Talkback: Valentino Rossi returns to Yamaha

21 to 25 of 25 messages
14/08/2012 at 09:12
Totally agree with pyndman. As much as a roadbike 'looks' like a racer, it's still a long way off.

Honda were stated as saying on their roadbikes (CBRs) that they base 60% of the bike for roaduse and 40% for track. They water them down, make them pass emissions and noise tests, make the engines go without a rebuild for.. well, pretty much life short of valve clearances, they allow oil changes to slip to 4000 miles, they have lights, wingmirrors, comfier seats, road based fairings, road friendly chassis... Essentially, their designed to put up with a large amount of variables - road conditions, rider ability, bad maintenance, poor weather - and still keep working.

When that base is turned into a race machine, certain parts of that engineering cannot be taken out by setup and switching parts allowed by the regulations.

GP bikes are a machine built with only the compromises deemed in the rules, and the compromise of making a bike as suitable as possible for all the tracks on the calendar. i.e. they need something that can be setup to work at a Laguna and they need something that'll work well at a Brno. The bikes only intention is going around a track with the best of the best riders, with excellent mechanics dedicated to setting up the bike to the best of it's potential.
20/08/2012 at 20:34
the analysis of what makes a bike a true race bike from comment's is hilarious. Clearly comments from people that have never raced a motorcycle in their life's.

for example, Philip island - the laptop record in GP is just over a 1.30 thats on a full blown GP machine....the RCV.

The laptop resord in superbikes 1.31 on an Aprilia RSV4.

one second you are talking about when you say a homologated super bikes are like 'family cars'

ridiculous.
21/08/2012 at 09:45
Vale!!! What are you doing on here??? Nice to have you along, please enlighten us oh great sage of racing!!!

:)
22/08/2012 at 14:25
LMAO! Lin Jarvis welcomes his return!! Yamaha didn't even consult Jarvis - which is what you get for turning traitor and slagging off the rider who put you where you are.

Who cares if Rossi doesn't win, it just makes me feel better seeing him there. I've missed the Rossi roadshow.

As for Stoner - if just 2 titles in 6 years makes him a genius then there's hope even for me yet...! Good riddance
23/08/2012 at 08:21
Pagik, you are a sad little cum gargler aren't you!
Your say
email image
21 to 25 of 25 messages