Gotta sell me Gixer Thou

131 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gotta sell me Gixer Thou

I have read on here and other sites (and MCN comic) that a lot of people are upset coz middle aged folk with more money than sense are buying all the best sports bikes just coz they are the fastest & bestest.
Well it doesn't seem fair that I have a new gixer thou with shiney new Dainese leathers and new Arai - I don't want to upset anybody - so i will have to sell it and buy a CX500 rather than upset people

Seriously, why can't these tossers ( sorry jealous tossers ) mind there own business. We all ride 2 wheels don't we ?

I work hard and can afford ANY bike i like - so why shouldn't i get the fastest & best sports bike
Too many folk toss it off at school and bum thru life and then whinge coz somebody else has more money than them and can afford the good things in life.

There were also references to us older guys not being able to ride or handle a gixer thou
well if those doubters can ride it faster than me round Cadwell, they they can have it.
( i can afford another - tee hee)

my moan for the day is now over -
off out now to pull some MORE 130mph wheelies

Well said, if you can afford it why not! Certainly not because someone else says he cant so you cant. Bol****s. Keep riding it hard and very fast.Pete

Yorick wrote

There were also references to us older guys not being able to ride or handle a gixer thouwell if those doubters can ride it faster than me round Cadwell, they they can have it.

Hey Yorick.... I can't resist a challenge and I love Cadwell. When can I ride it?You'd better get another one on order RHD

when?

Not putting my penneth in m8, coz I'd lose you'd thrash me However I think you forgot there are a few racers here Keefer, fancy a Gixer thou shame he's not on VD Rita

I'll win it!or bin it trying...

Can I just have a go...pleeeeeeeeese!! I'll bring some beta-blockers.

Carn't wait for this one, let me no when its on, but make it a weekend please I'd hate to miss YORICK beat the VD RacersIf only you new?.........................:burnout: And I don't want a go as I'd probalby shit meself

Yorick wrote

I have read on here and other sites (and MCN comic) that a lot of people are upset coz middle aged folk with more money than sense are buying all the best sports bikes just coz they are the fastest & bestest. Well it doesn't seem fair that I have a new gixer thou with shiney new Dainese leathers and new Arai - I don't want to upset anybody - so i will have to sell it and buy a CX500 rather than upset peopleSeriously, why can't these tossers ( sorry jealous tossers ) mind there own business. We all ride 2 wheels don't we ?I work hard and can afford ANY bike i like - so why shouldn't i get the fastest & best sports bikeToo many folk toss it off at school and bum thru life and then whinge coz somebody else has more money than them and can afford the good things in life. There were also references to us older guys not being able to ride or handle a gixer thouwell if those doubters can ride it faster than me round Cadwell, they they can have it. ( i can afford another - tee hee)my moan for the day is now over - off out now to pull some MORE 130mph wheelies

Hmmmmm if there's anything worse than an arrogant southern sh*te it's an arrogant Northern sh*ite (only joking)

can i have a go PLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE.but you can keep it yorick 'cause i couldnt afford to insure it, unless you can pay it for me (hehehe)...

Lordy I'm posting! Gixser thou, yes perleeease!Take on Yorick! Are you MAD! he's an ex LC racer,I was just old duffer twins, he'd chew me up and spitout the remains and then use the leftovers for traction (or for Homer).NO WAY!! No, NOT AT ALL, EVER,EVER EVER.Good on yer Yorick, top man, enjoy!Wastegate (aka Keefer)But I have turned in a 1min 23s round Cadwell on a nitro'd turbo goldwing + trailer with slick's, am I sad?PS I also did 32s dead round Mallory when I put slicks on the trailer too.

