FANTASTIC ride out today

10 messages
12/04/2003 at 17:22
Went to Oulton park to watch some peeps we know on a track day.

Glorious sunshine, light traffic on the cat and fiddle and excellent company

Just thought I would tell you all cos it's made me smile

Yeah? whatever!
12/04/2003 at 17:24
what do u want?? a blue peter badge??

Adam K
msn - adamkendal@hotmail.com
Husband of - Fallen Angel (1st wife) and Spitfire (reserve wife)
SNSG#333, YU#41, VDP#3, WME#500/1, TIT#193/B, SPIC#167/70
12/04/2003 at 17:58
Adam K wrote

what do u want?? a blue peter badge??

I agree with the camp one Do I get a badge as well ?

I have enough bikes thanks
DSK
12/04/2003 at 19:44
I will be doing the C&F again in a few weeks (ordering my flip up plate after the easter w/end - speed cameras will be one thing off my mind).

I will be tinkering with the suspension next weekend and if I can find a reasonable setting that I can get on with I will be on the C&F the w/end after.

CC / Adam fancy hooning about at the usual place next weekend and perhaps help me with my suspension?????

Fast n Ard #69 YU# 22 LLL#666 SNSG# 998 TIT# 178A VDP# 69
Scarlet Street.co.uk Exclusive & Designer lingerie for women at competitive prices.
Scarlet Street After Dark.co.uk Market leading adult toys offered at competitive prices (adults only!).
www.twistgrip-motorcycles.co.uk/ - service/repairs/MOTs - Nottingham
13/04/2003 at 07:39
DSK wrote

I will be doing the C&F again in a few weeks (ordering my flip up plate after the easter w/end - speed cameras will be one thing off my mind).

I will be tinkering with the suspension next weekend and if I can find a reasonable setting that I can get on with I will be on the C&F the w/end after.

CC / Adam fancy hooning about at the usual place next weekend and perhaps help me with my suspension?????

I will, but that is NO way of ensuring suspension heaven!!

Why fiddle anyway? just ride braver or slower!

Yeah? whatever!
DSK
13/04/2003 at 13:07
adamski wrote

I will, but that is NO way of ensuring suspension heaven!!

Why fiddle anyway? just ride braver or slower!

After the Mr. Ford Mondeo at the end of last summer, the bikes front end always feels as though its about to wash out when I am not really pushing it. My speed over the twisties up the road from your house is MUCH lower than last year. Take that first right hand sweeper shortly after the 'national speed limit' sign as an example, last year I mainly took that at about 135/140mph with confidence. Now I can't even do that same sweeper at 120mph!!! I think my speed around there at the moment is about 115mph!!!.

Another section near my house, which is about 1 mile long without a straight bit is one of my faves. Last year I could pretty much go from on end to the other at about 70/75 mph. Now at just 55mph the bike starts complaining like a missus thats found you in bed with her sister!

When CC adjusted the rear the other week, the drive out of corners and its general set up is better, and I was instantly able to lean it over further, but its too bouncy for my liking now, the rear seems to takes too long to settle down after dips etc.

Zed6 saw some of the lean angles I used to get last year and I can't even get close to those now

I pick the bike up next week after its MOT, oil change etc and will be running the usual route back 'n' forth fiddling with the set up after every other run.

So its not a case of the suspension being a tad different now, major spannering is required!

Scarlet Street.co.uk Exclusive & Designer lingerie for women at competitive prices.
Scarlet Street After Dark.co.uk Market leading adult toys offered at competitive prices (adults only!).
13/04/2003 at 16:18
DSK wrote

[B
So its not a case of the suspension being a tad different now, major spannering is required! [/B]

Just bloody ride the thing you whinger! Nowt wrong with it

Was a brilliant ride...nice steady pace and only upset one old lady Changing my mind about the cat and fiddle, it's a lovely run, just gotta watch the psycho sheep!

http://www.btinternet.com/~tonyhathaway/Grib/848sig_trc.jpg

13/04/2003 at 18:08
We were wondering where you'd got to.

IANAN #6 / PIC OAP #1664 / VDA #54 / FRM #4 / TIT #140A
Roadcraft, Nottingham
Granby Motors, Beeston, Nottingham
13/04/2003 at 18:10
DSK wrote

Zed6 saw some of the lean angles I used to get last year and I can't even get close to those now

Your bottle has gone take up knitting

or come join us on a track day

I have enough bikes thanks
DSK
13/04/2003 at 19:17
Couch Commando wrote

Your bottle has gone take up knitting

or come join us on a track day

I am sure I still have the bottle.

Track Day - no can do just yet, spent all me money on setting up 2 businesses so I can't afford to repair the ZX6 if i bin it.

Hoping to be able to get on a track hopefully for August if all goes to plan.

Just get yourselves to J27 next sunday and help me fix the bike lol. I'll grab a C spanner as well during the week.

Your say
email image
10 messages