2012 Memorial Meet - 5th May, Lumb Farm, Derbyshire

Details for the 2012 Memorial Meet

3 messages
01/04/2012 at 17:21
The Memorial Meet was setup to make new friends, re-invigorate old friendships, and help to remember those whom we've lost along the way.

The reasons for the Meet are as strong as ever, and I hope that the enjoyment of the last couple of year's meets can be matched and even improved upon.

The Meet, as has happened the last two years, has expanded somewhat, while we still have the "standing around in a car-park while Sunny sticks our name on our chest" bit, (and my little bit), we've extended the format into a camping weekend. Ok, we don't get the huge rideouts that marked the first few meets, but although we mourn them somewhat, the newer format is just as good.

As said, the main "Memorial" part of the Meet is the lunchtime get together, this year it's on SATURDAY the 5th May, from midday onwards.

The Camping part of the meet allows us to get there either Friday or Saturday at the time that suits us best, and have a large roaring bonfire on Saturday evening - continueing the chat and friend-making from the Memorial Meet earlier in the afternoon.

The location, Lumb Farm, Marehay, Derbyshire, is ideally suited, and they really look after us well - the food is excellent, the beers numerous and the welcome warm. They give us pretty much free rein of the place for the 2 nights we're there (Friday and Saturday) for very reasonable costs.

If anyone is interested in attending the event, please reply to this thread, and if you're interested in the camping (which is good fun, and gives a much larger opportunity for chatting, drinking and getting to know people), please PM me for booking details. The £15 per person charge helps me to cover the overall costs of booking the farm and a portaloo, with every penny of the excess going to a suitable charity (normally a helicopter ambulance or other biking-related charity).

I've always seen the Memorial Meet as the best opportunity for meeting with friends from the other end of the country, or friends who don't often get out to other, more local drinks, rideouts or parties; and of course to keep in my memory the friends I've not seen for too long, and can't see again.

Great Prophet of Veedism.
non quod sed quomodo
"BBQ fluid is a sweaty one night stand compared to the long term relationship of a properly burning wood fire."
Cool in a fuddy-duddy old fart kinda way - Wingnut
02/04/2012 at 11:40
Sounds great. Hope those people up there being you good weather!
05/04/2012 at 13:15
Cheers mate!

Great Prophet of Veedism.
non quod sed quomodo
"BBQ fluid is a sweaty one night stand compared to the long term relationship of a properly burning wood fire."
Cool in a fuddy-duddy old fart kinda way - Wingnut
Your say
email image
3 messages