BBC sign new MotoGP deal

10 messages
06/04/2004 at 17:23
see www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=6&nid=88969

basically they are going to show every round in full (not highlights) and 12 rounds are going to be shown live. Their deal has been extended to 2009.

Now if only they could get rid of Suzy Perry and get some better commentators (Julian Ryder springs to mind, I like Toby Moody but he's prone to going all Alan Partridge when you least expect it.)
06/04/2004 at 17:30
100% Jawbone wrote

basically they are going to show every round in full (not highlights) and 12 rounds are going to be shown live. Their deal has been extended to 2009.

Now if only they could get rid of Suzy Perry and get some better commentators (Julian Ryder springs to mind, I like Toby Moody but he's prone to going all Alan Partridge when you least expect it.)

yeah ditch suzi perry for a start...shes getting ropey.

julian ryder and steve parish would be good

good on the BBC somthing worth paying the license fee for

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;417/st/20100529/e/isle+of+man+TT/dt/6/k/b8a2/event.png
06/04/2004 at 17:40
Great news from the Beeb, got Eurosport myself, and find that far superior, but hey good for all you non-paying digi fans.

12 out of 14 live is fantastic, the only 2 they wont show my guess is Philip Island (3am in the morning) and Motegi, Japan, again about 5am.

But BBC realises that if they can build up Motogp, they could, in time, match Formula One, drop World Supers live.....

06/04/2004 at 18:09
Best thing ive read on VD for ages !!

Now all they have to do is make a better job of their WSB & BSB coverage and i'll be a happy bunny
wax
06/04/2004 at 19:38
Given their record so far that could be 12 live rounds between now and 2009.
06/04/2004 at 19:50
gonna stick with eurosport as i think their announce team are ace, but its gotta be good news that the top bike championship is going to be getting more mainstream showing.

result

I'm the man from Autoglass, want me to fill yer crack wiv me special resin???
06/04/2004 at 20:06
I watched the second BSB race on Grandstand last weekend. 5 mins highlights! Load o Shite

I like Eurosport.

Rich
06/04/2004 at 20:16
100% Jawbone wrote

great news indeed..but correct me if i'm wrong here, you'd rather watch Julian Ryder than Suzi Perry ??

Suzi Perry just does the intro bit, I thought Steve Parrish does the commentry !!

COR#42 SG#69 :smoke:

In the interests of the environment no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, but a huge number of electrons were inconvenienced temporarily
07/04/2004 at 07:26
Bobble wrote
great news indeed..but correct me if i'm wrong here, you'd rather watch Julian Ryder than Suzi Perry ??

Suzi Perry just does the intro bit, I thought Steve Parrish does the commentry !!

Its the word and thats confusing you 'Get rid of Suzi Perry and get some better commentators.'
I'm requesting they carry out two things not one

HTH
07/04/2004 at 08:09
wax wrote
Given their record so far that could be 12 live rounds between now and 2009.

I'd laugh, but that's probably true.
Your say
email image
10 messages