Bradford City Gone Into Administration

1 to 20 of 27 messages
16/05/2002 at 15:09
its a shame, but they are going to be the first of many I think
16/05/2002 at 15:11
There will be more, Bury FC @ my end of the country is hanging on by a thread, even had players out begging with buckets in Bury town centre, how sad

Fecking greedy fecking TV companies

The Cat
Wot !! Only 3 points c*ntstuble, How about 9 for artistic interpretation.

Derby Phoenix Thunderbikes : No 58 Suzuki GSXR 750 SRAD T.I.B Racing

TIB Racing WebSite
16/05/2002 at 15:12
My brother will be pi$$ed off at that one - he used to go see them all the time.

IANAN #6 / PIC OAP #1664 / VDA #54 / FRM #4 / TIT #140A
Roadcraft, Nottingham
Granby Motors, Beeston, Nottingham
16/05/2002 at 15:13
Yorick wrote

This is my home town club, and it is sad.

coming from Mr. Man Utd supporter!

Anything typed by 'knee_boarder' is likely to be (C) Stephen Wilkinson, who asserts his right to be identified as the author under the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988 It may be quoted only as part of a post within the Visordown bulletin board by another board member. The author should be contacted for written permission before any other use, storage, transmission or recording, by any means.

TSSC#1
16/05/2002 at 15:18
Shit Appens !!!

About time they went bump ! footballers are paid far to much

Surely they cant blame it all on ITV Digital - Tossers

Neon Green Powerball "11923 RPM" Feb 2010 Abarth 500 bikes all gone 2005 bad times

16/05/2002 at 15:43
so what happens now.

the receivers come in, sell the club grounds and trophies, to a company called Bradford United.

The players all get a free transfer to the new club, the club pleads with the FA to let them into the division and bob is your auntie's husband.....

Personal Endorsements

DC Butler Spannering/MOT/Spares, Hertfordshire
16/05/2002 at 15:48
Huddersfiled town has a wage bill of 4 million and where are they.
Its not ITV dig is spend far to much on players when your wage bill alone is more than 100% of your income its mad. Football as for a long time been living on rich guys and kind banks . To many clubs and to many players on high wages its been coming for ome TV . The Primeaship is next Sky as already side next time they will pay less .

The fountain of all wisdom … right next to the pit of stupidity , should have gone left rather than right then?
16/05/2002 at 15:57
That's market forces at work. The clubs wanted too much money, the TV co. paid it, Joe Public said 'no thanks'. Bubble bursts.

I once had a Volvo, but I don't want to talk about it.

In winter 1968 his mother was sexually assaulted by a monkey whilst working as knife thrower for the circus. Given away at birth because of his hideous appearance and hairy toes, he was unaware that monkey genes would enable him to stay upright under the most testing of conditions. However, he soon discovered this talent and realised that he could use this extraordinary power to fight evil and make the world a safer place, but instead decided to sit on his arse all day wasting time on VISORDOWN........

16/05/2002 at 16:09
sorry but this is about bloody time

Any other business would have to have controlled expendature.

13 mil in debt? How on earth were they gonna make any money. How many shirts do they sell? How many through the gates? Sorry but its about bleedin time clubs started to act like proper businesses. Good riddance I say. Fancy payin 40,00 a week for a player.

No one but the greedy clubs have got themselves to blame. The players are demanding high wages as the clubs make so much off their backs. Its a catch 22 so tough tits

I'd rather be a skunks pussy than ginger
16/05/2002 at 16:33
Stig wrote

13 mil in debt? How on earth were they gonna make any money. How many shirts do they sell? How many through the gates? Sorry but its about bleedin time clubs started to act like proper businesses. Good riddance I say. Fancy payin 40,00 a week for a player.

No one but the greedy clubs have got themselves to blame. The players are demanding high wages as the clubs make so much off their backs. Its a catch 22 so tough tits

What staggers me is that many of the directors of football clubs are people that are no strangers to business .. there are many with successful companies in which they are the majority shareholder. These are often very wealthy guys, but they seem to forget the basics when it comes to running a modern footbal club.

The first thing you have got to do is balance the income and expenditure so that you are earning a little more than the players, ground etc cost. Everthing stems from that !

I doubt if any of the clubs in question have any real hope of paying off the debts they have incurred. A lot has been paid to the players and agents and its forced the beatiful game to the edge. Now, alls fair, if you have the talent you deserve the money - but the money has got to be there in the first place.

I doubt if even Renaldo playing for QPR through a season would guarantee filling all the seats and the TOTAL Gate money possible would only be in the order of £300,000 a game if it was packed to the roof (or in Rangers case the loft )

The whole thing is a mess and more than a little sordid - I don't hink are going to get better any time soon..... do you?

