Talkback: Hein Gericke enters administration

1 to 20 of 42 messages
31/07/2012 at 12:43
im not suprised ..

their prices were astronomical!
31/07/2012 at 13:13
Same problem as Clinton Cards: overly expensive and priced themselves out of the market.

Oh well, there's always the prospect of a liquidation sale to look forward to. Every cloud...!!!
31/07/2012 at 13:26
Peeps could never trust to buy over the internet as the sizing is so adrift from everybody elses, I still have a UK44" Tribal jacket that would fit a 12 year old very nicely if anybody interested... lol
31/07/2012 at 13:41

"Peeps"?

WTF?

31/07/2012 at 13:52
well if you waited for the offers, I think they were pretty good, I got some good quality kit from them so I'm sorry to see them go.
31/07/2012 at 13:54
Had some lovely stuff from hein gericke but they dont do enough in sizes for the UK bikers unless your young and slim.
31/07/2012 at 13:56
Quick..... B A R G A I N S
31/07/2012 at 14:15
The kit is over priced and doesn't last. They've gone bankrupt having to honour all the guarantees on the clothing that always leaks and the boots that fall apart and the gloves that the lining always comes out of.
31/07/2012 at 14:38
Sad to see but their gear is pretty shite. 2 two-piece suits ive had from them and every single zip on both failed within 2 years.

I need a new helmet though.... :D

Also not surprised at all by this news. I think ive had atleast one email a week since november with a different discount offer.
31/07/2012 at 14:46
Shame
Most of their kit ws too expensive for me but got one or two bargains over the years.
cant say i am surprised either though, the shop was usually empty whenever i called in, even at what should be their busy times.

Alot less choice now, local dealers shut 2 yrs ago, now HG look like going under, only one bike outlet left locally, and in ignorant pushy lot they are.
31/07/2012 at 15:24
The last time I visited a Hein Gericke shop I got completely pissed off with the assistant trying to sell me bike care "bargains" that I didn't need or want. Eventually I told him where to go and walked out without the £300 jacket I had planned to buy. Eventually I got a perfectly decent jacket for half the price via Amazon. The only thing that surprises me about this is that it took so long to happen.
31/07/2012 at 16:26
Great place for a bargain lid, or at least it was when I bought my last one.
31/07/2012 at 17:50
@The Clang

It'll be even better for the bargain lid when the closing down sales start. Wallets at the ready, fellas. ;)
31/07/2012 at 20:36
@ the speedfreak

Not true. My Master V kit has last mant hard seasons and is still totally warm and leak proof. It's very warm in the Winter and very cool in the Summer for touring. I'm not surprised they are in trouble though. Their customer service in my local branch was truly awful.
31/07/2012 at 21:22
My last visits to the Braintree shop a year ago were not good - very little stock, most of it looked out of date, staff looked bored and disinterested. Worst of all, no one wanted to help, so I just turned around and walked out.

There are much better shops - ok they are smaller and may be a bit pricier but they always look after the customer and ready to help if there is ever a problem.

I'm not sad to see them hit the wall - shire service, shite stock and shite attitude
31/07/2012 at 23:04
I as other people not surprised to see them go. I was pissed off about the offer which didn't apply to me cause of the wrong branding. The assistant in welling shop was not helpful at all. I told myself this is the last time I was going to shop there. I wanted to buy the whole gear. Jacket trousers and boots, but the guys would just Keep on pushing one jacket even though I wanted different one. There were other cheaper jackets but he showed no interest helping me out. It could have been a good store if it was run better. Customer loyalty doesn't ring a Bell with them. Hence the end result
01/08/2012 at 00:49
Echoing Koiboys' experience in the Braintree store, I went in there with a female friend of mine looking for a new helmet for her. I practically had to drag an assistant over to help.

The staff there are always so disinterested in customers.
01/08/2012 at 03:27
Yeah i have to agree dave. The staff are either non existant and dead behind the eyes or in your face with a jacket or suit that you don't want.
01/08/2012 at 07:08
Love them or loath them it is a pretty sad reflection of the state of the Motorcycle industry. Unfortunately I suspect they will not be the only high profile brand to hit the deck this year.
01/08/2012 at 12:08
I must be the exception, nothing but great service from the Aberdeen and Glasgow stores.
1 to 20 of 42 messages