Talkback: First of the 2013 Harley-Davidsons

1 to 20 of 29 messages
23/06/2012 at 22:49
What about the xr1200x?
24/06/2012 at 00:45
I can't believe you used the word "new" and "Harley Davidson" in the same sentence. They might make something 'new' if they'd get off their collective butts and put the V-Rod motor/trans in something like a sport touring bike, or a 'nekkid' bike that likes to go around corners.

Anyone know a good laser doc?.. I have a Harley tattoo I need removed.
24/06/2012 at 11:34

Another tart's handbag. Overweight, over priced and over here.

25/06/2012 at 01:33

i have my own m-bike..yamaha mt 03..black , so i have lot of fun every days..with my friend.

25/06/2012 at 03:55
They have 2 wheels and an engine. Embrace that.
They are not my thing either, but they belong to the same group as the rest of us... motorcycles.

Who cares about the technology (or lack there of). We all prefer 2 wheels to 4... regardless of engine size or market segment.
The best way for motorcycling to survive is for us to below to 1 group. Motorcyclists.
25/06/2012 at 19:44
And this is news? lol, coming from a former Harley owner.
25/06/2012 at 20:06

It's not the bike that's the problem - it's the hard man image and the rightwing political views that sicken. It is an old fashioned bike but that's OK; some of them look really funny too.

28/06/2012 at 17:39

Harleys are like Ducatis, an aquired taste. Both brands are stupidly quirky.

There is a 2007 CVO Softtail and a 2012 Night Rod Special in our garage. Both  are as reliable as a stone ax. My lady (a shit-hot road racer) rides the Softtail. She LOVES Harleys, which are a state of mind more than anything else.

U.S. racers and Europeans in general forgive the ancient dry clutch rattle, weird ergos and unreliability of the Ducati but are equally tough on Harley-Davidson. I call elitism.

Edited: 28/06/2012 at 17:49
18/07/2012 at 22:01
Its cute how sport bike riders or others go out of their way to trash HD and I have yet to see an HD rider waste time going to a news story about metrics and commenting.

Its like moths drawn to the flame except in this case it is morons drawn to the news article. Silly rabbits no one cares what you think about HD. The obsession you guys have speaks volumes.

I am surprised some of you were able to even get the captcha image right. I guess some tards can read and count.
23/07/2012 at 21:39
Im glad to own my hd, and am very proud it is usa made. Plain an d simple if honda, susuki etc, were american, they would e in my garage too. They perform well, just cant read the labels on the parts. Lol
25/07/2012 at 01:34
Ride what you want people .I will ride my Harley and i will love doing it.You all have my respect as long as you give it.Ride safe...I have a touring bike 20008 Ultra Electra Glide Classic FLHTCU
30/07/2012 at 02:05
The only bike out their " is harley davidson' even though High price /no power' Been riding them for 40 years and DO NOT PLAN ON RIDING ANY THING ELSE" THats it"""""""
30/07/2012 at 18:04
Nothing like a Harley,the rumble, the ride and it is made In America!!!Nothing compares to it and never will.
02/08/2012 at 19:17
Simply. There are Harley riders, and the rest are Want to be Harley riders!!
03/08/2012 at 16:16

The thinking here from HD owners is as about as modern as the bikes. IQ of room temperature, I'd say.

04/08/2012 at 05:50
I have been riding 40+ years. I ride more miles in a year than anybody below will probably ever ride in a life time! I have raced on bikes you probably wouldnt reconize and some that you are loyal to today. I do my trips on a grandpa 2012 Harley Ultra Classic CVO with double the amount i paid for it in engine extras and other stuff of add on's. I couldnhave bought a fleet of your bikes if i wanted to. Let me share a story with you of why I ride a Harley. Last summer I rode in one day Sturgis to Nashville 1423 miles. Two more quick stories. I live about 4 hours from the dragon (I'm guessing you have a picture or T-shirt you jack off to, in your bedroom) anyways I took off with a couple guys that politely (most of you are polite little pussy's in person-not all but most) told me I may want to let them go first as not to get in the way. I did, not for that reason, i wantedvto teach you that a grandpa on his grandpa bike could smoked your ass on the way down. As i sat and waited i just laughed.

I am frustrated by the negative responses. If you don't like something fine. I don't like little girly riders pulling their bikes on a trailer in my fucking way as they respond about how fucked up a Harley rider is. Put down the phone and get out of the way. Better yet park the trailer and ride. Want to talk about the macho imige shit. Earn it ride it for years in and years out through rain and snow. Than tell me about the imige.

What I am really trying to tell you is take your significant other out to buy a new coach purse to go with your personality!
04/08/2012 at 07:56

"Significant other" eh? Does that mean you are a homosexualist? And you say you don't like women. There's nothing wrong with being that way of course but you should say so and be proud of that and your Harley.

Thanks for your first story on riding a Harley - it wasn't very long, but boy was it interesting.

How do you know that you ride more miles than anyone else and how does this make you a better person? You say your bike is very expensive and suggest that this is a good thing. Well I'm sorry youve been suckered - again.You've paid a lot of money for a lowtech third world bike. And that's fine if James Watt is your engineer. I don't knock it.

I was in India and rode those Royal Enfields, taking me back to the  1950s which is the buzz that you get. Vintage bikes are fun.

PS I have never heard of a coach purse - is it an accessory for a Harley? Bling I suppose.....

Edited: 04/08/2012 at 09:17
04/08/2012 at 13:54
Hugh, I apoIigize for my response above didn't realize it would print, I am sincerely apologetic for the inappropriate words! When I get frustrated I write makes me feel better than pitch! I hadn't at that time accepted membership so I "assumed" it wouldn't print.

I am sincerely apologetic, and regret my inappropriate response!

Sorry!
04/08/2012 at 19:59
For me jerk your wimpy asexual and liberal ways that sicken. Who cares if you like HD's or not, why even comment? I don't look at Jap bike articles, they don't interest me.
06/08/2012 at 14:28
I have owned Honda's, Norton's and Harley's and I currently have a 2011 Road Glide Ultra. My Dad picked me and my Mom up from the hospital when i was born over 60 years ago. I don't care what you ride or what you do in your spare time. I just have resect for my Fellow Bikers (until you give me a reason not to). So all you whiners and haters should really find out that waht does matter is we all RIDE!!! Peace out!!!
1 to 20 of 29 messages