You people always think those of us who don't have the latest fastest most expensive thing are jealous and that's just bollocks. I don't want a gixer thou but I still don't think some twattish twatty twat should hop on one right after his DAS simply because he can.Tell you what, come and live in London - don't matter how much money you've got, there's plenty of places you can't get a garage. Then try to own your superbike and see if everyone is jealous or thinks you're an idiot for spending the gross national product of Luxemburg on insurance

It amazes me how you can ride your Gixxer, whilst standing on that enormous soap box. You said it all, so F***K them...Just get on your bike, stick 2 fingers up and disappear into the distance.And a few points of order.......Stop bragging about all yer money, as you could always give a wad of it to me, if you are feeling guilty about it. Do not openly admit that you are middle aged, as no one would ever notice otherwise ( when pissed ).. Get your next bike on order, as you have given me too many tips on how to ride the arse of a bike,and very very soon I shall eclipse even you !! so I had better order my leathers for my new Gixxer !! Chill out !!!!!

silentmemory wrote

You people always think those of us who don't have the latest fastest most expensive thing are jealous and that's just bollocks. I don't want a gixer thou but I still don't think some twattish twatty twat should hop on one right after his DAS simply because he can.Tell you what, come and live in London - don't matter how much money you've got, there's plenty of places you can't get a garage. Then try to own your superbike and see if everyone is jealous or thinks you're an idiot for spending the gross national product of Luxemburg on insurance

Not JEALOUS are you SM??!!?!?!?

Originally posted by stoney Not JEALOUS are you SM??!!?!?!?Are you stupid or just stupid? No I'm not jealous of any bike owner simply because of the bike he or she owns, but I'm more than a little pissed off with the condescending superiority some people have because of the machine. If jealousy has a part in my indignation, it's that some people are lucky enough to live somewhere where insurance is low, roads are good, crime is low, and law enforcement is minimal.

Hey yorik can i have your gixxer when youv done with it and gettin a new fuel inj ram air r1. please.:burnout:

SM..........UgggggggggggggggggggggghSteveS nice one

I've got the matching leathers etc for your Gixxer Yorick so set a date for Cadwell and I'll beat the ass off you. oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr best get practising -

OK racy - you name the date I thought i might get a bit more stick - some of my comments were a bit tongue in cheek - but typified my feelingsgot the expected crap from SM tho

TWPD (not verified)

I'll see you at Cadders then Yorick? My 748Rs vs. your Gixer. I know Cadders well. ..seriously...who gives a flying fuck about what anyone rides. It's the company and friendship that's important.

Originally posted by stoney Not JEALOUS are you SM??!!?!?!?

corse he bloody is!!!!!

well put Nige (TWPD)- you are a good fast rider and i enjoy riding with youi don't like going fast with somebodt i don't trustmight be interesting round Cadwell tho but i am out of the racing mode nowadays - just ride on experiencenot balls out on me LC's in me twenties any more

No need to be like that, I was taking the piss....y'know having a laff(??) thats the kinda stuff most of us like to do around here.....now sit down and chill the fuck out.

well put stoney

All i can say is fair play Yorick, You enjoy it while you can.Even if the insurance is steep. Just keep buying the latest and fastest machine out there.As it helps the likes of me buy secondhand bikes.Who cares about insurance. It doesnt matter how we moan about it the bloody thing will always go up.

SM yep you do look jealous So Yorick do you want me to go first on your gixxer and set the pace ???? And can you put new tyres on it for when I win it PS Make sure it's clean too, thankyou old boy.

Sorry stoney, yeah I know you were joking. As I know the rest of you are trying to bait me, so either I ignore it or I'm rising to it. Well think what you want, but you can still all fuck the fucking fuckity fuck off - I could have any bike I want (well mass produced road bike anyway) and insure it, and rent a garage to keep it in if I had to. I choose not to but I'm fucked if that makes me jealous of you, or think that I can come on here where some people might be, just to lord it up and tell people I can afford 'the finer things in life'. So I'll buy my 996 shall I, and then wobble to work on it through the London commute? And I'll buy my colour matched m2m leathers and Arai lid, and I'll be better than the rest of you will I? Fuck off.I'm this close --------><--------- to getting annoyed about this. Can't stand people boasting and looking down their nose at me cos of what I CHOOSE to ride. Yeah I pissed about in school and uni, but I'm doing ok for myself and I've still got people who love and respect me for more than what I own or for how fast I can go round a well surfaced ring of tarmac. Fucking braggards really fuck me off.Now that's a chip

