Aprilia RSV 450

15 messages
02/04/2004 at 10:08
I saw an article in this weeks MCN about the new european release of an RS450 to plug the large gap in aprilia's range. I have been to www.apilia.com but can find no further information on the new bike... or even a picture!!

does this bike actually exist, or did MCN just do a mock up!!

As I'm looking to replace my CBR with something slightly smaller, this bike measures up well, and I have always like aprilia's does anyone have any links etc for this?
02/04/2004 at 10:13
well, as you already know, the engine is being used in their off road bike and their supermoto. The engine has been configured to have 6 gears which is perfect for a road going version and the Aprilia spokesperson has said that they would be mad not to make one for the road.

a 140kg bike that puts out between 70-80bhp would definitely be on my shopping list for a replacement for my current bikes.

Aprilia, bring it on.
02/04/2004 at 10:13
looks quite smart. However, i dont think it will match the performance of a 600 though

Nice enough looking though

Yamaha fzr 1000 exup.
02/04/2004 at 10:15
I'd like to think it was a genuine article & read it as if it was but..

if, as you say there's no mention of it on the official Aprilia site & I don't remember seeing anything on RSVR.net & I picked my copy of MCN up on 1st April, could it be an April fools gag?

(or maybe it was Aprilia to be bought out by BMW)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/lee337.jpg

www.dirtyswine4x4.co.uk
Countryside Recreational Access Group
www.crag-uk.org
02/04/2004 at 10:16
matteh wrote

looks quite smart. However, i dont think it will match the performance of a 600 though

Nice enough looking though

sounds to me like you haven't read the article.
02/04/2004 at 10:19
Saki wrote

I'd like to think it was a genuine article & read it as if it was but..

if, as you say there's no mention of it on the official Aprilia site & I don't remember seeing anything on RSVR.net & I picked my copy of MCN up on 1st April, could it be an April fools gag?

(or maybe it was Aprilia to be bought out by BMW)

MCN came out on 31st of march.

I hope it wasn't an April fools

But I fear you might be right.

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars and glory lasts forever.
VDA#35
Personal Endorsements
Fuel Silencers
Radio FastEddy
02/04/2004 at 10:21
02/04/2004 at 10:24
There is a bit more here

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars and glory lasts forever.
VDA#35
Personal Endorsements
Fuel Silencers
Radio FastEddy
02/04/2004 at 10:28
if it is an april fools gag then I will have to burn the MCN offices to the ground!!

an april fools gag should be something out of the ordinary i.e. selling up everything to BMW. but announcing a new bike, unless it has a built in toaster or can go 400 mpg, is not an april fool

I will be most unimpressed!!

FastEddy wrote

MCN came out on 31st of march.

I hope it wasn't an April fools

But I fear you might be right.
02/04/2004 at 10:30
Mungler wrote

if it is an april fools gag then I will have to burn the MCN offices to the ground!!

It was discussed on here last week, MCN are off the pace as usual. Not an April Fools gag then, but also perhaps only an idea at this stage.
02/04/2004 at 10:33
fulltilt wrote

It was discussed on here last week, MCN are off the pace as usual. Not an April Fools gag then, but also perhaps only an idea at this stage.

it would seem that all the building blocks are readily available, the V-Twin engine is already in use in some motocross bikes. It will fit in the existing 250 frame (assuming only minor mods)
so hopefully the time to market of this bike is already near the end of it's plan.

I don't mind though, it will be ages before I have fixed up the CBR ready for sale
02/04/2004 at 10:47
if it had the power of a 600, I'd be quite tempted too

Anything typed by 'knee_boarder' is likely to be (C) Stephen Wilkinson, who asserts his right to be identified as the author under the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988 It may be quoted only as part of a post within the Visordown bulletin board by another board member. The author should be contacted for written permission before any other use, storage, transmission or recording, by any means.

TSSC#1
02/04/2004 at 10:53
It's a 450 v-twin. It'll be about 60bhp at the wheel.
02/04/2004 at 12:15
whitebird wrote

It's a 450 v-twin. It'll be about 60bhp at the wheel.

the article boast's over 70bhp on test's. it certainly would be insteresting to find out the real numbers, but there is no sign of anything other than the, seemingly faked up, MCN review piccy
02/04/2004 at 13:14
I really miss "search" some days.....................................

www.visordown.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=152632

Red is Twin Cherries
Your say
email image
15 messages