Talkback: MotoGP 2012: Jerez race results

5 messages
30/04/2012 at 03:05
Rossi's shocker continues, but he seemed to enjoy himself a bit with the Barbera battle. But what about Ben Spies? What on earth is his excuse? That's the headline for that race - factory yamaha, last? My goodness. Another superbike big gun not cutting it in GP. Crutchlow is realy going for it though, no doubt. Nicky Hayden, the usual, good start, can't keep it up for the race.
30/04/2012 at 09:41
Who was it that seemed to totaly blank Rossi on the slow down - Rossi raised his arm as if to say 'Fuck you then'... LOL
30/04/2012 at 09:55
Paul, it was Hector Barbera! He later said on twitter he did shake his hand but it was off camera, I call sh*t on that one, he seemed to purposely blank him.

Pyndman - Yeah I'd agree, he seemed to do ok, and to be out on a totally different setting he didn't do so bad. I just seems odd saying Rossi didn't do bad with a 9th place, but that's just how it is for now I suppose.

And Spies, yep, it's shocking actually. I thought he'd be getting on with the 1000, so seeing him sat here is odd at best. Apparently his setup is quite different to the other three Yamaha bikes, so maybe his setting just isn't working.

I hope they get it sorted soon, because Spies can be fast, although if he cant sort it, it does possibly open up a factory seat for Cal!
30/04/2012 at 09:57
That was Barbera. Seems a little pissed at Rossi's post Qatar comment about him.
30/04/2012 at 16:13
PYNDMAN - It ammazes me why anyone in Moto GP would consider using an ex Superbike champion - They might as well use ex golfers . The only path to the top in this game is via 125 - 250 - and then Moto GP , (Or moto 2 and moto 3 as it,s called nowadays) - I bet I could name 10 riders who,ve embarased themselves trying to make the crossover work in recent years , (and I would include EDWARDS in that list as well ! constantly coming about fifth year in year out , dosent impress me.)
I think the one to watch will be BRadl - Hes paid his dues and learned his aprenticeship.
Your say
email image
5 messages