Chinese new year / Astrology stuff

1 to 20 of 24 messages
09/02/2005 at 08:44
Never taken much notice of this stuff before, but this year for some reason I thought I'd take a look..
It seems I'm a Pig and this is what it said about me:
Those born under the sign of the pig can seem too good to be true. Sincere, loyal, caring and honourable to a fault, the pig will seek to do right by everyone. Pigs will nearly always be described as 'nice' by those that come across them.
Deeply trusting of others, the pig will expect that everyone lives by the same values and has an almost child-like belief in the goodness of everyone. As a result, and because they tend to find it difficult to take advice, pigs can be caught off-guard in business.

The pig's one fault is that, as his name would suggest, he doesn't always know when to stop indulging. Like the sheep, the pig is driven by the aesthetic. Pigs love to be surrounded by beauty and style and so can become trapped in a cycle of shopping until they, and their credit cards, drop!
They have a penchant for fine food, vintage wines and designer labels because only the best is good enough and so they may end up being dismissed by some people as snobs.

I've split the quote into two parts because the top section is scarily right, while the second part could not possibly be more wrong.
Not sure about the too good to be true part that's a bit OTT, but I'd certainly consider myself sincere, loyal and caring, yet I couldn't care less about fine food, posh wine or designer labels. I'm not sure how much of that is nature and how much is nurture though.

Considering this is supposed to be traits that apply to a greater or lesser extent to everyone born in a particular year, I wondered how many people could look at something like this and think - hey that's absolutly me!
If mine is 'half right' maybe half the people born under a 'sign' have one half of the traits and half have the other.

Look up your Chinese year of the _____ sign and see what you think..
money.msn.co.uk/investing/Insight/SpecialFeatures/ChineseNewYear/Intro/default.asp

Don't tell me I can't!
Funk#2. VDP#21* VDA#41. VDSC#9.
Chloroform not required ~ just add alcohol
(100% carnivore)

09/02/2005 at 09:03
LOL I was thinking mine had some truth in it, right up until I saw the convenient advert at the bottom and realised the whole thing has been building up to an advertising opportunity

Rats make great businesspeople - their legendary intelligence, aggressive ambition and quick wits mean that they often achieve more in 24 hours than others do in as many days.

However, their drive and perfectionism means that it is almost impossible to work with or for a Rat, so their success will rarely extend beyond themselves - they are not empire builders they're maverick entrepreneurs.

Although typically successful, Rats are rarely content. They always believe that something bigger and better is around the corner but instead of planning for the future choose to live in the moment. So, if not hugely succesful, the rat might be a bankrupt! No such thing as half measures for typical rats

Money is spent as it is earned. Investment is not a word in the rat's financial dictionary. Because the Rat has no ability to envisage the future - s/he is unable to plan for it and will rarely have a pension, insurance and health plans or money for a rainy day. They are far more likely to invest in a spur of the moment fashion purchase, holiday or big night out.

Never borrow money from a Rat, because although generous in the spur of the moment, rats are thrifty with hindsight and will charge huge amounts of interest on any loan!

Famous rats include: Liam Gallagher, Geri Halliwell, Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Ben Affleck (all born 1972), Carol Vorderman, Hugh Grant, Leslie Ash (all born 1960), Prince Charles, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Judy Finnigan (all born 1948).

Instead of borrowing from a rat, click here for the best deals on personal loans

www.feistyracing.co.uk
Born to be wild, hemmed in by the system...
Proud recipient of (VDCR 27.5) TiT #52AA IANAN #80085 Hon. Mem. Ard n Fast #21 VDA #80085 SSC2 #80085 LMJ Biatch #2 SNSG #80085 FNEN #80085 SSAD #80085

Latest addition VDDC#2FM Bloooooop blooop bloooooop
Owned and controlled by Jif... it's all his fault... stroppy fek
ABF
09/02/2005 at 09:14
Bloody hell Tazzie; that's me too! Looks like it's a little more than half-right.
09/02/2005 at 09:16
The monkey is intelligent, successful and well liked by everyone they meet

With endless enthusiasm and energy, monkeys are one of the few signs that can turn almost any project into a success and make a fortune from nothing. Monkeys have enormous charisma and often become famous in their chosen field.

