Do I have something wrong in my head?

14 messages
12/11/2007 at 22:47
I own a fireblade. It's my main bike, so main in fact that people regularly mock me, as its so dirty it has the appearance that I've done the Paris-Dakar on it... I've recently taking up learning to be a motorcycle instructor, and its not quite the best bike... Anyway a trip to Ebay later and I now have a GPZ500s as a winter/instructor/commuter...

But here's the concern... Why do I find it so much more fun to ride? It's like a bicycle with a big engine, it goes through traffic like a machine, and I have to throw it into corners for fear of losing speed.... Why oh why do I find this bike MORE fun than my blade? is it because it cost £400 and I care little for it? I dont know... anyone know of this 'love of a crap bike' disease? or the reasons for it?!?!?!
12/11/2007 at 22:48
You're posting on here, do you need to ask? Daft lad

Yawn! It's wearing a little thin now, don't you think?

Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think.

Launchcast Cradley_Kawasaki

onli mrns Us txt spk
PG
12/11/2007 at 22:50
Because oodles of easy power and sublime handling may mean a fast laptime, but on the road it usually means bloody boring.

Welcome to the enlightened side .
PG
12/11/2007 at 22:52
His blade is outside my house so i can clean it because he never does it. Anybody want a fire blade? Ill start the bidding at two pound fifty and a mars bar

http://a253.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/41/l_f4693a4626a4617a3ccd50d1c72fa24c.jpg
12/11/2007 at 22:52
MetusUK wrote
I own a fireblade. It's my main bike, so main in fact that people regularly mock me, as its so dirty it has the appearance that I've done the Paris-Dakar on it... I've recently taking up learning to be a motorcycle instructor, and its not quite the best bike... Anyway a trip to Ebay later and I now have a GPZ500s as a winter/instructor/commuter...

But here's the concern... Why do I find it so much more fun to ride? It's like a bicycle with a big engine, it goes through traffic like a machine, and I have to throw it into corners for fear of losing speed.... Why oh why do I find this bike MORE fun than my blade? is it because it cost £400 and I care little for it? I dont know... anyone know of this 'love of a crap bike' disease? or the reasons for it?!?!?!

it's called "feed back", or possibly "user satisfaction".

often associated with smaller bikes, it's derived from the fact that to maintain a certain amount of "progress" the rider must make more effort him(her)self, thus becoming more involved and less of a passenger.

HTH.

Great Prophet of Veedism.
non quod sed quomodo
"BBQ fluid is a sweaty one night stand compared to the long term relationship of a properly burning wood fire."
Cool in a fuddy-duddy old fart kinda way - Wingnut
12/11/2007 at 22:53
Fielder wrote
His blade is outside my house so i can clean it because he never does it. Anybody want a fire blade? Ill start the bidding at two pound fifty and a mars bar

I've got some chocolate coins?

Great Prophet of Veedism.
non quod sed quomodo
"BBQ fluid is a sweaty one night stand compared to the long term relationship of a properly burning wood fire."
Cool in a fuddy-duddy old fart kinda way - Wingnut
13/11/2007 at 02:18
I've had the same problem for some time, I have a really nice car in the garage, however I prefer my day-to-day car, I have a nice bike in the garage however I used to prefer the supermoto.

I put it down to not giving a toss about the lesser biker thus being able to have more fun!
13/11/2007 at 02:31
Cheap vehicles are great, you don't give a toss about them so can take them to their (or your) limits.

Plus, if you nonhandle your little bike at maximum beanage is not going to be quite as bad as doing with the big bike.
13/11/2007 at 02:33
Blades are nice bikes but to be honest I would rather have a Yamaha!

/members/images/160615/Gallery/vd-qwak.jpg/members/images/160615/Gallery/Cat.jpg
13/11/2007 at 07:37
It is a Honda, of course it is boring. Kawasakis are much more fun to ride
13/11/2007 at 08:07
commuter bikeage = more useable power, less weight, skinnier tyres meaning quick turn-in, and less to worry about in the event of a spill.
13/11/2007 at 08:14
kwikkwak1971 wrote
It is a Honda, of course it is boring. Kawasakis are much more fun to ride

IS what I was rolling down the page to write
13/11/2007 at 09:11
Nakeds rock.

Even the big ones are fun..

Orange Z1000 with a few mods....
13/11/2007 at 09:17
MetusUK wrote
I've recently taking up learning to be a motorcycle instructor

Don't worry about the 500 . . .

. . . You'll work your way down to a Pan or BMW soon

Training info is (C) Malcolm Palmer. He asserts his right to be identified as author under the Copyright Design Patents Act 1988 & may be quoted only as part of a post in the Visordown bb by another board member. Author should be contacted for written permission before any other use, storage, transmission or recording, by any means.

Read my mutterings:

http://the-ride-info.blogspot.com/

Your say
email image
14 messages