Grasses in the workplace

1 to 20 of 25 messages
19/12/2001 at 07:59
One of my "collueges" at work has grassed me to my boss for surfin during working hours!!!!!!!!!

the boss was alright about it and said just take it easy a bit which was good of him

However how would you feel if one of your team members instead of saying something to you went to your boss instead ??

The person that grassed me is the same level as me as well!!

What would you do in this situation ?

How can i cunningly tuck this person up in the future ?

Im not in a very good mood as my surfin on VD will not be as regular......

I know revenge is a dish best served cold but what should i do ?

19/12/2001 at 08:26
Maybe get to know your work mates as mates and then they wont grass you in.
19/12/2001 at 08:34
Basically you got 2 choices.

Let it drop or invite him outside (even if only metaphorically)

There must be something that you've done to wind this person up. People are very rarely snitches just for the sake of it.

I would suspect that this person perceives you aren't pulling your weight and, despite dropping several hints, perceives you have either not got the hints or have ignored them.

I'm not judging, just guessing based on the likely numbers.

There is a 3rd option.
Speak to this person in a calm and dignified manner, ask why they grassed you up and if it is as I say above, then apologise and make amends.

That person could be your superior one day and it never does to have antagonism in the workplace.

19/12/2001 at 08:36
Ive tried but there so far up there own arse id rather poke my eyes out with a rusty spoon than be buddys with em.....

19/12/2001 at 08:40
You don't have to be buddies with them, find out what the real issue is and sort that out - it can't really be the fact that you surf VD all day more like you haven't done something he / she needs doing I would expect....

www.feistyracing.co.uk
Born to be wild, hemmed in by the system...
Proud recipient of (VDCR 27.5) TiT #52AA IANAN #80085 Hon. Mem. Ard n Fast #21 VDA #80085 SSC2 #80085 LMJ Biatch #2 SNSG #80085 FNEN #80085 SSAD #80085

Latest addition VDDC#2FM Bloooooop blooop bloooooop
Owned and controlled by Jif... it's all his fault... stroppy fek
19/12/2001 at 08:43
Personally, I think that a lovely lawn with some seating is a fine idea.

I've been where you are today, but my boss realises that I do pull my weight more than others. Unfortunately it's a perception thing. Make an effort to advertise that you're doing work (multi-tasking, like I do) by talking with other people during the day, asking questions, etc...

http://valiante.plugnpay.com/scstore/graphics/would%20you%20drive%20better%20cell%20phone%20small.jpg

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein
VDA# 8
VDMT# 666

19/12/2001 at 08:47
Big Nige wrote

Basically you got 2 choices.

Let it drop or invite him outside (even if only metaphorically)

There must be something that you've done to wind this person up. People are very rarely snitches just for the sake of it.

I would suspect that this person perceives you aren't pulling your weight and, despite dropping several hints, perceives you have either not got the hints or have ignored them.

I'm not judging, just guessing based on the likely numbers.

There is a 3rd option.
Speak to this person in a calm and dignified manner, ask why they grassed you up and if it is as I say above, then apologise and make amends.

That person could be your superior one day and it never does to have antagonism in the workplace.

It fair to say i do surf but why not speak to me instaed of going to my boss ?

Ive spoken to other people and the person is known to go pissing in peoples ears about other people

In fact one went so far as to say there a busy cunt...

19/12/2001 at 08:48
Do nothing. At least you've identified him as an "enemy" before something really serious happens! Just watch it around him, be civil but cool and wait for your chance.
Most people don't like snitches, sounds like your boss is one of them. Maybe a little pretending like you really got worked over, may cool this co-workers jets and keep him from escalating his snitchery.

Be very afraid.............
ste
19/12/2001 at 08:49
I`d superglue ITS cup to their desk,or send cup to me and I`ll drill a tiny hole in it ,so every time they had a drink they would drip tea/coffee every where.It took one of my colleges over a year to suss the second one out.

THEN.

There was one particular nasty piece of a human being (married)who past through work,he really was an arse,so we put some girls knickers and a bra in his case for the missus to find.He went very quiet for a while.
19/12/2001 at 08:57
Change his/her ie startup page to something really nasty thats pops up load n' loads of other nasty urls', but thats only any good if you get monitored by big brother of course

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z68/LordGleedo/BoltAxion/BoltAxionSig.jpg

19/12/2001 at 08:58
Don't do anything, after you all were surfing at WORK.

Lucky the boss was so amicable over it coz it could quite esily have turned around and you could be facing diciplinary actions..

We all surf at work granted but as long as your not 'taking the piss' and you have completed your tasks then there is no real issue.
19/12/2001 at 09:01
DA,

I learned yesterday the filtering software has been purchased, I will be building the proxy early in the new year. So make the most of Visordown while you can.
19/12/2001 at 09:02
Godders has got it right there.

We've got the same setup too.

http://valiante.plugnpay.com/scstore/graphics/would%20you%20drive%20better%20cell%20phone%20small.jpg

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein
VDA# 8
VDMT# 666

19/12/2001 at 09:08
If someone in our company has a go at me for having a surf, they can just kiss my arse. Im not the one going outside for 15 mins every hour to have a bloody fag.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z68/LordGleedo/BoltAxion/BoltAxionSig.jpg

19/12/2001 at 10:09
When I was contracting at EDS one of the permies grassed me up for going to the pub at lunch.

I teld em to get lost unless they were going to pay me for my lunch hour.

Orb the Impaler

TIT#49AA

"Never say die"
19/12/2001 at 10:15
Pirahna wrote

DA,

I learned yesterday the filtering software has been purchased, I will be building the proxy early in the new year. So make the most of Visordown while you can.

www.safeweb.com is great as long as it works - but the silly question is if you are setting up can you not "fix" VD to be accessed?

GOD BLESS ENOCH POWELL

KTM LC4 640 SM.

Fairings are for HOMOSEXUALS

Walking in town the other day and I spotted a piece of walking excrement. I pointed it out to the wife. She could not see it. I pointed again but to no avail. I took her right up to it and nearly stepped on it ... oh that she said. No dear, thats a copper.

19/12/2001 at 10:21
DA, let it go.

For about 3 to 4 months, let them piss a few others off, then shit on them from on high!

Find a weakness and exploit it!

Yeah? whatever!
19/12/2001 at 10:25
It could just be that this person is a power hungry kissass who's trying to show the boss that he's a workaholic and your not

TiT 87D
Damn you gravity, you win again !!!!

http://www.visordown.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=74031&d=1155825909 http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6904/spa0579sv6.jpg
19/12/2001 at 13:33
futter wrote

www.safeweb.com is great as long as it works - but the silly question is if you are setting up can you not "fix" VD to be accessed?

Pirahna is talking out of the back of his head he wont put VD onto the web sense software(proxy bollock server)

Cos hes addicted as i am

19/12/2001 at 16:51
let it pass for now. and hope you catch him doing sommat that would really get the brown stuff to hit the air con.:smoke:

Shit Happens

Back on 2 wheels and loving it :burnout:
1 to 20 of 25 messages