Talkback: Yesterday at Donington...

6 messages
13/08/2012 at 17:12
"Gate price of £15 seemed a bit salty at first??" You've not been to any grass-roots club races recently have you my old bean?
13/08/2012 at 17:18
'Judging by his race number the seller's not very good at getting his entry forms in on time...'

What's the race number have to do with the race entry deadline? You get your race number from the 'race club' secretary.
MF
13/08/2012 at 17:32
Paul - no, I haven't. Not since I was a club competitor in the late Cretaceous period. I shall be going again, though...

William, back in my day, the later your entry the higher your number. Has the World changed since then?
14/08/2012 at 13:12
Paul....It was £15 for the weekend not just Sunday and as such....
'a reet good dea' yes ?

It's not getting old that stops you having fun....it's having fun that stops you getting older

14/08/2012 at 13:16
Paul....It was £15 for the weekend not just Sunday and as such....
'a reet good deal' yes ?

It's not getting old that stops you having fun....it's having fun that stops you getting older

16/08/2012 at 09:21
Charlieh, I think Paul was pointing out the part of the article that detailed the price and this wasn't him commenting.
Most club race meetings are around the £13 pound at the entrance gate these days and in some cases thats for a one day event.
Race numbers are assgned by the race club you join, the grid position can be dictated by either a qualifying race, previous race position or in the old days pulling your name out of a bucket with a number written on it. Sometimes in cases if you are not a regular in the contesting championship you will be allocated a grid position based on the time you got your race entry sent in.
Your say
email image
6 messages