Attn: Hairy Ben and any other M.U.F.F.S. brethren

12 messages
27/03/2005 at 18:32
I have just read an excellent article in MCN Sport about WSB rider Giovanni Bussei.

This guy is an absolute dude. He races for the love of it and shuns the corporate Euro. Apparently he's part of the Agnelli dynasty which own Fiat and Ferrari amongst others yet he declines financial assistance and goes WSB racing on the cheap, sleeping in his van and showering in the paddock. To sum up his attitude, he's the guy who selflessly gave Chris Vermulen a pillion ride back to the pits after he highsided on the warm up lap, ruining his own results placing at his home circuit in the process.

But enough of that... What will interest you most is his leathers. Yes, that's right, he races at 200mph with his tassles flying free. Instead of his name on the back of his suit, it merely says "Rock and Roll Racer". :smoke:

And if thast's not enough, check out the hair! Makes Rossi look like a right straight-edge.

27/03/2005 at 18:48
He's great isn't he..

HUUUUUGE thumbs up to anyone who can make their way through such a rigid sponsor friendly world like high class racing whilst still thumbing a nose at convention.

And to also have the class to give a lift to a fellow racer to keep his title challenge alive when you know you're going to get in trouble for it... well... hats off to him, really.

"I was suprised at how young you look, and you're much better looking than your
sig pic suggests.... But, yes, you're right, you are socially inadequate." ~ Ceri

"You've not met Ben, have you? When you do, all will become clear..." ~ Nik Samson

"You are the Osama bin Laden of fashion." ~ Splat

"Weirdo" ~ Billie

"Hairy Ben's always right. Never understimate his omnipotence." ~ londongal76
27/03/2005 at 18:51
I wonder if he has a fan club or website?...

It'd be cool if I could send him an email and see if he'd become a patron of the M.U.F.F.S.

sig pic suggests.... But, yes, you're right, you are socially inadequate." ~ Ceri

"You've not met Ben, have you? When you do, all will become clear..." ~ Nik Samson

"Weirdo" ~ Billie

27/03/2005 at 18:56
Back-in-Black wrote

Anyone who can sport a beard like that AND ride WSB deserves respect. Big up Giovanni.

ride in bike tyres

"Trample the weak, Hurdle the dead."
27/03/2005 at 19:05
prodders wrote
Anyone who can sport a beard like that AND ride WSB deserves respect. Big up Giovanni.

I'm sure there was a reason for it... like he wouldn't shave until he got a certain position in a race or a certain amount of points or something..

Or maybe he's just a scruffy nurk like me.

"Weirdo" ~ Billie

27/03/2005 at 19:09
He's a bit good. I didn't know much about him other than the name before reading that article. Rossi rates him highly and in that race where he was penalised for helping out Vermulen he posted the third fastest lap of the race on a three year old 998. Only the two works 999s went faster.

You should definitely send him a link to the M.U.F.F.S. thread Ben.

27/03/2005 at 19:10
Hairy Ben wrote
I'm sure there was a reason for it... like he wouldn't shave until he got a certain position in a race or a certain amount of points or something..

Or maybe he's just a scruffy nurk like me.

Regardless. It's impressive. If I try to grow a beard it's a wispy, grey/brown excuse for one, I'd love to be able to sport a full set like that. I'd wear it with pride.

ride in bike tyres

"Trample the weak, Hurdle the dead."
27/03/2005 at 19:11
Proof that not every Italian has style

Where can I donate blood?
© Everything I've written up there ^
27/03/2005 at 19:18
Back-in-Black wrote

You should definitely send him a link to the M.U.F.F.S. thread Ben.

I'll see what I can find tommorrow.

Dear Mr Bussei... I represent a bunch of like minded eeejits on an English web forum... will you be our frrriieend?

Fade to laughter, sudden realisation and finally, a restraining order...

"Weirdo" ~ Billie

tp
27/03/2005 at 19:18
He's shaved it off now - saw a pic of him at Qatar

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian 'Nostradamus' Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989

HELP!!! Looking for a garage share or garage in Clapham Help!!!
27/03/2005 at 19:41
Actually, it's ironic you should mention this... as it's almost a year to a day since M.U.F.F.S. (and the original thread) were founded, on a dull Easter bank holiday weekend.

"Weirdo" ~ Billie

03/07/2012 at 13:30

Hello guys. As an original member of M.U.F.F.S I would like to know if anyone took the plunge and got a tasselled race-suit?

If you want to see one I have pics

Used to be mongolloyd, but not anymore
Your say
email image
12 messages