SM - if you are so pissed off - find somewher else to chat

No m8, I'll stay here thanks if only to ensure you know how much the sentiments contained in your original post stink. No, they fucking reek. Of snobbery and self importance, of materialism and self pity.With the exception of one thread many moons ago, you've always come across as a thoroughly good bloke, and I recognise the sarcasm in your post and don't doubt I'd have been actually nodding along with your every word had we been sharing a jar down the pub.But this time you've hit a nerve with me. I've been unemployed with no money, and I've been looked down on for as long as I can remember by people who think that because they have, or appear to have, more money than me, that somehow they're better people. Not so long ago I had a woman try to give me spare change cos she thought I was a tramp, I had to laugh.It's late, I'm tired, and I'm using this forum to vent the annoyance I've allowed your post to create in me. For that I apologise, but I won't be taking it elsewhere. If you don't like it then don't read it, and if it's spoiling your enjoyment of your patronising thread then you know where the 'ignore user' button is.

silentmemory wrote

Not so long ago I had a woman try to give me spare change cos she thought I was a tramp, I had to laugh.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!That bloody magic mate!!! HAHAHA!!!!Even I aint had that one yet....I'm kinda jealous.LOLOLOL!!!!!

Good for you Yorick, enjoy it and sod everyone elseGood job this new gixxers out 'cause it might take some of the shit away that I have to listen to for owning an R1I earn fuck all in my job (13K), got a wife and two kids to support and pay out over half my income in rent alone.BUT I CHOOSE to own an R1, why, because thats what I want. My riding skills cant do it it justice but so what.Yes i've got a car, use it far more than my bike, but it's 12 years old with 191000 on the clock against 11500 on the R1. In realilty i can't afford to keep my bike but i do because it's mine, i want it and fuck anyone who so small minded to "take the piss"As for Silent, if lifes so shit in London try moving out. You haven't got kids to worry about so just do it. If it isn't really that bad just shut up for christ sake and chill out.RATHER A MAN BUYS HIS OWN RIDE THAN STEALS SOMEONE ELSES

Good to see you back mateDon't rise to the bait fer fuck's sake Here's a pint!

Christ, I'm so poor I've got peeps buying me drinksCHEERS DG

or was this just a thinly veiled bragg?

I can't be arsed to read all the replies on here, so just post yer lap time sonny.....

slug wrote

I earn fuck all in my job (13K), got a wife and two kids to support and pay out over half my income in rent alone.

KEErist! yer kidding?? My morgage is about 15% of my income, why the hell are ya renting???

I have to rent because the borrowing power of a 13k incomeis bugger all whilst a three bedroom house costs a bloody lot! (80K+)I know a mortgage would be a lot cheaper but it's your classical Catch22

Well said!Even if you do ride an R1......Naahhh, get thesame shit if you ride a Ducati too.

Originally posted by slug As for Silent, if lifes so shit in London try moving out. You haven't got kids to worry about so just do it. If it isn't really that bad just shut up for christ sake and chill out.Gosh, who was a bit stroppy last night then? Sorry for being a moody cnut, especially to you Yorick.And slug, I feel for you mate I really do, but hopefully you're happy at least. As for London, I have to work here, it's about the only place left in the country who still do what I know, and even we are moving away from it. Once I'm retrained I'll be able to go wherever I please but until then I have no choice.I know I could commute in from somewhere nicer, but I tried that and preferred the time saved by living here to living somewhere I hadn't the time to enjoy. But one day that mansion in the North of England shall be mine, oh yes.

Now I can't speak for Yorick, but I can see where he's coming from. If I had a balls-out sportsbike like an R1/6, Gixxer Grand etc, I would have been heartily sick of all the recent digs at the riders of said machines of this forum. You can only put your point across so many times before you think "f*ck it" and something snaps. I'm guessing that's the reason for this thread.A lot of recent posts on this subject have smacked of jealousy.As for me, I couldn't give a monkey's what anyone rides.sm - none of this is a dig at you. I can see your point, too.

... how much head start do I get at Cadwell ?How about I do the short circuit, and you do the full one Seriously tho'Have to agree to a point, but I just let it all go over my head, 'cos If I want a superbike, then I'll buy one, and anyone who doesn't like it, or thinks I don't do it justice, can bugger off.

