Anyone run Bridgestone BT-02's?

12 messages
28/05/2004 at 08:15
Anyone tried these out? Theyre doing them for £185 fitted at the circuit just now, versus £205 for Supercorsas, and supposed to be just as good. But who knows?

They were launched in April 2004, details here. www.insidebikes.com/news/archives_2000/news_details.asp?id=3177

Thanks to sponsors;
www.pdms1.com tyre sponsor
www.japerformance.co.uk for providing the Rapidbike system and custom mapping.
www.aberdeenbikers.co.uk for providing www.blackstuffracing.com
www.BikePix.co.uk action pics
www.oxprod.com for the HJC Helmets
Silkolene Oils Scheme
BT Vinyl Graphics contact Bob@gsx1400.org
28/05/2004 at 08:50
Dale

Suppose to be good on the 600 (Cal Cruthlow is running them on his honda 600 RR)

Rear's wear real fast, not sure on the compound used tho

Neon Green Powerball "11923 RPM" Feb 2010 Abarth 500 bikes all gone 2005 bad times

28/05/2004 at 08:52
Yorick wrote
I tried them and hated them

In what way?

Thanks to sponsors;
Silkolene Oils Scheme
28/05/2004 at 09:25
Dale,
I used them at Snetterton earlier this month and to be honest I won`t use them again.
They have a more rigid construction than the supercorsas and you can tell.
On the first day I was running tired supercorsas and I got couple of big front slides so put a new set of 002`s in for the sunday.
I could feel bumps and ripples that I couldn`t feel before and I found it a bit off putting.
I`m using them at Donnington this weekend so I will let you know how I get on with a bit more time on them.

Marmax.
28/05/2004 at 09:29
Marmax wrote
Dale,
I used them at Snetterton earlier this month and to be honest I won`t use them again.
They have a more rigid construction than the supercorsas and you can tell.
On the first day I was running tired supercorsas and I got couple of big front slides so put a new set of 002`s in for the sunday.
I could feel bumps and ripples that I couldn`t feel before and I found it a bit off putting.
I`m using them at Donnington this weekend so I will let you know how I get on with a bit more time on them.

Marmax.

Thanks for that. Not sure if this will help, but the purveyor of these tyres up here is trying to give more support than just fit them. He was telling me that the best way theyve found to set tyre pressures for these, was to get them up to temp with tyre warmers, and then set them to 34psi front and back.

Not sure if that will help the feel your getting?

Thanks to sponsors;
Silkolene Oils Scheme
28/05/2004 at 09:50
Dale wrote
Thanks for that. Not sure if this will help, but the purveyor of these tyres up here is trying to give more support than just fit them. He was telling me that the best way theyve found to set tyre pressures for these, was to get them up to temp with tyre warmers, and then set them to 34psi front and back.

Not sure if that will help the feel your getting?

Dale,
I take it Holbeach are advising using them??

I took the above advice and tried them,I used Marks temp gun to make sure the tyres were up to temperature.
Some people may like them but currently I don`t.

Marmax.
28/05/2004 at 12:35
Marmax wrote
Dale,
I take it Holbeach are advising using them??

I took the above advice and tried them,I used Marks temp gun to make sure the tyres were up to temperature.
Some people may like them but currently I don`t.

Marmax.

Nah, its not Holbeach, Im up in Scotland. I guess the only way is to try them for myself and see what happens.

I know the winner at the last Scottish championship round (600's) was on them, but hes one of the best, and has a great bike (tenkate rr) and wondered if there was a general consensus if they were the best/good/bad/indifferent for us commoners.

Thanks.

Thanks to sponsors;
Silkolene Oils Scheme
Ken
28/05/2004 at 17:11
Dale wrote
Nah, its not Holbeach, Im up in Scotland. I guess the only way is to try them for myself and see what happens.

I know the winner at the last Scottish championship round (600's) was on them, but hes one of the best, and has a great bike (tenkate rr) and wondered if there was a general consensus if they were the best/good/bad/indifferent for us commoners.

Thanks.

I spoke to Bob about them a month or so back and he said they were half a second quicker round Knockers,however didnt do him much good at the last round though did it.

28/05/2004 at 21:32
D3LS M wrote
I spoke to Bob about them a month or so back and he said they were half a second quicker round Knockers,however didnt do him much good at the last round though did it.

Well, thats cos the backmarkers got in his way.

Thanks to sponsors;
Silkolene Oils Scheme
Ken
28/05/2004 at 22:28
Dale wrote
Well, thats cos the backmarkers got in his way.

Dont be so hard on yourself Dale,he did pull in after one lap then came out again.

01/06/2004 at 07:51
Update on the Bridgestone 002`s.

Firstly when I did a trackday at Donington last year my best time was a 1 min 21 on knackered supercorsas.

Did the trackday at Donington on sunday and I had set the tyre pressures to 30 psi cold front and rear,went out for the first session and it felt shocking,it felt like there was 60 psi in the tyres,combined with the really smooth surface it felt dangerous and I bimbled round.
After that session came in and checked tyre pressures.38psi
dropped them down to 34 for the next session and it started to feel a bit more like it.
Gradually built my pace up during the day and got just below 1 min 20 :smoke:

Come race day on the Monday I go out for 8 mins practice good job I did the trackday,and felt pretty comfortable on the bike.

My first race I was 28th on the grid and had a reasonable start but when you have a orange vest some of the "experienced riders" think they have a right to do dodgy moves on you anyway I finished 19th.

Second race and I`m 22nd on the grid so not exactly a great position.Get another reasonable start and I`m probably in about 12-13th position when Michael Mchkeever decides he wants to try and wipe a few people out going into goddards I have to go straight on to avoid being taken out by him and loose about 10 places.
Manage to get back on track and get back a few places but still only finish17th.But I did a faster lap than 7 people in front of me.

Last race of the day for me in the novice race,pole position
Nail it off the line and did a standing start lap of 1 min 20.
next lap 1 min 16,next lap 1 min 16 still in the lead
Had a look behind me (which I usually don`t do) and I had a big lead.
Decided to back it off a touch so I don`t crash and on the 4th lap a CBR600RR comes past me,where did he come from
Any way on the last lap he exits goddards wide and clips the grass so I get back in front of him again but lapping some back markers going into Redgate I had to take a dodgy line and couldn`t get drive into Hollywood and he came past me down craners (nice move ) I decided to settle for 2nd as I`ve had a couple of offs lately.

So all in all the tyres worked fantastic and only after 2 days on them were they starting to squirm a littly exiting coppice. :burnout:

Marmax
01/06/2004 at 08:01
Nice one! And a good result too.

Ill just have to try them myself and see what happens. Ill probably not notice any difference knowing me.

Thanks to sponsors;
Silkolene Oils Scheme
Your say
email image
12 messages