Forged notes

7 messages
24/12/2003 at 13:59
Interesting point here - my Mrs went into the local Costcutter just now. Some bloke was trying to pay with what turned out to be a forged £50 note.

The staff wouldn't let him have it back and he went into one and became very abusive. So what's the score with forged notes? I suppose technically it's his property and they should have returned it but surely the only reason he wanted it back was to try offloading it somewhere else?

My bikes
24/12/2003 at 14:09
legally they are allowed to keep it if it is forged,same goes for debit/credit card,if a forged/stolen/lost card is used,staff have the right to keep it and hand it to the police

Needs 2 Wheels
Anyone want to sell me a ZZR600?
24/12/2003 at 14:10
Delveyboy wrote

legally they are allowed to keep it if it is forged,same goes for debit/credit card,if a forged/stolen/lost card is used,staff have the right to keep it and hand it to the police
I think they are actually REQUIRED to retain it.

I see good people

The ORIGINAL Southern Death Racer
Great Boobie of the Shafted Path
TIT#205/C
RADIO-TROG
24/12/2003 at 14:11
Surely if they gave it back they'd be running the risk of getting done for passing funny money themselves.....

I've a feeling they've got to keep it and hand it on to the cops...

Why is it that night falls but day breaks?
24/12/2003 at 14:44
Its their "duty" to retain it although some shop owners are to scared to cos if the attitude of the person when they do.

Its best to call police straight away on 999 (allowed as "crime in progress") so if they do kick up you safetly know back up is on its way although you may not get it if theres a more serious crime taking place at the same time. Just hope you got CCTV.

I think (don`t quote me on it) its an offence to give it back cos then YOU are putting it back into circulation. Having said that if they are a complete nutter and you fear for your life its probably best to just give them back

Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
I`m trying to see things your way but I can`t get my head up my arse
Zanxs No. 1 Fan
www.psd-training.com/
24/12/2003 at 14:46
Littlemissroadrage wrote

its an offence to give it back cos then YOU are putting it back into circulation. Having said that if they are a complete nutter and you fear for your life its probably best to just give them back

24/12/2003 at 16:52
Off topic,but once went to race meeting with a few friends,a mate passed over a grands worth of twentys with on-course bookies.
He then complained when the bookies gave him duff twentys in his pay-outs.These where exceptional quality,bank of england up raised on the note etc.
Your say
email image
7 messages