The monkey can be self-centered and unscrupulous in business matters. They are driven by money and will often put profits ahead of sound business strategy.

But their quick wits and ability to charm anyone, mean that they normally succeed where others might have failed. You will rarely meet a monkey living on the poverty line.

Famous monkeys include: Darius Danesh (1980), Kylie Minogue, Damon Albarn, Guy Ritchie (all born 1968), Michael Douglas, and Mick Jagger (both born 1944).

Hmm... :burp:

I see a boundary. I eat that boundary and wash it down with a steaming hot cup of rules...
Race reports and pics at - www.nakedracingproject.com
Supporting the Greenpeace Esperanza's anti-whaling expedition to the Pacific.
09/02/2005 at 09:28
Wingnut wrote

With endless enthusiasm and energy, monkeys are one of the few signs that can turn almost any project into a success and make a fortune from nothing. Monkeys have enormous charisma and often become famous in their chosen field.

The monkey can be self-centered and unscrupulous in business matters. They are driven by money and will often put profits ahead of sound business strategy.

But their quick wits and ability to charm anyone, mean that they normally succeed where others might have failed. You will rarely meet a monkey living on the poverty line.

Famous monkeys include: Darius Danesh (1980), Kylie Minogue, Damon Albarn, Guy Ritchie (all born 1968), Michael Douglas, and Mick Jagger (both born 1944).

From one monkey to another :smoke:
However, I've never made a fortune from anything, I know what a poverty line is and as for being a success in my chosen field...hmmm Professor Emma has a nice ring to it
Also, it's Feb 9th today, not 8th as that page says

04 Z750

VD-SCAB #3

BMW:http://www.bahnstormer.co.uk/

My Room 101: Rossi, Shakespeare, Comic Relief
09/02/2005 at 09:31
kwik wrote
From one monkey to another :smoke:
And another!

(Hardly any of it applies to me.)

Just because I don't, that doesn't mean I can't.
09/02/2005 at 09:32
Wingnut wrote

Monkies of the world unite, most of the above is true but hey ho what you going to do :smoke:

Mr. Tibbs hits the nail on the head when it comes to what happens if you help the environment.

Mr Tibbs wrote
You'll be a fucking hero and some sort of tree-hugging yoghurt-weaving organisation is bound to reward you with free sandals and worry-beads for the rest of your low-impact environmentally friendly life.

Every man should have a shed where he can potter, Visordown is my shed on the internet
09/02/2005 at 09:34
go_slow wrote
Monkies of the world unite, most of the above is true but hey ho what you going to do :smoke:

So, are we all witty, charming, intelligent and rich with oodles of charisma?

04 Z750

VD-SCAB #3

09/02/2005 at 09:34
fazerdaze wrote
It seems I'm a Pig and this is what it said about me:

Hmmm. Well I looked up my definition recently (Horse) and thought "Hey that's scarily accurate, for about half of it" but now looking at that definition for the Pig, I'd probably have thought the same. Maybe it's the nice part of each that everyone likes to think applies to them, and the 'failings' part that people are a little more choosy over what they accept.

Just a thought...

-- Kev the skeptic who'd like to believe

If at first you don't succeed: try to think of something funnier to put in your sig.
T.W.A.T #5 (With)
Training in Lancashire? Give this lot a call. Riverview Rider Training.
Bike spares and stuff in Warrington : RD5
How do you hunt a welsh cheese monster?

09/02/2005 at 09:35
kwik wrote
So, are we all witty, charming, intelligent and rich with oodles of charisma?

Yes.

