Talkback: Wife vs. Motorcycle

5 messages
13/06/2012 at 02:30
I think many of us are well aware of this situation. A delicate dance many wives waltz around unless they are a part of the passion. I'm lucky because my wife is, and has been for 20 years. Just saying that she probably accepts riding more, not worries less.

Just remember "Ride To Arrive - your family appreciates it"
13/06/2012 at 12:36
I am not married or in any sort of relationship but I do have 3 cats at home who rely on me so I ride well within my capabilities. I hate the thought that I could end up in hospital for a prolonged period or worse, dead and there would be no one to care for those cats as I have no friends willing to care for them and any relatives I have live so far away it would be out of the question for them to come care for my moggies. I think anyone in a relationship and esp. those with kids should think long and hard about their passion for bikes, do they care more for the bikes or the family.
13/06/2012 at 14:29
Bike Wins everytime.. My wife used to be into bikes
Before she had a lung transplant..
And therefore knows the score!!!

If It`s Not Free It`s Not For Me

13/06/2012 at 15:01
I have a family and I think I am much easier to live with if I can get out on my bike for a good blast at least once a week.
I don't think my kids would respect me for giving up key aspects of my life and identity just to avoid danger although I do ride with the keen sense of self preservation that has kept me alive so far. Anyway I have life insurance should the worst happen.
13/06/2012 at 15:04
Forgot to say that my partner hates bikes and the time/attention/cash I spend on them. But I was riding before we met so she can kiss my shiny leather arse.
Your say
email image
5 messages