connection to me they're just the first ones Google threw up,a bit more research would find others:

http://www.patracking.co.uk/bikes.htm

If you enjoy it then have a think and buy yourself something suitable,workmate of mine does them regularly and loves it.

02/07/2012 at 07:07
Thanks for the research mate.

I am pretty disciplined on the roads so, yeah, sensible public riding and letting it go where appropriate could be the answer!

Take it easy moko
Your say
email image
6 messages