Avon Roadrider tyres - any good?

21 to 25 of 25 messages
10/02/2012 at 22:34
I love em on my connie , stick like glue in the twisties and track great on grooved pavement . Buying a new set shortly .
04/04/2012 at 19:35
Just put a set of Avon Roadriders on my Kawasaki GPX 600 as it has 16 inch wheels the choice of tyres is limited, previously I used 3 sets of Bridgestone BT45's. My bike does approx 7000 miles per year commuting so it's no weekend toy. So far the tyres give as much grip as the Bridgestones, and are predictable which counts, can't comment on mileage yet, but the avons are cheeper, and they have "Made in England" on the sidewall
08/04/2012 at 20:38

hi i have a gs 500 (suzuki) my bike has coverd 7500 mile on bt45s,

however although the front had plenty of tred left centre the sides became very steppy and uneven . the rear was on the limit at centre but as new either side so very uneven ware . i spoke to a motorcycle tyre supplier who recomended me to change to roadriders (am26s) as they offer better value for money and are a longer lasting product with the same preformance as bridgestones ......

mine were supplied on loose wheels for £155 inc ...    a saving of £50    happy dayz    ...

15/08/2012 at 08:41

I bought an old K100 RT to commute into London on. It came with Roadriders fitted. I've now done over 10,000 miles with a mixture of dual carrageway speeds and heavy traffic filtering, all with lashings of rain. Initially i had a slow wobble at speed which i put down to the tyres but, after investigation, it turned out the forks were slightly bent! Once this was fixed the wobble reduced considerably, though has not disappeared completely. I wasn't sure about the Roadriders but they have worn very well and been great in the wet. I am going to replace them with the same.

02/09/2012 at 20:03

I have had 3 failures with my Road Riders. The bottom of the tread grooves cracked through to the casing. This has all happend this last year. I advise all users to check carefully. This defect is not obvious at casual inspection.

Back to Bridgestone for me.

Your say
email image
21 to 25 of 25 messages