Talkback: MotoGP 2012: Indianapolis MotoGP results

10 messages
20/08/2012 at 05:37
yes that was the most boring race i have ever seen. the 250's were a cracker though, otherwise id blame it on that ridiculous track they call Indy. Quicker they leave that place the better, what a shity track.
20/08/2012 at 05:37
yes that was the most boring race i have ever seen. the 250's were a cracker though, otherwise id blame it on that ridiculous track they call Indy. Quicker they leave that place the better, what a shity track.
20/08/2012 at 08:24
Amazing that Ben Spies has two highly unusual mechanical failures in succession just after pi$$ing off Yamaha by announcing he's leaving before they have a chance to give him boot. Amazing...

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day,
Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life
20/08/2012 at 10:11
Totally agree, the most boring race I can remember
20/08/2012 at 14:12
I'm sorry that I didn't have time to see the qualifying as it must have been more interesting than the race. Danny and Jorge made a good race but why is there no blue flag in the USA? Lorenzo was held up forever by a backmarker.
I think if I'd stared at the fridge door for an hour it may have been more interesting. Well done to Danny for winning but it was a bit of a procession!
20/08/2012 at 19:39
So Pedrosa gets the win.
Stoner should get the osca
20/08/2012 at 22:36
On why racing is becoming a little dull? Have lorenzo and pedrosa actaully had a battle this year? I cant recall one. If Stoner is out of the picture, as he was with the injury, then there is nothing going on. Stoner is the one who mixes it up and puts it to people. I dont understand how so many can be so happy he's leaving. Without him there is a serious lack of competition. Hopefully Rossi can change that next year.

I honestly think there is a serious skill deficit in bike world at the moment. The loss of stoner and sic makes it worse. And i think this is one thing that pisses stoner off about GP world at the moment. he was vocal about Abraham getting a gig, stating this place is for the best riders, not the richest riders, and its all true. The place is becoming full of spanish riders because they can do the deals, but lack that extra talent. Sure they can ride, but that edge is rare.
20/08/2012 at 23:36
Spot on pyndman. Daryl Beattie was saying as much during our Australian coverage. Said that Dovi, though a better choice than Cal for the Ducati ride, will be doing little more than catching flies on the screen next year. He lamented the real lack of talent in bike racing at the minute.

Lets hope Marquez comes out flying and Rossi is running up front.
21/08/2012 at 14:32
Fixer, on the point of the blue flag. At the ACU theory test for racers an applicant for a race licence is told that when he/she sees the blue flag it means that a quicker racer is approaching to lap him/her. He/she is told by the course instructor that the slower racer should maintain his line and it is the responsiblity of the faster racer to find a line around the slower racer. Reasons are obvious. The slower racer cannot see the faster racer. It is a myth that the slower racer should get out of the way of the faster racer.
24/08/2012 at 02:57
whitecraw.....you are exactly right. The slower rider keeps his line and it is the overtaking rider who has to find a way around. The rider in front has the right to his line. Racing bikes do NOT have mirrors so the slower rider has no way of knowing which side of him the overtaking rider is so if he tried to get out of the way, he might actually cause more of a problem. Actually, the rule is spelled out quite clearly in the regulations. Jorge can whine til the cows come home but all he makes himself out as is pretty pathetic.....can't get around a rider that is a whopping 8 seconds a lap slower....c'mon. Put your big boy pants on.
Your say
email image
10 messages