2 stroke or 4

12 messages
26/02/2002 at 22:16
well just wondered what all you guys thought about the GP goin 4 stroke, personaly i dont think it will be the same. wot do u rekon?

www.kennygilbertsonracing.co.UK

I NEED YOUR HELP

VISIT MY WEBSITE TO FIND OUT MORE
26/02/2002 at 22:23
I think it's a good idea and opens up the racing for introduction to new technology that will only further down the line find it's way to your road machine. 2 Strokes will not be around for ever, unless they come up with a way of reducing emissions etc.....but why waste money in doing so when they can produce a 220bhp triple etc...

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/images/threads/000/091/434/1306506-pool-timing.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/R6_Allan/Chat/LoLuv.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/R6_Allan/Chat/chunkinvincible.gif
26/02/2002 at 22:24
I like two strokes as it costs less to develop them but it should be an interesting couple of years engine technology wise.I definately don't want strokers to disapear cos I love em.Cheers
26/02/2002 at 22:38
I couldn't care less about two strokes. It'll never affect me since I don't offroad and even if I did a 180 HP dirtbike would be pretty much suicidal. I like 4 strokes though, because as stated they will eventually effect road bikes. I'm just itching for a nice little 220 horsepower, 5 cylinder Fireblade to see if I can make it cross Canada in 48 hours

or at least visit the emergency rooms in all majour Canadian hospital!
26/02/2002 at 22:41
I've never understood this desire to have race bikes which are like bikes you can buy for the road - who cares??

You can't buy F1 cars or anything like that, can you? Perhaps car drivers are more mature than us in this respect

Why does it matter a wank whether or not the decent sports bikes have race equivalents (an excuse I often hear trotted out for why WSB is "good")

Didn't stop evreyone buying Blades, did it?

Why do you want to look like Rossi on the road or a track day - you can't ride it as well as him, why look like a nob trying?

26/02/2002 at 23:14
Dodgy Geezer wrote

I've never understood this desire to have race bikes which are like bikes you can buy for the road - who cares??

You can't buy F1 cars or anything like that, can you? Perhaps car drivers are more mature than us in this respect

Perhaps the average cager is just so bad at driving no-one trusts them with 900 horsepower and breaking that requires thought The last person I saw racing a car on a public road ended up locking the brakes mid corner and sliding across a three lane road. Would you trust THAT kind of driver with 900 horsepower.

Besides, could you imagine what most roads would do to an F1 car. lol.

Besides which there are other things like tranismissions components that could be transfered to road bikes to improve them without raising horsepower.
27/02/2002 at 00:06
Still doesn't explain why people want to buy bikes which are "just like the racers'"

Wannabees
27/02/2002 at 01:27
I think it's a shame, it's pretty obvious that the rules will be set up to favour the 4-strokes (it's what the manufacturers want, after all), so that's it for 500 racing. Also, the superbike guys are only a second or so off the GP lap times at most circuits anyway - if they aren't constrained by having to make the thing at least look like a road bike, I can't see the 500s being competitive once the 4-strokes are reliable.

It's good that there's more development coming, the rules in 500s are too restrictive to make it all that interesting, but I will miss them. Totally loopy bikes.

Next season will very likely be about whose bike works, rather than who is the best rider. I expect Rossi to run away with it if the new Honda is sorted and reliable, but you never know.
27/02/2002 at 08:35
Dodgy Geezer wrote

Still doesn't explain why people want to buy bikes which are "just like the racers'"

Wannabees

They race CB500's DG does that make mine a race rep and me a power ranger
27/02/2002 at 08:36
Yes. You are a fashion victim
27/02/2002 at 08:43
Cool

Not to self must buy some matching leathers
27/02/2002 at 08:55
well I for one will miss the 2-strokes once they've gone (as I'm sure will happen). Oi loikes my nsr

Anything typed by 'knee_boarder' is likely to be (C) Stephen Wilkinson, who asserts his right to be identified as the author under the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988 It may be quoted only as part of a post within the Visordown bulletin board by another board member. The author should be contacted for written permission before any other use, storage, transmission or recording, by any means.

TSSC#1
Your say
email image
12 messages