Can you lend me a few quid so I can get a beer?

I see a boundary. I eat that boundary and wash it down with a steaming hot cup of rules...
09/02/2005 at 09:39
Wingnut wrote
Yes.

Can you lend me a few quid so I can get a beer?

No

I'll see if I can charm the barstaff for a freebie

04 Z750

VD-SCAB #3

09/02/2005 at 09:40
kwik wrote
No

I'll see if I can charm the barstaff for a freebie

Okay, you charm her and I'll nip behind the bar and pour us a round of drinks :smoke:

Mr. Tibbs hits the nail on the head when it comes to what happens if you help the environment.

Mr Tibbs wrote
You'll be a fucking hero and some sort of tree-hugging yoghurt-weaving organisation is bound to reward you with free sandals and worry-beads for the rest of your low-impact environmentally friendly life.

Every man should have a shed where he can potter, Visordown is my shed on the internet
09/02/2005 at 09:45
go_slow wrote
Okay, you charm her and I'll nip behind the bar and pour us a round of drinks :smoke:

Cool, I'll throw in some witty repartee (sp?), really keep 'em on the ball and Wingnut can throw around his charisma - he usually does.

I think we'd make good beggars, perhaps that's how we can get rich?

04 Z750

VD-SCAB #3

09/02/2005 at 09:46
go_slow wrote

Nice.......... :smoke:

Ooook :burp:

Whaddya mean 'throw around my charisma'?

09/02/2005 at 09:49
Another monkey here! Wonder if bikers in particular are a certain type? Should make this a poll to find out.

Your Celebrity Boob Twin:

Geri Halliwell

09/02/2005 at 09:55
kaideejee wrote
Maybe it's the nice part of each that everyone likes to think applies to them, and the 'failings' part that people are a little more choosy over what they accept.

-- Kev the skeptic who'd like to believe

I wouldn't necessarily class the second part of my predicted traits as a failing, it just doesn't apply to me. My values lie in the first half of the traits, friendships and people, not material things.

Don't tell me I can't!
Funk#2. VDP#21* VDA#41. VDSC#9.
Chloroform not required ~ just add alcohol
(100% carnivore)

09/02/2005 at 09:59
Bikerbird 400 wrote
Wonder if bikers in particular are a certain type?

In all seriousness, bikers tend to be rather charismatic and have strong personalities (with exceptions ) when compared to the great car-driving unwashed.

09/02/2005 at 10:18
It's my year this year!

Roosters tend to be very focused in their goals. They have a 'sixth sense' about their future careers, being in the right place at the right time, and often experience success at a young age.

Heh. True. Very much so.

Roosters like to be noticed. They are sometimes criticised for being attention seeking and often dress in extravagant clothes, live in big houses and drive fast cars.

Not so true. Well, I'd like a big house. Don't think I own, nor long to own extravagant clothes. Wouldn't mind a 916SPS tho'!

Of all the signs, they're the most obsessed with their appearance and will think nothing of spending a fortune on an expensive beauty treatment, designer outfit or luxury accessory.

Nivea for men, if that counts. Other than that, nope.

However, deep down roosters are actually very conservative. They're prepared to work hard to achieve their goals, are highly organised and disciplined and strongly family orientated.

Er. Ish.

Although money is no object when it comes to looks, roosters are extremely thrifty in other areas of their lives and will compare prices endlessly. They're thrilled to find a mortgage for 1% less than their neighbour, will buy food from the 'on offer' trolley and save money-off coupons.

So not true. If I think of all the money I've wasted...

Famous roosters include: Britney Spears, Anna Kournikova (both born 1981),

They're the same age as me, too!
09/02/2005 at 10:19
MildMatt wrote
Nivea for men, if that counts.

Nancy...

09/02/2005 at 10:21
21st Century biker: Freshly shaven, clean, with excellent pores. Always thinking about the kittens...

1 to 20 of 24 messages