Just got the 675 dyno'd at John Trigger's

1 to 20 of 21 messages
15/03/2007 at 15:46
Gotta say i'm really impressed with Trigger's setup. Really professionally ran place with a pair of top fellas in there who really know what there doing. For those that don't know John Trigger was Hawk's engine man and Glenn Richard's crew chief at Hawk. Bruce has just joined him and is Dean Thomas's crew chief from last year so for any dyno or engine work these guys are worth a shout. When i turned up Glenn Richards was there building his R1, Darren Fry and another superstock lad were dropping there bike off as well as our own Steve Thorpe dropping his K5 gixxer thou off to be mapped. So he's obviously busy for a good reason.

I tried to book the 675 in a week ago but practically everyone else seemed to want there bike mapping this week as well. John offered to stay late though and fit it in as i'd been to him with my 600RR last year. JT ended up working on my bike until after 10pm last night as after quickly running her in mid afternoon we went over to get a base run as standard. It put out an impressive 110hp. Then we added the arrow stage 1 pipe and a pcIII and it went straight to 113hp! At this point it was well gone 10 though so JT kept the bike overnight and mapped it this morning and we ended up with 115.95 so near as dammit 116hp pretty impressive i think???!!!!

Just thought i'd mention all this, as it's not often an dyno/engine tuner will put himself out and work late just so you have your bike done in time for testing at the weekend!!! Nice one Trigg!!! This is the 2nd bike he's mapped for me and i will be back again.

There based just outside of Leicestershire think there actually classed as Derbyshire for anybody that wondered. But if you want some dyno work doing check them out.

I'm not on comission either btw.....
Avo
15/03/2007 at 16:07
There based just outside of Leicestershire think there actually classed as Derbyshire

Any chance of being just a teensy weensy bit more specific ?

Ta
15/03/2007 at 16:15
I have to agree, top man. He is building my SP1 engine....

Hope a little more than 116BHP comes out of it though!!!!

Cheers

Jazz

NGRRC SoT Honda VTR SP1 #31
www.teamvtracing.moonfruit.com
15/03/2007 at 16:26
They are a top outfit.I collected my R1 from them last week after a recommend from this forum and it is the best it has ever been.

I saw the SP1 motor while I was there.
Unit 10,lower rectory farm,Snarestone road,Appleby Magna.
01530 272045.

www.sonicracingr1.co.uk

Derby Phoenix Pre-Injection champion 2006
15/03/2007 at 16:39
You were impressed that a pipe and PCIII gained 3hp?

Gorgeous on a magnitude beyond normal comprehension, whose big stinking cock need only be flopped on the bar of the local ale house in order to attract all the women.
15/03/2007 at 16:50
I guess it's impressive that the stock exhaust is that good! LOL

Not wanting to take anything away from Trigger's setup, though. Have not used him yet, but spoken to him a few times.
15/03/2007 at 16:53
impressive that it made 110bhp stock!!!

heard his dyno isnt exactly exhubberent with power figures too.

Go To The Dan Cannell Racing Website

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/pakratt1991/haha.gif

Good men do finish last....

"Food makes people fat - look at the people in the concentration camps... they went in fat but they weren't fat when they left.  It's simple innit."

15/03/2007 at 17:17
jarrod wrote
I have to agree, top man. He is building my SP1 engine....

Hope a little more than 116BHP comes out of it though!!!!

I dont :smoke:

15/03/2007 at 17:18
emf#53 wrote
I dont :smoke:

yeah well you just get that target on your back mate... I'm coming after you!!!!

Cheers

Jazz

NGRRC SoT Honda VTR SP1 #31
www.teamvtracing.moonfruit.com
15/03/2007 at 17:28
He's near Measham BTW.

Sounds like you've gained 6 bhp then Sam with the Pipe/pc/remap, guess that's ok and it's not all about max bhp.
would 116 on a triple be like 125 for a four? (I don't know much about these things, but the dukes are always down on bhp but have more torque don't they..)

