Becoming a motorcycle mechanic.....apprenticeship or trainee??

6 messages
27/04/2010 at 18:31

Hi all,

i have been looking for a motorcycle apprenticeship for months now and contacted a workshop today who are looking for a trainee,

im going in to see them on thursday to have a chat about it,

basically he said he could offer me an apprenticeship or a trainee job(my choice) and im not too sure which would be better to go for......

anybody have any advice/suggestions?

would be greatly appreciated

27/04/2010 at 19:31
Get him to outline the real world differences to you. Job will pay more, were as apprenticeship would suggest they will deduct some of your pay to help towards a course or qualification.
Either way expect to be making alot of Tea
27/04/2010 at 21:27
As a trainee, would you still have time to go to college etc to gain the qualifications required?

If the Earth is the size of a pea in Britain, then the Sun is a beachball 50m away, Pluto is 4km away, and the next nearest star is in Tokyo. Now shrink Pluto's orbit into a coffee cup, then our Milky Way Galaxy fills North America

28/04/2010 at 10:32

cheers guys,

yeah he did say the trainee position would end in a qualification but im not sure if that means college etc, but yeah i assume the wage as an apprentice will be the standard £95 a week but will have to think of it in the long run!

"Either way expect to be making alot of Tea "

yeah i agree!!

05/12/2011 at 09:43
motorcycle mechanic must have passed mechanic’s training from a recognized and accredited motorcycle mechanic’s institute or school. So do your due diligence: check online reviews, visit the Better Business Bureau website and ask to see his/her certificate of completion.
09/07/2012 at 13:30

I am desperately looking for a motorcycle apprenticeship in the Lewisham/Greenwich or S.E. London area.  I am currently going to a workshop in Forest Hill and enjoy all aspects of my work there.  I urgently require assistance in pursuing a career in motorcycle mechanics.  Can anybody assist please?

Your say
email image
6 messages