Different europeon standards for bikes?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Different europeon standards for bikes?

For example, german bikes can't be sold over with 100bhp.

What are the others ?

Italian bikes have one forward and five reverse gears.

Irn Bru Freak wrote

For example, german bikes can't be sold over with 100bhp.What are the others ?

so what do they do with r1`s etc

formula400 wrote

so what do they do with r1`s etc

They restrict them.Although most German's buy more useful bikes.

The scotch don't buy brand new bikes - they're too tight

France is the same as the 100 bhp thing

DRLs are mandatory in Sweden & Finland, suspect they are in Denmark too

Headlights pattern are mirrored I believe NL also has a 100 bhp limit.Now most UK bikes have hazard lights, but it used to be another difference.

germany now allows bike to be sold without the 100bhp restriction, has been the case for the past 2 years. It was more a self imposed limit unlike the strict french 100bhp where the manufacturers parts warehouse in france cant even stock the parts to derestrict the bikes!!!, which is often done with cams and cylinder heads not just ecu!!Isnt austria quite strict on emmisions too???

Eff Bee wrote

Isnt austria quite strict on emmisions too???

Swtzerland is - although that isn't really Europe....

chazza wrote

The scotch don't buy brand new bikes - they're too tight

Totally out of context,pish poor baiting attempt.I rate this reply a 1

FJSRiDER wrote

Swtzerland is - although that isn't really Europe....

Of course it's really Europe. It's not Africa or Asia, is it? It's not EU.

Olly wrote

It's not EU.

And therefore is not required to conform to 'European' standards.

FJSRiDER wrote

And therefore is not required to conform to 'European' standards.

Ah, but did he mean european as in the geographical continent, or as in the EU, which seems to take in anyone who wants to join. And some who didn't.

Bike Breaker wrote

Ah, but did he mean european as in the geographical continent, or as in the EU, which seems to take in anyone who wants to join. And some who didn't.

Indeed. In which case Switzerland had some draconian noise legislation. I nearly didn't get let in on my Jota over 20 years ago! Wish they had too - it is a crappy excuse for a country.

Eff Bee wrote

germany now allows bike to be sold without the 100bhp restriction, has been the case for the past 2 years. It was more a self imposed limit unlike the strict french 100bhp where the manufacturers parts warehouse in france cant even stock the parts to derestrict the bikes!!!, which is often done with cams and cylinder heads not just ecu!!

Are you sure that keeping (and selling) parts for derestricted bikes is illegal? Bikes can be registered for track use only, in which case the 100 bhp limit obviously doesn't apply. Surely these bikes have to be maintained too.

Follow Visordown

Top News

Crash Media Group
Visordown is part of the CMG Full Throttle Network© : welcoming over 3 million consumers each month