Talkback: Road Rage: Car vs. Bike

14 messages
27/03/2012 at 00:59
There must have been more going on before this video started... Does make you think about hitting that car. I now I have been lucky to get away safely when I do.
27/03/2012 at 09:00
Theres NEVER any reason to clout someones vehicle

its the golden "dont do" rule isnt it, you just dont do it and when i see bikers do it i just think what a wa**er

and the idiot on the bike deserved all he got, just cos you got a bike doesnt make you tough

and if it comes to a fight between a bike and a car, my moneys on the car everytime !
27/03/2012 at 11:32
True...

but on the other hand he just kicked her bumper, no serious damage. the car driver could have pinned him to that other car and killed him...all cos he kicked his bumper? Not to mention that fact he rammed the bike and bashed another car causing even more damage.

however, yeh shame we didn't see it from the start.
27/03/2012 at 13:11
She created the situation before he kicked the bike. Look at her positioning. I am not saying its right that the biker kicked out but IMHO he is reacting to something we didn't see before the video commenced. My experience of filtering is that it is women who become most enraged by it, by quite a considerable margin. Van drivers and Alfa Romeo drivers are the most helpful usually.
27/03/2012 at 13:20
driving round london ive courier riders do some really atrocious things to car drivers

ive seen em kicking cars ive seen em gobbing through open windows at drivers totally abhorrent behavior

im not saying the car drivers didnt deserve some stick but to physically attack a vehicle is just over the top

how would we feel if a cyclist were to boot our bike ? it would be totally over the top

theres no excuse for it its over the top no matter what, if someoene stops you from filtering sit tight for a couple seconds and get revenge by passing them which usually happens seconds later as the traffic moves
Ayo
27/03/2012 at 13:25
" Theres NEVER any reason to clout someones vehicle "

I have to say I agree. If he'd kept it purely verbal, there would be little anyone could say in defence of the car driver. As soon as he kicks her car, she can start claiming all kinds of things and it gets very complicated.
27/03/2012 at 13:36
Was it really worth attempted murder though?
27/03/2012 at 14:35
Well, they are both wrong. Before the kick and after the kick.
But the main issue here is the car trying to run down the biker. If I have a knife you cannot shot me with a gun just because I threatened you!
27/03/2012 at 16:47
The women driving the car sure has some balls...or some menopause problem...either way, I wouldn't want to cross her path! hahaha
27/03/2012 at 17:53
I believe theres a lot more going on here than we know, a lovers quarrel possibly. Look at how close the driver is to the bike in that lane before the biker kicks her vehicle and then she wrecks three cars and her own vehicle, not to mention damaging the motorcycle and ramming the biker.
The mere fact she does not get out means something is up with her and the rider.
I'm not a lawyer but so far the charges will be 'assault with a deadly weapon with intent to maim and disfigure', 'driving without due care and attention' and 'reckless endangerment'
It should be a costly sum for her moment of aggressiveness.
28/03/2012 at 02:21
I've rode a motorcycle for 20 years. There have been plenty of times where a car driver has been a jerk to me and I've wanted to kick them or whatever --- but I haven't for exactly the reason seen in this video.

As justified as you might think you are,´╗┐ a guy on a bike is just never going to win a fight with a 2-ton box of steel. If a car driver is being a dick, the smartest thing you can do is put some distance between you and them.
28/03/2012 at 08:38
Something similar to this happened to me in Paris. I (like all bikers in Paris filter). Normally the drivers are ok. One guy put the squeeze on. As I toodled through I slapped his mirror with my hand - no damage. He side swipped me with his car. I tottered but did not fall off. I was a bit shaken and stopped and put the bike on the stand and turned around in time to see his car door open and him getting out. How was it resolved? Easy, I f#cking smacked him square in the face. He maybe now thinks twice about being a twat.

I hope that the guy in this video smacked the driver a few times when he was leaning in the window - lady or not. She had murderous intentions! She crossed the line
12/04/2012 at 09:01
I'd have pulled the keys out of the ignition and rammed them dowm throat!
12/04/2012 at 09:02
but thats just me, not violent, and always looking for a peaceful resoloution! lol
Your say
email image
14 messages