Draining fluid from an injury ?

1 to 20 of 28 messages
26/08/2004 at 13:34
Ok I had an off a couple of weeks ago and one of the things I battered was my knee. Not broken and swelling has gone down hugely but its still fairly full of fluid.

Knocked it at work again today and it hurt like hell.
I was wondering If draining off the fluid would help it heal faster ? and could this be done by just stickin a large needle into my knee (and be ready with a cloth )

Or would I just be better letting it heal naturally and let the fluid go away on its own ?

Anyone have any experiance with this kinda thing.
Im off back out to work but i'll check in later
Thanks in advance
26/08/2004 at 13:44
Get it drained you idiot.

If I wanted to make a life-long career out of working with the mentally retarded I would have gone into Special Education or opened a Harley Davidson dealership
26/08/2004 at 13:45
personally id leave the fucking thing well alone, but if you want me to pop round with a knitting needle id be more than willing to oblige
26/08/2004 at 13:45
When my bitch was spayed the vet had to drain some fluid a few days later.

If you want medical advice, for Christ sake don't ask this lot
call NHS Direct on 0845 4647

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
26/08/2004 at 13:47
I think you can cure water on the brain by a tap on the head?
26/08/2004 at 13:47
I'd go with the randomly stick a large needle in your knee in a completely uneducated manner.

It's bound to help the situation.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Or as Friedrich Nietzsche put it, "In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."
26/08/2004 at 14:05
You got to make sure the needle is clean though, the last thing you want is to make it worse, but yeah the needle will sort it out no trouble
26/08/2004 at 14:07
mselway wrote
When my bitch was spayed the vet had to drain some fluid a few days later.

I just sent mine down to the Family Planning clinic and the doc put her on the pill.
26/08/2004 at 14:08
tufty wrote
I just sent mine down to the Family Planning clinic and the doc put her on the pill.

lol

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
jif
26/08/2004 at 14:17
try wearing drain pipe trousers

VDA#5

Proud & Official owner of 60% of Tazzie's Ass, So if you want some you gotta ask me
26/08/2004 at 14:21
Knees are very dodgy things indeed, I came off my bike and did my knee in last Bank Holiday Monday, 31st of June and its still healing now.

The bit directly above my knee cap is still numb to the touch, which is where most of the swelling took place and hurt most when I did it.

I have seen the on site nurse at work a couple of times because it seemed to be taking ages to heal and he isn't the least bit worried about its progress. Because it is doing exactly that makin good slow progress, I still can't bend it totally back nor can I kneel on it, but its getting there.

Go and see your GP and seek prper help with it, as if you don't get it right you could open yourself up to allsorts of problems.

Good luck with it.

TC BH xXx

'Don't take life seriously, no one gets out alive!'

'Life is sexually transmitted......'

'Bi-sexuality doubles your chances of a date!'

VD - NCC ; 011

VDUC # 01 (Founder Member)

TIT # 241C

Girlie T.W.A.T#4
26/08/2004 at 14:22
Baby Hornet wrote
...... last Bank Holiday Monday, 31st of June and its still healing now......

Shit my boss made me work that day

The only people worth trying to form a relationship with, are the ones you are scared will say 'no'.
If you only ever go for people you are sure will say yes, or people where you don't mind either way, you are only living half a life.
Life is like a box of chocolates
VDDC#03FM - Negative Buoyancy Provider

26/08/2004 at 14:23
Baby Hornet wrote
and he isn't the least bit worried about its progress.

I'm not worried about your knee's progress, either.

HB
26/08/2004 at 14:30
Strawbs, best get it seen to professionally... ya dont want to make more trouble for yourself

might see ya up the hospital

HB
x

26/08/2004 at 14:36
If your GPs surgery is the same as ours they'll have a nurse who will deal with injures such as this.

Give them a call.

PE HEL Performance
PE Maidstone Motoliner Centre
Triumph Street Triple R

26/08/2004 at 14:38
when i came off my bike my knee had to be drained of blood. first they put a local anesthetic into my knee, and then they got a big needle with a syringe and sucked quite a lot of blood out.

Adam K
msn - adamkendal@hotmail.com
Husband of - Fallen Angel (1st wife) and Spitfire (reserve wife)
SNSG#333, YU#41, VDP#3, WME#500/1, TIT#193/B, SPIC#167/70
26/08/2004 at 14:42
'it it wiv a 'ammer

HTH

don't forget this little boy...
26/08/2004 at 15:21
I think that fluid in the knee can be sorted with a tubigrip though if it's not long enough then the fluid will just move downhill to your leg/ankle.

Go see your doctor.

26/08/2004 at 15:27
Strawberry wrote
Ok I had an off a couple of weeks ago and one of the things I battered was my knee. Not broken and swelling has gone down hugely but its still fairly full of fluid.

Knocked it at work again today and it hurt like hell.
I was wondering If draining off the fluid would help it heal faster ? and could this be done by just stickin a large needle into my knee (and be ready with a cloth )

Or would I just be better letting it heal naturally and let the fluid go away on its own ?

Anyone have any experiance with this kinda thing.
Im off back out to work but i'll check in later
Thanks in advance

The knee is a sterile structure and if you introduce infection into it you will have major problems. Best bet is see your GP. He might drain it for you.
But just draining the fluid off doesn't usually solve the problem unless you've dealt with what's caused the fluid to build up in the first place. A tubigrip worn in the day will encourage the fluid to disperse. Take it off at night.
26/08/2004 at 16:22
Strawberry wrote
... my knee...full of fluid....I was wondering If draining off the fluid would help it heal faster ? and could this be done by just stickin a large needle into my knee ...

I would stick the large needle into your head, as it obviously can't do any more damage there.

Oh....and go see a doctor about the knee.
1 to 20 of 28 messages