Talkback: Valentino Rossi returns to Yamaha

1 to 20 of 25 messages
10/08/2012 at 09:42
bang goes my dream of a italian rider on a italian machine. I will have to wait until Lannone is given a ride. i think he could be the next champion on a Italian bike
10/08/2012 at 09:51
FAIL!!!!!
Ambition outweighs talent
the five minute fix worked well then.
tail between your legs then Val I feel sorry for Cal and Dovi now that you have stolen their seat.
Wonder what Herve will have to say about this
10/08/2012 at 10:51
Thing is Cal is interested in the Ducati seat and Dovi is not champion material, had 3 years on the best works team and didn't deliver so Rossi was the obvious choice really ( also means they may attract a title sponsor, something sadly missing since 2011 )
I'd rather Dovi skulked off to WSB and get Rea in to MOTOGP, another rider like Cal who can hang it out and wring it's neck.
10/08/2012 at 10:54
Who fucking cares about the haters. They'll be queuing up now. All I care about is VR back on a competitive bike.

As Hugh says, Vale is the big dawg.
10/08/2012 at 15:00
While i'm interested in the 'big dawg' being on a competitive machine, i'm convinced it's a waste of a good seat and he will only be a top 6 racer. Some people just can't see passed the hype of some old legends.
10/08/2012 at 15:11
So by that rationale Tra, Hailwood should never have gone back to the TT. Troy Bayliss should've hung up his leathers well before he did. And Fogarty shouldn't have bothered to keep going as long as he did.

And at 34 he's getting near the end of his career in Moto GP. But to say he's "hyped and past it" really does show you up for knowing NOTHING about the sport you are so ready to voice your opinions on. I look forwards to you coming back this time next year and chowing down on a big plate of humble pie.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.
10/08/2012 at 16:18
Ducati should deny VR riding the M1 at the Valencia post season test.

But then again it makes for good press (drama) in the off season.
10/08/2012 at 16:45
Can't see them pulling that one. After all, they were fairly gracious when Tino left. (seriously considering a quick trip to Valencia early November now)...
10/08/2012 at 19:32
Here we go, as usual the plonkers speculating about Rossi, come out of their holes as soon as the occasion comes up!!
You ignorant lot forgot how much the man has done form the sport, you forgot how many hard passes and bashed fairings have to be accredited to him before the boredom of electronics kicked in!!
While on a competitive bike, on a one to one fight he regularly kick Stoner, Jorge or anyone else arse.
You ungrateful bunch, he might not be your favorite rider but this should not affect the recognition that the man deserves.
I'm not saying he will win the championship again but I guarantee you that he will put up a show on a competitive bike...show that even you will enjoy.
Go and watch synchronized swimming now and piss off.
10/08/2012 at 23:01
i REALLY want Rossi to have another championship before he goes to WSBK but Lorenzo is now the Maestro of MOTOGP and hes been riding the M1 since he got there.

Rossi has a huuuuge mountain to climb.... but if anyone can do it....

Either way the next 2 seasons are gonna have some awesome fairing bashing last minute unbelievable over takes and some of the best racing seen in recent years.

And ...Race attendance figures, viewing figures and revenues will be up for Dorna
11/08/2012 at 01:22
Rock n Buell. Couldn't have put that better.

I reckon we're all (including Dorna) are hoping its back to the days....because I have to say racing wise, WSBK is where its at right now.
11/08/2012 at 02:24
ignore the negative rossi comments. It shows what a complete lack of knowledge and any form of analysis undertaken is about as good as an insects single nerve brain would make of it. Doesnt matter if rossi runs around in 6th or tenth next year, he deserves the ride. Of course yamaha want sponsorship money, but its also because rossi can ride and people who count know that thank goodness. How the fuck you could say youd rather see the ride go to someone else must mean you enjoy mediocrity.
11/08/2012 at 08:11
This is exactly what MotoGP needs, some competition.

With Stoner retiring, Pedrosa only being able to maintain stamina for a handful of tracks, Marquez will be stacking his new RCV every other race, it will be down to the class double act of Lorenzo and Rossi to entertain us.

I have visions of Catalunya, Motegi etc...

I feel for Dovi and possibly Cal if he doesn't secure the other Ducati seat, but Motogp is changing, and come 2015, WSBK will be the better series as CRT takes over the motogp paddock. They would do well to follow Rossi's suit and go there too.
11/08/2012 at 11:09
no drill. The crt thing is dead in the water. its just not happening and they know it.

