Talkback: Testing crash for Rossi at Mugello

5 messages
17/07/2012 at 10:40
I reckon he'll stay.

The VW/Audi ting can re-energise the whole project and Rossi won't want to leave with his time there being deemed a failure.

Two years and WSB? Carmelo won't like it though.
17/07/2012 at 10:51
I'd agree Ken. In all honesty, I think he's got over the not being at the front thing now. I think his goal was, and still remains being at the front on that bike, nothing else.

As you say, it needs to come together faster, but it does seem to be stepping forward. Seeing Nicky leaving a test 0.3 from the front, and seeing two Ducatis less than two seconds from the Podium (albeit at Mugello) is a vast improvement.

Prezioso has said they're getting 100% support from Audi on Materials, Engines and Electronics. It's without doubt a bike with quirks, it never just comes out the box and works when they get to a track. But if they can get it to react to softs better (at least for Vale) and get it to brake a bit better, then it's not so far off.

11 Seconds off a very confident Jorge on a very well setup bike wasn't so bad in all honesty.
17/07/2012 at 13:44
Agreed Ken, I think they're closer. They didn't have too bad a show in Germany either. I know Mugello can be a bit of a red herring, but they were no where near this close last year.

This bike is, at least parts wise practically unchanged since the revamp that they rolled out at Sepang. If they can get another fairly major step out of the door, which looks to be in development, they might be in a good place.
17/07/2012 at 14:32
Bloody nora!! They've not even got the hard tyres sussed yet!! (albeit, they are a lot closer). Give 'em a chance, Ducati have only had nearly 2 years!!!

What the hell is wrong with you people??? LOL

Anyway, enough flippant comments Martin...I think VR's going after this in the right way. He's not got the support he wants so he's going after race pace, all weekend, admittedly, it's not gonna win races, but it's gonna get him nearer the top.

Blah blah blah, updates needed for the bike, blah blah blah, stop just using the test...........oh do you know what, I'm boring meself now...
17/07/2012 at 20:38
As a huge, huge, huge Rossi fan it pains me to say this, but I'm really starting to run out of patience for Rossi and Ducati to get their act together.

If it wasn't for all the hype when Rossi went to Yamaha, the worst bike on the grid can win with the right bike, 80% rider 20% bike claims from Burgess and Rossi then I could give them a bit of slack, but they've had 2 1/2 years and haven't done a bloody thing really.

I HATE to say this, but if Casey could get race wins against the Yamaha and Honda bikes on the CF frame bike with the airbox as a stressed member, then why the hell can't Rossi even get on the podium more than twice in nearly 3 years?

And also being outgunned by your team mate, who would have beaten Rossi if it wasn't for being pushed wide on the last lap, who supposedly is past it and is being shipped off to WSB.

To me it just goes to show that MotoGP is about bike sales and having the most popular riders rather than the best riders.

Again, I hate to say it, but all credit to Stoner for walking away from this joke of a sport. Thank god for Moto2 and 3
Your say
email image
5 messages