TiT#007-E 2V/2#4 SB#5
Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
Typed by an idiot, from an idea conceived by an infinite number of monkeys
Personal Endorsements
Mo-Clean, FWR, Motomecca Spares,Corsa Italiana, Arai & Roof Lids, , Biker Den and Visordown Toy Runs
Motorcycle City, Bikes Unlimited, South Wales Superbikes, Corp of London, Westminster City Council and bike parking provision everwhere
16/05/2002 at 16:44
Football is a victim of it's own greed...

TiT#146A
B Wybrow Motorcycles (Essex) | Thurrock Motorcycle Training (Essex) | David Silver Spares
Rates Ford (Essex)
16/05/2002 at 16:45
Bad news. Always had a soft spot for Bradford City as it's where my Mother's side of the family hail from.

Surely this is where the National Lottery should be stepping in to help save these clubs ? They are, after all, longstanding sporting institutions and play a big part in their respective communitites.

With pleasure...
16/05/2002 at 16:52
Stig wrote

Greedy, greedy players!

I dont care what u do, no one is worth £50k a week to do anything!

If te clubs are stupid enough to pay it, I am darned tootin the players are stupid enough to take it

I have said it before, and no doubt will say it again, football REALLY is the new religion for the unthinking masses.
It is a grade A opiate and sop which allows the unfulfilled life an ounce of hope in a harsh world

Yeah? whatever!
16/05/2002 at 17:06
adamski wrote

I have said it before, and no doubt will say it again, football REALLY is the new religion for the unthinking masses.
It is a grade A opiate and sop which allows the unfulfilled life an ounce of hope in a harsh world

Grade A opiate ? In which case the NHS should step in.

With pleasure...
16/05/2002 at 20:45
so sad feel for the fans ,football threw& threw me but like alot of people said it is a business and should be run like one .like mine we are about 14 mill in red but i think we will pull out of it ,we have got some good people coming in business wize IMHO i think councils should sub football clubs

good luck to B.C.F.C.
16/05/2002 at 20:49

The University of Visordown M.SL.AP PHD (Master of Sleeping at Parties)[/B][/I][/COLOR]
TIT#19A BN9, WUSS#4 (Opp Norf), VDA#18, #(Silky Special),SSC2/1100,VDTD9Nov VPL GOG#5 SNSG#1959 BGB#2
PIC OAP#42 Shafties Can Wheelie & Countersteer
Nobber#3
TWAT #0.5
16/05/2002 at 20:57
There's enough money sloshing around in football to rescue all the clubs that are at risk, and build a dozen Wemblys. The clubs and players that have their hands on it don't want to spread it round.

If they don't give a fuck, why should we ?

The reason the clubs aren't getting the money they expected from the TV rights is, nobody wants to watch.

16/05/2002 at 23:03
The gravy train has just derailed

Sadly, it may mean the end for some old, historic and respected clubs. Sad waste of everything really.

For my sins, I support the same club as blue owl, if less obviously . The club is massively in debt and I fear for the future, although I don't think it will disappear, unlike many of the smaller clubs there are enough people of money and influence who would never watch it slide into oblivion

I understand the posts about business, but football ain't like a normal business and many forget that; sure it is when it comes to profit & loss, but when it comes to investment, people will chuck money at something they feel a tribal affinity for, regardless of the cost. If I had 20 million quid, I'd have no qualms in buying a seat on the board of Wednesday and giving them 5 mill of it, yes I know it's pathetic but having watched this club play football for over 25 years now, from the old Third division to the Premiership and now back by the skin of its teeth in the first, a number of losing cup ties and one memorable cup final victory over Man U, I'd bung loads of money their way - even though much of the cash has been pissed up the wall in the past

I'll shut up now but here's one tip for any board members of footy clubs; don't employ Trevor Francis as a manager, he's wank and will bankrupt you - HTH

PS Used to watch Bradford play a lot when I lived there, sadly it seems the dizzy heights of the Premiership made them opverstretch themselves. I hope they survive
16/05/2002 at 23:31
A shake-up is needed.

Football wages are obscene, some people & clubs are making massive amount of money out of it whilst others are scrabbling for a living.

Fans have been milked for years through paying stupid amounts for tickets and even more stupid amounts to cycnical marketers for crap clothing that is changed every season for summat else that's equally crap..and made for pennnies abroad.

Frankly, I am surprised it has lasted this long and, sad though it is for a team like Bradford, privately I am laughing at the idiots that runs the sport - the whole edifice is coming down and they've only got themselves to blame. Full of prima donnas and fat greedy pigs making too much wedge.
16/05/2002 at 23:35
Yeah, I know, but those who will suffer are the fans who may lose their teams, and the lower division players who don't make that much money at all

I know blokes who play for Camridge United and the average wage there is under a grand a week. Not bad money you may think, but when your career only lasts 15 years tops you ain't gonna retire on it

These are the guys who will get it in the neck - the big money boys will hardly be touched
1 to 20 of 27 messages