Becoming a motorcycle mechanic.....apprenticeship or trainee??

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Becoming a motorcycle mechanic.....apprenticeship or trainee??

Hi all,

i have been looking for a motorcycle apprenticeship for months now and contacted a workshop today who are looking for a trainee,

im going in to see them on thursday to have a chat about it,

basically he said he could offer me an apprenticeship or a trainee job(my choice) and im not too sure which would be better to go for......

anybody have any advice/suggestions?

would be greatly appreciated

Get him to outline the real world differences to you. Job will pay more, were as apprenticeship would suggest they will deduct some of your pay to help towards a course or qualification.
Either way expect to be making alot of Tea

As a trainee, would you still have time to go to college etc to gain the qualifications required?

Well it is really good to have knowledge in how to repair motorcycle for at least you will know how to fix your own motorcycle, but if you have to pay for it then its your call on what really is your priorities.Pimp my RIDE

cheers guys, yeah he did say the trainee position would end in a qualification but im not sure if that means college etc, but yeah i assume the wage as an apprentice will be the standard £95 a week but will have to think of it in the long run!"Either way expect to be making alot of Tea "yeah i agree!!

motorcycle mechanic must have passed mechanic’s training from a recognized and accredited motorcycle mechanic’s institute or school. So do your due diligence: check online reviews, visit the Better Business Bureau website and ask to see his/her certificate of completion.

I am desperately looking for a motorcycle apprenticeship in the Lewisham/Greenwich or S.E. London area.  I am currently going to a workshop in Forest Hill and enjoy all aspects of my work there.  I urgently require assistance in pursuing a career in motorcycle mechanics.  Can anybody assist please?

Follow Visordown

Latest Bike News

Crash Media Group
Visordown is part of the CMG Full Throttle Network© : welcoming over 3 million consumers each month