Yorick - well said m8. I think TWPD summed it up. Who gives a flying feck what you ride. The fun of being on two wheels can be had whatever your steed and for me the comraderie and friendship of riding with a bunch of like minded people cant be beaten.As for slug - good on yer although your missus must be one in a million My lass moans at the slightest expenditure on a bike and I dont have the money problems you tell us about. Main reason why I ride a four yr old GPZ1100S - good bike though - but if I could get away with spending me hard earned that Mille R would be mine Get yer arse oop north slug. Property cheaper, pace of life better and we have some cracking roads. Plus salaries arent bad either.

milky82 (not verified)

Yorick is it ok if a get a friend of mine to race you round Cadwell him on his privateer BSB zx7 you on the gizer I could do with a bigger bike :burnout:

Yes I'm jealous.I'm jealous of your ability to ride.I'm jealous of your ability to justify spending that much cash on a bike and running costs.My jealousy comes to the for when I see folk riding bikes that I can't justify the ownership costs of and they're riding them worse than I would (that's saying something). I get the same feeling from seeing convertibles with the roof up when the sun shines. What a waste.I'm not saying that I would necessarily want a gixxer thou anymore than I want the fatboy that's parked outside the office today but I am jealous of the conspicous consumption involved in the purchase of both.

Are you serious?Yes I'm jealous.Why? It won't achieve anything and it'll eat you up insideI'm jealous of your ability to ride.Why not be pleased for someone who's dedicated their time to try to learn to ride well? There's nothing stopping you, or me, from doing the same. Only our sense of priorities gets in the way.I'm jealous of your ability to justify spending that much cash on a bike and running costs.??? If someone's got the cash, what's the problem with them spending it? Why does it make you jealous? Either they earned it (good for them!) or they inherited it (poor sods) or they won it (again, good for them!)I'm not saying that I would necessarily want a gixxer thou anymore than I want the fatboy that's parked outside the office today but I am jealous of the conspicous consumption involved in the purchase of both.Well, when I see a nice bike, I always think "Good for the owner - they've done what they want and I hope they're happy"Why would anyone want to go around feeling jealous all the time? How self-destructive is that? I work in an office where people earn exponentially more than I do. But I'm not jealous of them. If I wanted a high-powered, stressful job, I'd get one.Most of 'em don't spend spend the day dossing on VD, and earn their money.

Hairbrush wrote

I'm not saying that I would necessarily want a gixxer thou anymore than I want the fatboy that's parked outside the office today but I am jealous of the conspicous consumption involved in the purchase of both.

I saw a chap in a pinstripe suit wobbling about near Piccadilly the other day on an MV F4 (yes the oro or whatever it's called). Now that's conspicuous consumption (specially as he was crap!).But not as much as, say a Ferrari anything at all (cost=the same as a small street in the Welsh Valleys).IMHO it's obscene that there is such a disparity between rich and poor that some can afford a car with a gold-plated engine bay (like a Maclaren), and others can't afford to feed their kids!

be a sport & share with us poor people!!I know I can ride it ok, won't drop it I promise!!

belfast-biker (not verified)

Billy610 wrote

or was this just a thinly veiled bragg?

I <think> so, to a certain extent. Sometimes though a brag is not intended to a brag, it just is. Not the "braggers" fault. Thev're usually just become a (little) insensitive, and you can't really blame them. No offence to anyone.Now am *I jealous? Yup....too effing right! Hehehehe.....but if you offered me a 1litre bike I'd sell it and buy a nice tidy RS125....and pay off about a quarter my debts with the rest...! Goddamn 1L bike would scare the life out of me....

well said yorick!it's good to here you can not only afford to buy the best/fastest but you can ride it as well

"The best and fastest sportbike". So you've bought a Honda Yorick?

oh , very droll Billy Boywhy didn't ya come over for the WSB - did ya see me waving ?

Follow Visordown

Latest Bike News

Crash Media Group
Visordown is part of the CMG Full Throttle Network© : welcoming over 3 million consumers each month