Do I have something wrong in my head?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Do I have something wrong in my head?

I own a fireblade. It's my main bike, so main in fact that people regularly mock me, as its so dirty it has the appearance that I've done the Paris-Dakar on it... I've recently taking up learning to be a motorcycle instructor, and its not quite the best bike... Anyway a trip to Ebay later and I now have a GPZ500s as a winter/instructor/commuter...

But here's the concern... Why do I find it so much more fun to ride? It's like a bicycle with a big engine, it goes through traffic like a machine, and I have to throw it into corners for fear of losing speed.... Why oh why do I find this bike MORE fun than my blade? is it because it cost £400 and I care little for it? I dont know... anyone know of this 'love of a crap bike' disease? or the reasons for it?!?!?!

You're posting on here, do you need to ask? Daft lad

Because oodles of easy power and sublime handling may mean a fast laptime, but on the road it usually means bloody boring.Welcome to the enlightened side .

His blade is outside my house so i can clean it because he never does it. Anybody want a fire blade? Ill start the bidding at two pound fifty and a mars bar

MetusUK wrote

I own a fireblade. It's my main bike, so main in fact that people regularly mock me, as its so dirty it has the appearance that I've done the Paris-Dakar on it... I've recently taking up learning to be a motorcycle instructor, and its not quite the best bike... Anyway a trip to Ebay later and I now have a GPZ500s as a winter/instructor/commuter...But here's the concern... Why do I find it so much more fun to ride? It's like a bicycle with a big engine, it goes through traffic like a machine, and I have to throw it into corners for fear of losing speed.... Why oh why do I find this bike MORE fun than my blade? is it because it cost £400 and I care little for it? I dont know... anyone know of this 'love of a crap bike' disease? or the reasons for it?!?!?!

it's called "feed back", or possibly "user satisfaction".often associated with smaller bikes, it's derived from the fact that to maintain a certain amount of "progress" the rider must make more effort him(her)self, thus becoming more involved and less of a passenger.HTH.

Fielder wrote

His blade is outside my house so i can clean it because he never does it. Anybody want a fire blade? Ill start the bidding at two pound fifty and a mars bar

I've got some chocolate coins?

I've had the same problem for some time, I have a really nice car in the garage, however I prefer my day-to-day car, I have a nice bike in the garage however I used to prefer the supermoto.I put it down to not giving a toss about the lesser biker thus being able to have more fun!

Cheap vehicles are great, you don't give a toss about them so can take them to their (or your) limits.Plus, if you nonhandle your little bike at maximum beanage is not going to be quite as bad as doing with the big bike.

Blades are nice bikes but to be honest I would rather have a Yamaha!

It is a Honda, of course it is boring. Kawasakis are much more fun to ride

commuter bikeage = more useable power, less weight, skinnier tyres meaning quick turn-in, and less to worry about in the event of a spill.

kwikkwak1971 wrote

It is a Honda, of course it is boring. Kawasakis are much more fun to ride

IS what I was rolling down the page to write

Nakeds rock.Even the big ones are fun..

MetusUK wrote

I've recently taking up learning to be a motorcycle instructor

Don't worry about the 500 . . . . . . You'll work your way down to a Pan or BMW soon

Follow Visordown

Latest Bike News

Crash Media Group
Visordown is part of the CMG Full Throttle Network© : welcoming over 3 million consumers each month