When Trigg did my 600 the biggest difference I noticed was off a closed throttle, which seemed to make a huge difference at Mallory

Looking forward to getting the K5 back, knowing Trigg he's had to fix a few other things on the bike he's spotted!
15/03/2007 at 17:50
might have to get the gixer to this guy to see if he can make the opening 10% of the throttle a lot softer and a bit more ridable.

Go To The Dan Cannell Racing Website

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/pakratt1991/haha.gif

Good men do finish last....

"Food makes people fat - look at the people in the concentration camps... they went in fat but they weren't fat when they left.  It's simple innit."

15/03/2007 at 18:11
I'm sure you need to make your gearing taller as well Dan tbh.
15/03/2007 at 18:20
Peter De La Mar wrote
You were impressed that a pipe and PCIII gained 3hp?

You need to re read what i put. It gained 6hp with mapping. Gained nearly 3hp with no mapping or anything just bolted on etc. It's 11hp more than i had on my 600RR so i'm happy enough!
15/03/2007 at 21:22
Sam my boy,
Sounds like your man's dyno is reading a bit low. 675's, according to the creative marketing by triumph, put out 123bhp as standard.
I'd hazard a guess that yours would put out 130bhp(ish) on anyone elses dyno, or 108 on nick's dyno lol.
Manage to find that ohlins unit you were after or gonna give the WP unit a try like the triumph cup boys??
15/03/2007 at 21:59
Requiem wrote
Sam my boy,
Sounds like your man's dyno is reading a bit low. 675's, according to the creative marketing by triumph, put out 123bhp as standard.
I'd hazard a guess that yours would put out 130bhp(ish) on anyone elses dyno, or 108 on nick's dyno lol.
Manage to find that ohlins unit you were after or gonna give the WP unit a try like the triumph cup boys??

That would be nice,on the same dyno my old R1 was making 164 at the wheel.

www.sonicracingr1.co.uk

Derby Phoenix Pre-Injection champion 2006
15/03/2007 at 22:43
Requiem wrote
Sam my boy,

but that'll be crank hp while being bench tested. to get a real world back wheel figure you time the 123 by 0.9 this gives you a HP of 110.7BHP.

try it with other bikes aswell and it works

GSXR1000K7 is quoted as 185PS. when a brand new one was dyno'd at Steve jordans it made 165.8. 185PS times by 0.9 is 166.5BHP

UNDERSTEER is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. OVERSTEER is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. HORSEPOWER is how fast you hit the wall. TORQUE is how far you take the wall with you.

Sites worth a visit
Almax Chains
Cheap helmets
Cheap bikes bits'n'pieces
Steve Jordan Motorcycles[/SIZE]
16/03/2007 at 07:06
slap some cams in there with some head work. hehehehehe nice numbers. my 04 cbr is making 111 at the wheel. but its very linear.

Call Chris at X BIKES for all your tuning and biking needs 01945 585533. Also a GPR damper importer.
16/03/2007 at 10:13
Chunks wrote
but that'll be crank hp while being bench tested. to get a real world back wheel figure you time the 123 by 0.9 this gives you a HP of 110.7BHP.

try it with other bikes aswell and it works

GSXR1000K7 is quoted as 185PS. when a brand new one was dyno'd at Steve jordans it made 165.8. 185PS times by 0.9 is 166.5BHP

Cheers Chunks,
I knew my brain had dissengaged the second I hit "submit reply" on that post.
Live and learn, live and learn....
16/03/2007 at 11:13
Requiem wrote
Sam my boy,

If my memory serves me right the Triumph Triple Challenge 675's were all Dyno'd and put out between 108 and 116, no-one knows who got which one,

(I think the fastest one went to the slowest rider.)

I think Ross Walter's BSS bike is now upto the mid 130's

Rich Swaffs

17/03/2007 at 10:15
Fetched my k5 at 7pm last night.

Bruce (also x-hawk) had gained an extra 4bhp to take it to 165.

Ended up being another late night for Trigg, as I happened to mention the can could do with re-sleeving and he did it for me there and then.
Had to laugh at his meticulousness when doing it, filling the rivets with silicon and making sure the stickers were perfect. Top job.
1 to 20 of 21 messages