I read somewhere that the factories are possibly going to agree to some deal to provide cheaper satellite bikes of some other class available, like the old days kind of. Something like that anyway, im not sure on the detail. The factories dont want to leave GP racing, they know how it benefits them, especially Honda and Yamaha, so them and Dorna have been playing a game over cat and mouse over the past few years and latest I heard is the factories are coming around and Dorna are pretty happy about it coz they know the crt ship is dead. Dorna also know they need the factories; sure they posed a big dick and threatened to leave them with nothing in the class, thats what it was all about, forget the bullshit, but crt is crap and so now they both have to reach some compromise.

I personally dont mind the idea of two classes, becuase it is always going to be anyway. Rider ability soon sorts that out. So the lower guys may as well ride cheaper machinery and all compete against each other, because it'll be that way if they ride 5 million euro machines anyways.

I dont know why all you guys harp on about wsbk. These guys all want to ride GP, because they are true race bikes, not family vehicles all hotted up (like superbikes). The top guys will always ride GP as long as they have protoype factory machines.
11/08/2012 at 19:15
Can't believe some of this negative attitude towards the great VR - He is one of the greatest of all time - no one except stoner has made a serious challenge on a Ducati. Moto GP has also become so dull I find myself fast forwarding juts to see the result ...When Vale was on form the racing was stunning and I for one hope he can inject a bit of life into the series before he moves to WSBK and takes the kudos with him ....RIP Moto GP !
11/08/2012 at 23:30
So apparently all of the VR folks (spouting off on the negative commentors) have forgotten the advantage he had with Michelin, back when they could overnight him tires (per his spec) come raceday. Pretty easy to win when you have the best tires. Look what happened to him when Michelin was no longer able to do that for him - the 1st year of the 800s. He whined & whined...
He whined so much, that it split the Yamaha camp. Had a wall put up (which was understandable for the Bridgestone/Michelin tire war), but once Michelin was out of the game, he insisted it be kept up. And then gave Yamaha an ultimatum of, it's Lorenzo or him??? Yeah, really great rider that i totally look up to & support /sarcasm.
The yellow brigade can keep your hero, all he's done is made the sport one rider favored. If it's not rossi winning, then the sport is "boring", "in trouble", "in danger of losing a 'fan'" etc., etc. & all the VR fans bemoan anyone else who can win.
It's gonna be a sad day in WSBK when he goes there, because he's just going to ruin WSBK also & make it into a 1 rider show. They should just make a racing series for rossi, so he can win all the races & all his fans can cheer about how exciting the racing was...
12/08/2012 at 02:58
Throw out spec tires!! Don't have rev limiters!!! Let it be true prototype racing!! No limits other than weight and capacity! Who cares how much fuel is burnt? I want real gp racing not the motogp at a price limit racing weve had...
13/08/2012 at 00:17
Family vehicles? Since when has an R1, ZX10 or Blade been a family vehicle?
13/08/2012 at 10:48
The Rossi haters here make me laugh. Some have the odd point, but for the most part, it shows people who have watched GP for the past few years and think he's 'over rated'.

The Michelin thing is a load of balls. So he's at Yamaha, and he gets the tyres he wants? What about the Honda riders? Do you think HRC just sat back and didn't bother getting tyres shipped in after Quali to make sure they had the best shot at the race? Do you think, for one minute, that HRC didn't want an 800cc title? They spent a truckload of money trying to beat Vale and Yamaha and it didn't happen until they hired Casey, and they essentially hedged everything that year - 3 Repsol Factory bikes and a fourth factory bike with Marco aboard. Don't underestimate the resources of HRC.

The fact of the matter is, from 04-10, Yamaha simply done a better job than Honda.

I simply can't count Rossi out for next year, without doubt, I think this will be the biggest challenge he'll have. Lets face it, he's hungry, really hungry, and you've got to ask, has he learned anything new since riding that Ducati? Does anything he's learned allow him to push a Yamaha further? I'll be looking forward to seeing how well/badly Dovi does on it, and I'll be looking forward to seeing Vale smiling and riding like Vale again. I thought the last off season was difficult, but this ones going to be a long one.
14/08/2012 at 04:10
Since when has the superbike family been family cars? Mick Doohan called them tractors, so family cars isnt too bad a rating. We're talking in relative terms here, and the GP bikes are the thoroughbreds, the ones made only to race, thats it. The others arent basically, they're bred from it and are based on it, but they arent pure race bikes Im sorry to say. Thats why GP is always the pinnacle, and lets hope it stays that way.

Ever since '94 its been hip for the motorcycle world to say superbikes is better than GP. It was then, true, it was just better competition, but its not now, and hasnt been for a long time.
1 to 20 of 25 messages